IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

New IS - NEW RIMS - pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-08, 02:00 PM
Lexist7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New IS - NEW RIMS - pics!

I just got this IS300 a few weeks ago - 60 grand miles, great condition, 2002, 11,500 cash. What a deal - I cant believe I found this guy. I'm in the DC area and I guarantee it was the deal of the century around here. Then I picked up these rims from a guy who'd just pulled them off of his s2000. He payed five grand for the rims and tires - he sold them for 1700 last night after I finally finished working him for the past month and a half. Anyway, I'm new, so what do you guys think? Am I headed in the right direction? Next three mods planned: Kaminari body kit painted ggp, one to one and a half inch drop and possibly the hks carbon ti exhaust. Any advice on dropping it? I've got my specs in one of the sub forums titled "issued with lowering" or something.
Attached Thumbnails New IS - NEW RIMS - pics!-is300-evolution-1-015.jpg  
Old 08-01-08, 02:03 PM
Lexist7
Driver School Candidate

here is what the wheels looked like before I cleaned and installed them today.
Attached Thumbnails New IS - NEW RIMS - pics!-is300-evolution-1-009.jpg  
Old 08-01-08, 03:07 PM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

nice wheels man... ggp rep! u gonna paint it and leave lip polished??
Old 08-01-08, 04:29 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Nice find on the price. Has the car been wrecked or salvaged? Thats low miles for what you paid for. It definitely needs to be lowered and wider tires on them wheels. What are the specs on them?

H&R springs with stock or Koni Yellows for a subtle drop...1-1.5" all around.
TEIN CS coilovers with EDFC...adjustable height and ride comfort.

Search in the www.my.IS forum and you might find the answers your looking for.
Old 08-01-08, 05:13 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice GGP. Welcome and check out NELOC we have many events in the DC metro area. I live in the charlotesville area, but planning move to NOVA. For lowering I was looking at eibach or tein. I ended up getting road magnet springs the same as used by team lexus, the drop should be about a inch, but I do not have them installed yet, because I have been so busy. I think you have a nice mod plan, might want to add a intake, lip and new grill.
Old 08-01-08, 08:52 PM
Lexist7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
Nice find on the price. Has the car been wrecked or salvaged? Thats low miles for what you paid for. It definitely needs to be lowered and wider tires on them wheels. What are the specs on them?

H&R springs with stock or Koni Yellows for a subtle drop...1-1.5" all around.
TEIN CS coilovers with EDFC...adjustable height and ride comfort.

Search in the www.my.IS forum and you might find the answers your looking for.
Never wrecked/salvaged - trust me, I was as skeptical about the price as you are. It was only after I met the guy, saw the car, read the carfax and had it checked out that I felt comfortable buying it. The guy was a banker from cali who had recently moved to DC to work as an attorney for a government agency. I got his business card, personal info and place of employment all checked out. He jjust happened to be a rich guy paying storage on a car he didn't drive, and I just happened to be a poor suburbanite in the right place at the right time. The car's history is clean as a whistle believe it or not - I had even toyed with the idea, after buying it, of selling it for sixteen grand and throwing the profits in the bank, but I've waited too long for an IS. The wheel specs are actually posted on another thread of mine in the subforums titled "possible lowering issues" or something like that. The front rims have a large offset (+50) and rear wheels are 9.5 with 255 tires so I'm worried I'll rub. Any suggestions other than what you've already posted?
Old 08-01-08, 08:53 PM
Lexist7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusGSXR
nice wheels man... ggp rep! u gonna paint it and leave lip polished??
I haven't decided about painting yet - If I do, it will most certainly be gold or bronze with a polished lip, however whatever mods I do end up going with (body kit, grill, hood, etc etc) will determine the final wheel color.
Old 08-02-08, 09:32 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Looks sharp bro!
Old 08-02-08, 10:33 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Welcome to CL!

Nice pick-up!
Old 08-03-08, 11:44 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you copped BBS LMs for $1700!?!? Lucky! ahhaha Looking good. Keep it clean...keep it simple....
Old 08-03-08, 05:33 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post more higher def pics, great stuff!!!
Old 08-03-08, 07:11 PM
Lexist7
Driver School Candidate

Yah I know the pictures suck haha! You guys are gonna have to give me a few weeks to take some more after the kit and springs are on. I've got a full kaminari body kit in the mail as we speak, and over the next two weeks my girlfriends dad and I will be fitting, prepping, primering, sanding, painting, mounting the whole thing ourselves. I'm in between eibach pro kit and hotchkis sway bar/spring kit for the car. any opinions on lowering? Anyway, I'll take some more pics after the car is further along.
Old 08-03-08, 07:12 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like you got a hell of a deal with those rims.
Old 08-03-08, 10:11 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus and congrats on the IS! Love the wheels, with a drop it'll look perfect
Old 08-04-08, 03:10 PM
Lexist7
Driver School Candidate

blahhhhh.......my mechanic says lowering the car isn't safe!? You've gotta be kidding me? He thinks one inch all around might be fine, but is worried I'll be slamming the tops of my tires into the tops of my wheel wells everytime I hit a bump or something.....what a shame. Any input? Keep in mind that I live in northern virginia, one of if not the most heavily contructed areas in the U.S. There are bad and unfinished roads everywhereeeeeeeeeee.

Quick Reply: New IS - NEW RIMS - pics!