IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Crystal White or GFM?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 05:24 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by javylsu
I'm in Beverly Hills, and the only GFM 2IS that I've seen I actually saw here in BH on Monday. I sure hope it stays that way, because I get stopped all the time at the car wash and while driving errands by people staring at my car, asking what color that is, etc...

Javier
Ah, your another local.

Well, I'm looking forward to picking up my GFM.

I hope you installed a pockysensor on yours soon. (inside joke from knihc's thread)
Old 04-20-06, 05:27 PM
is350WHT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So...You wanna be rare in California with Crystal White? hah! Don't make me laugh!

I see a CW on every block. j/k j/k!

Just yanking your chain! Please don't hurt me!
Please allow me to clarify, I want my Crystal White w/ Black interior IS 350 to be a rare combo in Northern California. Maybe all the dealers I worked with were lying to me when they said that combo was rare (compared with White w/ Tan), but this was the first white/black I've seen...So far I haven't seen any, but then most of the ones I see are silver...Is this just a rare combo for IS 350 in N. California?

Know it won't last as everyone who sees my car compliments it, even those who don't like
white cars

Last edited by is350WHT; 04-20-06 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-20-06, 08:05 PM
pkvir
Driver

Well, I went to the dealership today during a cloudy, overcast day. I will soon have a Crystal White in my garage. Although GFM looks great to me in the sun, It was unimpressive today, very blue. Probably couldn't get one anyway, as people are standing in line to get the 350's in my area, even the common colors. I should have my car by the end of the month.
Old 04-20-06, 09:23 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is350WHT
Please allow me to clarify, I want my Crystal White w/ Black interior IS 350 to be a rare combo in Northern California. Maybe all the dealers I worked with were lying to me when they said that combo was rare (compared with White w/ Tan), but this was the first white/black I've seen...So far I haven't seen any, but then most of the ones I see are silver...Is this just a rare combo for IS 350 in N. California?

Know it won't last as everyone who sees my car compliments it, even those who don't like
white cars
Apparently, the white on black combo is rarer than anyone would think. I'm one of the first in the So Cal region to get white on black with the sport pkg. The salesman showed me the allocation and mine was the only white on black. He then showed me the future allocations and there wasn't another white on black to be seen. I guess white on cashmere is the most common combo that Lexus builds...
Old 04-20-06, 10:54 PM
menech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bichon
For some reason, the pearl/mica effect of the crystal white doesn't show up in photographs.

When viewed close up under bright sunlight or under artificial light (e.g. parking lot lights), the crystal white has a real cool mica effect. If flat lighting, or from across the parking lot, it just looks like regular non-metallic white.
Bichon - I think I just suck at taking pictures cause your right the CW has a great flake/mica color to it that really does pop in person. It certainly doesn't look like a flat white. Maybe i'll try to take some new pics now that it stopped raining everyday
Old 04-21-06, 08:57 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Ah, your another local.

Well, I'm looking forward to picking up my GFM.

I hope you installed a pockysensor on yours soon. (inside joke from knihc's thread)
Haha, I had rig something up just for pocky after reading his posts... j/k

Seriuosly, though, pocky - I hope you get it soon. I had to wait 2 months for mine (back in September through end of November) and the wait was pure TORTURE!!!

Javier
Old 04-21-06, 10:02 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Haha, I had rig something up just for pocky after reading his posts... j/k

Seriuosly, though, pocky - I hope you get it soon. I had to wait 2 months for mine (back in September through end of November) and the wait was pure TORTURE!!!

Javier
haha, special pocky deterrent?!

Yup....waiting...and waiting some more. I'm like a little kid waiting for a toy store to open.
Old 04-21-06, 10:10 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah, I painted it Crystal White... haha

On another note, I just realized I have a GFM Microsoft Mouse! I must have bought it subconsciously to match my car!

Javier
Old 04-21-06, 01:45 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Yeah, I painted it Crystal White... haha

On another note, I just realized I have a GFM Microsoft Mouse! I must have bought it subconsciously to match my car!

Javier
lol. GFM Microsoft Mouse?
Old 04-22-06, 10:34 PM
pkvir
Driver

Originally Posted by pkvir
Well, I went to the dealership today during a cloudy, overcast day. I will soon have a Crystal White in my garage. Although GFM looks great to me in the sun, It was unimpressive today, very blue. Probably couldn't get one anyway, as people are standing in line to get the 350's in my area, even the common colors. I should have my car by the end of the month.
All bets are off for the White. I now on a Tungsten Peal and couldn't be happier.