IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lease return to any Lexus dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-05, 10:23 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lease return to any Lexus dealership?

I know this is a stupid question and probably the wrong forum to ask, but I was wondering (basically looking for verification) that at the end of a lease from Lexus (if leased from a U.S. dealership), you can return it to any Lexus dealership in the U.S.?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-12-05, 10:55 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm pretty sure you can eventhough i've never lease one before. call lexus and ask them.
Old 12-12-05, 11:24 AM
ianneub
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kermee
I know this is a stupid question and probably the wrong forum to ask, but I was wondering (basically looking for verification) that at the end of a lease from Lexus (if leased from a U.S. dealership), you can return it to any Lexus dealership in the U.S.?

Thanks in advance!
Yeah you can do that, just call the dealer you want to return it to and make sure they'll take it. From what I was told by Lexus Financial only the dealer you leased from is required to take it back, but I returned mine to a more local dealer without hassle.
Old 12-12-05, 12:08 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Every dealer is required to accept a lease return without a problem. Just give them a courtesy call in advance to give a head's up first.
Old 12-12-05, 03:19 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Awesome! Thanks everyone for your replies!

I asked my salesman at a local Lexus dealership and he answered the question in the affirmative like your replies and... well... I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Kermee; 12-12-05 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Horrible Grammar
Old 12-12-05, 03:39 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cool.

are you going to buy another lexus??
Old 12-12-05, 03:51 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Thumbs up

Yeah. A "sister" (clone) of my AWD IS 250 came in last weekend from the dealership I purchased mine two weeks ago.

This one is being leased up here in WA and hopefully shipped down to CA at no extra cost. My significant other's car finally died and she needs a new car. Since I had just purchased my AWD IS 250 less than two weeks ago, my salesman said he'd do something "special" since now I'm considered a "repeat customer". I asked for $ off MSRP in the 4-digits. (Did it that way rather then stating $1K over invoice) and waiving the $400 fee to "ship" it down to CA and he knows he can at least waive the $400 fee and is working on the MSRP-off discount right now.

I know AWD isn't too popular with the peeps in this forum, especially you CA drivers, but I'm moving up from a '99 Galant ES V6 and she's moving up from a '94 Nissan Maxima so we're not all too concerned with getting an RWD IS 350. Trust me, the AWD IS 250's are plenty nice for what we need.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 12-27-05, 07:12 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

Sorry for drudging up a near dead post but I just wanted to clarify... MOST any Lexus dealer will take the car back... a previous poster noted that only the originating dealer is required to take it back and that is the case, however most any dealer will take a car back... there are some exceptions, some dealers require the cars they lease be returned there, some will not take cars back from dealers outside a certain area, so I'd just verify with the dealer you are planning on working with that they will take back a lease from wherever you get it.

I work with this every day and saw this as I browsed old threads and just wanted to clarify. If you are leasing through Lexus Financial feel free to call them about it and they'll be happy to let you know the details of the specific dealers... 1-800-286-0653 for the Loyalty department there.
Old 12-27-05, 07:34 PM
Donger
Driver

And to further what was already mentioned, if you are not planning on returning it to the originating dealer, call the finance company (Lexus Financial or whoever holds your lease). The finance company owns the vehicle and as they want the vehicle back after the lease, they will arrange a location for return. Most times it will be another Lexus dealer, but there are other options they have.

Back in 2002 I turned in a GS400 I leased in AZ. I was living in NoCal at the time and the nearest Lexus dealer was 80 miles away. I called Lexus Financial and they arranged for me to turn it into the local Toyota dealer down the road.
Old 12-27-05, 09:27 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I worked at Lexus dealerships for 13 years and never once refused a lease return nor have I ever heard of any negative feedback from other dealers on lease return policies.

We were quite happy to take in a lease return because then we'd get first crack at buying it and selling it on pre-owned lot. Cars were usually in better condition than buying at the auction.

I stand by my original statement.
Old 12-27-05, 09:48 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

AsianGirl is exactly the type of person I would want to work with at a dealership!

Not all dealers are that accommodating, although like I said before, most will be happy to help you out. Just to be safe talk with the dealer first before you return it and let them know your circumstances. If you do lease with Lexus Financial Services talk to someone in their Loyalty department, they do nothing but handle leases and the lease return process, number is posted above.