Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

DIY aftermarket amp power wire install step by step with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 02:46 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just use one pair. makes it simplier. ive had mine bumping since july when i got my car.
Old 02-21-10, 03:57 PM
joeker
Racer

for anyone who is interested, i may be considering making a wiring diagram for non ML users who want to upgrade their speaker system as well. i've personally already upgraded my speakers, but anyone who is interested may be scared away because of the different colored wires, i may be able to help
Old 02-21-10, 07:01 PM
termigator
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested. The OEM system just doesn't give out enough bass for my taste.
Old 02-21-10, 07:20 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

thats sick. im re-doing all of my door speakers at the 50k mark. warrenty will be up. and the rest of the stock system will be out
Old 04-08-10, 03:52 AM
H-I-M
Driver

Thanks for all the info.
Old 06-10-10, 11:27 AM
spicaly
Driver

good info guys
Old 07-02-10, 08:41 PM
KleeNx11
Driver School Candidate

Default remote trigger... HELP!!!

i have 2009 is250 non ml... and the only thing i have left to do is my remote trigger wire... can anyone please tell me the exact color and where it is for my car? i would really like to finish it today... please help me... or can tell me which one is the wire i can tap into for the cig. lighter... please help...
Old 07-02-10, 10:30 PM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
i actually found it guys. thanks for the help though. no need to run a wire to the front and tap the cig lighter. you can get power from the stock amp with the thinest orange wire on the third connector for non ml owners
like mistaboi said. the really thin orange wire closest to the back of the car.
Old 07-02-10, 11:49 PM
KleeNx11
Driver School Candidate

i really don't see a orange wire....is there a specific wire? and i have four plugs... which plug is the wire in? please help...
Old 08-11-10, 05:28 AM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

I love this old post!! I have a question though...I tapped both righ and left FRONT woofers and my ML sub. Now, I cannot tell how people SUMMED them or attached them to the LOC. Whenever I touch the two positives together from left and right woofer, the system clips and turns off....so, does summing mean what? Can anyone share how they used the 3 channel input to get 1 summed channel RCA output to amp?
Old 09-22-10, 12:19 AM
dembou
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swyner
I love this old post!! I have a question though...I tapped both righ and left FRONT woofers and my ML sub. Now, I cannot tell how people SUMMED them or attached them to the LOC. Whenever I touch the two positives together from left and right woofer, the system clips and turns off....so, does summing mean what? Can anyone share how they used the 3 channel input to get 1 summed channel RCA output to amp?
Hey swyner, did you figure out how to do it? if so, please let me know, as I'm about to receive my goodies awaiting shipment and will be installing this weekend.

Edit: 10/05/2010 By looking at the pictures, it seems that summing the front channels is done at the output of the LOC, using a Y RCA cable (2-male to 1-male). So, at the amp you arrive with one rca plug from both front-left and right speakers, and one rca plug from the factory subwoofer. Note that for this setup you must use a LOC with at least 3-channels (most likely will be a 4-channel), so that each speaker comes into the LOC individually.

Last edited by dembou; 10-04-10 at 10:50 PM. Reason: own answer
Old 10-25-10, 07:19 PM
sushimi
Rookie

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
I have the non-ml system. I used this post's information:

T-tap wires on the front woofer speaker wires. The right front door woofer wires are Brown (+) and Pink (-). The left front door woofer wires are White (+) and Red (-). Or you could just tap the factory sub wires to the new amp. The sub factory wires are sort of confusing on the schematics I have. The wires are either Pink (+) and Sky Blue (-) or Brown (+) and Light Green(-). Just pick the colors that are at the speaker for your install.

I am waiting to have someone tell us for sure which is the remote turn on for the non-ml system. I have heard different colors, but need someone here to let us know for sure. Right now my amp stays on while the car is on. Need to change this ASAP.
how do you know which harness is what? I have like 4 red wires and 2 brown, and 5 baby blue .... my car is apart plz help!
Old 01-20-11, 08:42 PM
Supernin
Driver School Candidate

Someone posted a pdf earlier in this thread which has the wiring diagram in great detail. What it doesn't tell you is which connector is which, but for anyone who couldn't figure it out, they are A/B/D/C if you are looking down at your amp and you see the 4 connectors on top.

To answer your question, the remote wire is the really skinny orange wire on the far right (toward of the back of the car) of the 3rd connector. It's the connector with a bunch of really skinny wires going in.
Old 01-20-11, 08:47 PM
Supernin
Driver School Candidate

Default 99% done... then disaster

Props to the OP for the great tutorial. I followed it almost to the T, got everything working, started balancing/adjusting my amp, then when I returned to the drivers seat I noticed the entire center console had lost power. Well, the red security LED flashes, the airbag warning comes up, and the flashers button works - but nothing else. No screen, no illumination for the buttons, no clock, nothing else. The drivers gauges still work and the car starts/runs fine, but the console seems dead. What gives? I checked fuse #10 in the drivers side panel and a few others under the hood that seemed relevant, but they were fine.

Can anyone help? Not sure what else to look for! I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery, starting the car, powering up the acc without starting the engine, etc. Nothing helps, the screen just stays black. It was working 10 seconds earlier and I really don't think I did anything to make it quit! Argh... Thx in advance.
Old 02-09-11, 09:50 PM
drummerjim
Driver School Candidate

Supernin did you ever figure out what happened?

Quick Reply: DIY aftermarket amp power wire install step by step with pictures