IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Front / Rear Parking Assist- Dealer says I Can't get it in Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-06, 05:16 PM
Mitch1988
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front / Rear Parking Assist- Dealer says I Can't get it in Ohio?

The lexus dealer in Columbus, Ohio says that Lexus does not ship cars to the Ohio region with the front/rear parking assist. They said other states have that option but not Columbus, Ohio.

Is this just a ploy from the dealer to simply get a car off the lot or is this really the case?

I have it on my current car and it has saved me many times from hitting cars, poles etc.....I would really like to get it on my IS.........please let me know if any of you know anything about this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by Mitch1988; 02-05-06 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-05-06, 05:20 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's odd. Park Assist is one of the options that seem "standard" on the new IS because they are readily available, just like the Preferred Accessory Package. I would understand if they ran out of PCS or ML, but Park Assist should be available in your area.

Check with another dealer. I think this may be a ploy to sell you a car without one...
Old 02-05-06, 05:54 PM
mike714
Rookie

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Check with another dealer. I think this may be a ploy to sell you a car without one...
Agreed. Dealers will throw out any BS to keep you from buying a car they don't have to sell you that day. Some Nissan dealer once told me that silver is played out and nobody wants them after my girlfriend asked to see one. He suggested dark blue instead. We went to another dealer and asked what the most popular/easiest to sell color was. Can you guess?
Old 02-05-06, 06:08 PM
evren
Rookie

for what its worth, we have that problem in Canada, for some reason Park Assist just doesn't exist here (verified through Lexus Canada).

Certainly the rear one isn't necessary thanks to the camera, and its a relitively compact car so probably not necessary, though since when has buying a lexus had anything to do with necessity?
Old 02-05-06, 07:15 PM
vp911
Pit Crew

Drive up here to michigan and you can get it . Call up Michail Kravaritis at Meade Lexus of Southfield. Tell him Vik sent you and he should be willing to take care of you. (No referral bonus or anything, don't worry). We have leased/bought three cars from him in the last couple years. Great guy, straight forward, and will find you what you want. He found the IS350 I wanted and had it to me within a month.
Old 02-05-06, 07:30 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by evren
for what its worth, we have that problem in Canada, for some reason Park Assist just doesn't exist here (verified through Lexus Canada).

Certainly the rear one isn't necessary thanks to the camera, and its a relitively compact car so probably not necessary, though since when has buying a lexus had anything to do with necessity?
Canada has a different problem... Lexus just doesn't make them (nor PCS) available.

They're available in the US, but some salesmen are just ignorant of that fact and would rather sell you something on the lot.
Old 02-05-06, 08:23 PM
Langdell
Driver

I sense a pattern here of dealers telling prospective buyers that certain options/combinations are "not available" when what they really mean is that those options are not on any of the cars they have on the lot or in their incoming allocations. It's my sense that almost every possible combo is available in the U.S., at least by special order, and possibly in incoming allocations to nearby dealers. As far as I can determine, the only combo not available at all is wood trim with the sport package. At least that's the only combo I would have preferred that turned out to be totally unavailable.

In my case, I was told by two dealers in different cities that, while ML was available in my region, it was only by special order. Not true as it turns out--a third dealer has two IS350's with ML coming in this month as part of the allocation they ordered months ago. One of them will soon be mine!

I highly doubt that park assist--an option totally unrelated to climate--is totally unavailable in Ohio. Heck, my car is coming with headlight washers--an option I don't especially need in drought-stricken Texas and would never have requested.
Old 02-05-06, 09:01 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Park Assist is currently out of production....

and the dealers aren't using a ploy folks. Some of our early cars had it and now they don't and we will have to wait until they are available again. Sorry...

Rock