ano0oj
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is probably the cleanest install I've seen! great job1
Old 11-09-06, 02:16 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

nice install OP; subscribed! (for whenever i decide to get the valentine 1...)
Old 11-09-06, 02:20 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Can you post a pic of it head on. Like sit in the middle rear seat and take a pic. I'd like to see what it looks like from a distance.
Old 11-09-06, 05:03 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks very slick. Can you tell me how (and where) you have the power cord hooked up? Looks like the cord is going to the back of the mirror? Did you have to splice or cut any wires?
Old 11-09-06, 06:00 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default V-1 mount

Looks nice, but I'd be worried with all of that added weight to the rear view mirror mounting bracket. I've had my rear view mirror separate from the windshield before (different car) it's not amusing. Just thinking in blazing 90-100 degree heat how it will affect the mount when the interior temp of the car clicks over 120.
Old 11-09-06, 07:01 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

I just ordered the mount. What a website that is.... Check out the owner's van in the About the Artist section.
Old 11-09-06, 07:04 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

wonder if this mount/setup will stabilize those of us who have vibrating mirrors.
Old 11-10-06, 07:12 AM
darrelld
Driver

Looks good, reaching for the credit card...
Old 11-10-06, 05:38 PM
gassman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ano0oj
This is probably the cleanest install I've seen! great job1

Thanks
Old 11-10-06, 05:40 PM
gassman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
Looks very slick. Can you tell me how (and where) you have the power cord hooked up? Looks like the cord is going to the back of the mirror? Did you have to splice or cut any wires?
Power cord is tucked in the headliner and hidden all the way to the fuse box. I may splice into the rearview mirror if the fuse box gives me trouble.
Old 11-10-06, 05:43 PM
gassman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Johnny Mo
Looks nice, but I'd be worried with all of that added weight to the rear view mirror mounting bracket. I've had my rear view mirror separate from the windshield before (different car) it's not amusing. Just thinking in blazing 90-100 degree heat how it will affect the mount when the interior temp of the car clicks over 120.
The mount in aluminum.
Old 11-13-06, 06:46 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Just received my mount in the mail today and I just installed it. It took me an hour of wasted time to get it straight. I finally had to come and get my laptop and bring it to the car with your picture on how it should look. The problem was that my center post was tilted down and yours was straight across. Once I moved that up it was fine........well, after I found the screw that popped out when I was using that tool they provided to tighten the screw. That was awkward trying to tighten in the small space...anyway the screw popped out and naturally went down between the passenger seat and console .....so now the radar detector is mounted below the rear view mirror and it looks nice and all but...it is not connected......the wire came out of the headliner to the left of the rear view mirror and now it won't reach to the right side to plug it in. I didn't watch how it was hardwired but the wire is tucked into the headliner from the left side and I don't want to pull it too much so I'm thinking I better have someone who knows what they're doing have at it. unless anyone here can tell me what to do next...
Old 11-14-06, 12:59 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

All done and looks great Called a place out of the phone book this morning that advertised Mobile Audio & Video service. The guy called me at 2:30 and was at my office at 3:00. I took him out to the car and rolled down the windows for him and asked if he needed the fob. He said yes, so I said okay but I'm gonna need your drivers license in exchange. He started laughing and said you know that is a really smart thing to do, nobody ever asks me for anything and they just give me their keys. So he went to his car to get his license and he was driving a really sharp black new 350Z so then I started laughing and said well I guess I really don't need to worry about you stealing my car. Anyway I got his license and he did the work for $70. Found out he does all the custom install work for the local Lexus dealer so I felt better about picking someone out of the phone book after I heard that. He also is ordering the mount for himself. He thought it was a really nice mount. Soooo, thanks Gassman for the recommendation.
Old 02-26-07, 07:18 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

anyone else ordered this mount? I'm curious if you have to use your existing suction cup bracket in conjunction with the aluminum mount or if they supply one?

also, can someone take pics without the V1 attached?? Thanks!
Old 02-26-07, 05:39 PM
93illini
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bagwell
anyone else ordered this mount? I'm curious if you have to use your existing suction cup bracket in conjunction with the aluminum mount or if they supply one?
The bracket requires your V1 supplied windshield mount. Remove the suction cups and secure to bracket with screws. Not an easy solution for 1 detector shared between multiple cars.

I tried this option but returned it - way too obtrusive. I prefer having the V1 tucked up tight to the headliner.

Quick Reply: V1 radar mount