IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My first IS accident :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-06, 09:08 AM
Kavistar
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmusic
As far as I should have been looking behind as I was backing up, that is true. I did look out my driveway as I raised my garage door and started backing out. It was when I starting my turn around the back of my truck that I took my eyes off the rear view mirror to hit the garage door button to close it. When I felt the hit I turned and looked out the rear window and saw nothing. With the angle that my car hit hers, her car was in my blind spot.
This is one reason I try to back in everywhere I go, especially into my garage. When you first drive home you know where everything is so it is easy to maneuver around any objects in your way. Another reason: it is easier to get into a garage/parking space while going backwards.
Old 06-02-06, 09:10 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kavistar
This is one reason I try to back in everywhere I go, especially into my garage. When you first drive home you know where everything is so it is easy to maneuver around any objects in your way.
I know where things are when I'm backing out of the garage, because I turn my head and look.
Old 06-02-06, 09:51 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the real mistake was not backing up his truck and leaving it parked on top of the offending vehicle.
Old 06-02-06, 10:08 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Big Andy
I think the real mistake was not backing up his truck and leaving it parked on top of the offending vehicle.
That I can agree with
Old 06-02-06, 11:20 AM
IS-250
Rookie

Haha, a similar thing happened to me yesturday (well not as bad). I was cleaning my car with the pressure washer and since I live on a corner lot, there are always real estate agents parking in my driveway to get out and put up their open house signs on the sidewalk and crap near my house and they always park like morons (even though you are just parking for 1 minute, you should still respect someone else's property and do a decent job. Anyways, this one guy who parks on my driveway atleast 5 times a week parks right up on my driveway, gets out of his Mercedes ML, and starts getting into the back of his car and getting out his open house sign. While he is doing this, I am rinsing the car and i didnt realize that it was a little windy and water got all over him and his car (mostly overspray). He then freaks out at me and starts cussing like crazy. I basically told him to F*@$ off and that i can **** on his car if i wanted to since it is on my driveway and if he had a problem with that, he can park on the F-ing street and not always on my driveway. I have to be honestly, i think somewhere in the back of my mind, i wanted to get him wet since these guys are always parking to put up a sign. I could have stopped the pressure washer for a minute especially since he was dressed in a suit and all but why should i be inconvenienced for someone else? Anways, next time i see him on my driveway, i am gonna pump up the power so friggen high on that pressure washer so i will crack his windshield on his sh*$mobile.
Old 06-02-06, 01:04 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Very good IS-250. A perfect opportunity arose for revenge, even though it wasn't intentional on your part but subconscious......although I hope you don't leave your car out unattended in your driveway if he comes around there often
Old 06-02-06, 03:03 PM
Seattle350
Rookie

is she hot? If so, let her pay you back in kind else if she's a dog, sue her! Sorry about your car, man...
Old 04-02-08, 09:55 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Style2k6
But the car was on his property and obscured by his truck . I bet you can walk from your bedroom to the bathroom in the dark and have done it many times without turning the light on to look first.But if someonewere to put something is the path and you tripped over it who are you going to be mad at the person who put the object there or yourself for not turning on the light and looking at the path you have walked many times in the dark ?
"Partly obscured" doesn't necessarily mean not at fault. If it's hard to see when you are backing up, it might mean you need to go slower, or look more carefully. We're all guilty of it--pulling down your driveway, you aren't expecting anything to be there, and you may not be looking as closely. There may just be equal blame here.

BUT--I don't think that means it's wrong to suggest she pay. Worst that happens is she says "No," any you move on to Plan B.
Old 04-02-08, 09:58 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-250
Haha, a similar thing happened to me yesturday (well not as bad). I was cleaning my car with the pressure washer and since I live on a corner lot, there are always real estate agents parking in my driveway to get out and put up their open house signs on the sidewalk and crap near my house and they always park like morons (even though you are just parking for 1 minute, you should still respect someone else's property and do a decent job. Anyways, this one guy who parks on my driveway atleast 5 times a week parks right up on my driveway, gets out of his Mercedes ML, and starts getting into the back of his car and getting out his open house sign. While he is doing this, I am rinsing the car and i didnt realize that it was a little windy and water got all over him and his car (mostly overspray). He then freaks out at me and starts cussing like crazy. I basically told him to F*@$ off and that i can **** on his car if i wanted to since it is on my driveway and if he had a problem with that, he can park on the F-ing street and not always on my driveway. I have to be honestly, i think somewhere in the back of my mind, i wanted to get him wet since these guys are always parking to put up a sign. I could have stopped the pressure washer for a minute especially since he was dressed in a suit and all but why should i be inconvenienced for someone else? Anways, next time i see him on my driveway, i am gonna pump up the power so friggen high on that pressure washer so i will crack his windshield on his sh*$mobile.
I see those Open House and For Sale signs on corner lots all the time. If they did that on my yard, I'd be out there 30 seconds later pulling up their signs, and putting them in the trash.

Tell that agent, NEXT time, you're calling the cops.
Old 04-02-08, 09:59 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

I would be PISSSED!! and would ask her to pay for the damage. She should not be on your drive way period! I'm pretty sure if you ask her she'll pay for it, since she doesn't have insurance, and dont' want to get the police involved.
Old 04-02-08, 10:01 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is nearly 2 years old. nice bump.