IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Park Assist DELAYED 3 Months ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-06, 10:02 AM
XKronite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Park Assist DELAYED 3 Months ???

I ordered the 250AWD with PA, HW, ML, NAV, and Lux in mid December.

I put my $1K depo down and the dealer told me it would be about 90 days until the car came in.... Not a problem.

Today he called to say that cars with Park Assist have been pushed out another 90 days, but if I change my order to exclude the PA it would only be another 30 days for delivery.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this??

When I first looked at the IS, all the dealers told me that just about EVERY car (250 and 350) was coming in with PA. What's with the switch ? Or is this just another dealer ploy ???
Old 01-12-06, 10:17 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is not really answering your post, more like "questioning it"... lol
Why on earth would you even want PA? I wish i coulda saved the money
and had it left out of my car.. The only way it could be of any use to me
is if i'm a little buzzed and pulling into my garage (tight fit) on a saturday morning.
Then maybe it could help me out a bit. llol

Just be happy your getting the ML! I envy you

Last edited by Tony1; 01-12-06 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-12-06, 10:21 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds weird. Park Assist should be readily available because it is offered on all the Lexus models. Imagine if a car is delayed because they ran out of Navigation systems or leather seats?!?

I would still order it and you should get your car in three-four months. Make sure that the delay is not because of something else, such as the ML system or availability of AWD...
Old 01-12-06, 10:23 AM
krs71
Rookie

if you don't mind.......that's probably the same way I would configure my car........what was the price or lease on it? Also did you deal with Hoffman Lexus?
Old 01-12-06, 10:27 AM
krs71
Rookie

I don't require PA
Old 01-12-06, 10:33 AM
XKronite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by krs71
if you don't mind.......that's probably the same way I would configure my car........what was the price or lease on it? Also did you deal with Hoffman Lexus?
Yes - Hoffman in Hartford. They are splitting the difference between MSRP and Invoice. Before TTL it's right around $38,400.
Old 01-12-06, 10:55 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by XKronite
I ordered the 250AWD with PA, HW, ML, NAV, and Lux in mid December.

I put my $1K depo down and the dealer told me it would be about 90 days until the car came in.... Not a problem.

Today he called to say that cars with Park Assist have been pushed out another 90 days, but if I change my order to exclude the PA it would only be another 30 days for delivery.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this??

When I first looked at the IS, all the dealers told me that just about EVERY car (250 and 350) was coming in with PA. What's with the switch ? Or is this just another dealer ploy ???
Sounds like a dealer ploy. Mine's on the boat now with PA.
Old 01-12-06, 11:01 AM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

I think it just has to do with their allocations. The northeast region will be receiving the car you want, except for the PA and ML, this month and also in February. I would double check with them that the ML option is still part of your order, although maybe that is coming in the March allocations.

None of the 250AWD's in the northeast will have PA during this latest allocation cycle, while last time (October to December), they all had PA.
Old 01-12-06, 11:19 AM
krs71
Rookie

Originally Posted by XKronite
Yes - Hoffman in Hartford. They are splitting the difference between MSRP and Invoice. Before TTL it's right around $38,400.

What was invoice on your car?
Old 01-12-06, 12:20 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Yes, this is what my sales person told me. At first, I wanted it with the PA but he told me that the next few allocations will not include the PA so I would have to live without it. But I've had my deposit down since early November and still without a car. I am getting annoyed and tired and I scheduled a test drive with BMW on Saturday. Atleast they have cars in stock.

-Mike
Old 01-12-06, 02:45 PM
tonyscv
Driver

That makes no sense... I ordered my car in October - Nav, Park Assist, ML, and PCS/radar cruise. It's been built, had a VIN assigned, and is on the boat as we speak. Supposed to be in my garage before the end of the month.

Sounds like the dealer simply forgot to place the order.
Old 01-12-06, 04:28 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

PA is pretty decent. Not a must have...but neither are some of the other gadgets on the IS. If you don't get it, you won't miss it. If you get it, you have something cool the next guy doesn't have along with the rearview camera. It has little to nothing to do with parking so maybe it should be called something else.

All I can tell you is I use it everyday. Every single time I put my car in reverse, one of the points to check is the nav screen. And every single time, without fail, I pull into my garage, the point at which I stop depends on PA.
Old 01-12-06, 06:30 PM
knox_sport
Driver

Default i agree with tonysc

I have to agree with tonyscv on this one, it sounds like your dealer either "forgot" to place your order, or was banking that upcoming allocations would be like the initial ones that had PA and he wouldn't have to actually place a firm order.

I was at my local dealer last night discussing a possible order. He pulled up upcoming allocations on the screen and looked at what was on the next boat in and expected after that. He told me that the region we're in was initially receiving base IS and very few that were loaded, and the NorthEast region was getting mainly loaded cars.

He said Lexus has been trying to balance the allocations between our two regions and things should start to even out. That may be why PA isn't as readily available in your area (since it's part of NE) as it was in the beginning. This is one time I'm inclined to believe what they're telling me...
Old 01-22-06, 12:03 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Default Placed order 10/28/05

Dealer said it would be 3-4 months to get it as I wanted

SGM
Sport
ML
Park Assist
Nav

Should be available basically now.

However just got a call from the dealer telling me they have a different car on the way that is basically the same...Only diff is no Park Assist.

Said if I want the PA it could be another couple of months...

I called them last Friday to check on status..said they will know Monday whats on the way...but gut feeling was that my car is on the way.

BUT..after reading this thread I have become suspicious..

Maybe they orderd my car without PA...and the other car is really mine...OR maybe PA isn't available...

They are going to call me tomorrow when the get their list of inbounds...If mine is on it I will wait for the PA..I think PA is a good idea mostly to avoid curb rash on the wheels.

If its not on the boat I will prob take the other one sans PA.
Old 01-22-06, 02:30 PM
tonyscv
Driver

Originally Posted by sjgIS350
Dealer said it would be 3-4 months to get it as I wanted

SGM
Sport
ML
Park Assist
Nav

Should be available basically now.

However just got a call from the dealer telling me they have a different car on the way that is basically the same...Only diff is no Park Assist.

Said if I want the PA it could be another couple of months...

I called them last Friday to check on status..said they will know Monday whats on the way...but gut feeling was that my car is on the way.

BUT..after reading this thread I have become suspicious..

Maybe they orderd my car without PA...and the other car is really mine...OR maybe PA isn't available...

They are going to call me tomorrow when the get their list of inbounds...If mine is on it I will wait for the PA..I think PA is a good idea mostly to avoid curb rash on the wheels.

If its not on the boat I will prob take the other one sans PA.
If you have the patience - I'd go to another dealer regardless. It's clear they didn't order you a car at all, and as the prior poster said - they probably just hoped that they'd get an allocation that included PA, or that they could just sell you one off their lot. Totally unacceptable.

Park assist IS available - you CAN order it. Your dealer didn't provide you with very good customer service at all. I'd buy it elsewhere if at all possible - even if you wind up buying one off the lot.

- T