IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

GReddy Emanage Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-05, 01:35 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GReddy Emanage Ultimate

Hey IS300 guys, I was checking out the coverage from the meet yesterday and I saw this supercharged IS300 that had his GReddy Emanage Ultimate placed under the engine bay. Whose car is it? I would like to talk to the guy about his tuning and whether or not he had issues with the injector pulse/maps. Thanks!

Old 08-14-05, 02:05 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotiq
Hey IS300 guys, I was checking out the coverage from the meet yesterday and I saw this supercharged IS300 that had his GReddy Emanage Ultimate placed under the engine bay. Whose car is it? I would like to talk to the guy about his tuning and whether or not he had issues with the injector pulse/maps. Thanks!

That car belongs to IndigoGirl who is the wife of member RMMGS4.
Old 08-14-05, 05:13 PM
fstrnldr
Driver

I don't think thats an ultimate for two reasons ....

one the center sticker isn't one from an ultimate
two i know in the thread showing the install was the older blue

If you have questions about the ultimate, feel free to ask, i have had one in my IS for a while now, and you can read about my problems, and lack of problems both on my shops website .... http://www.transonicracinginnovation...opic.php?t=217

and on IS300.net http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=260425

Keep in mind that my IS isn't boosted yet, but i have had very good luck w/ the ultimate on the IS so far. I have started tuning a couple other boosted cars on the ultimate though. Let me know if i can help.

and i do love her car... i just read the 29 page thread the other day on it .. very clean work!
Old 08-14-05, 07:16 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fstrnldr
I don't think thats an ultimate for two reasons ....

one the center sticker isn't one from an ultimate
two i know in the thread showing the install was the older blue

If you have questions about the ultimate, feel free to ask, i have had one in my IS for a while now, and you can read about my problems, and lack of problems both on my shops website .... http://www.transonicracinginnovation...opic.php?t=217

and on IS300.net http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=260425

Keep in mind that my IS isn't boosted yet, but i have had very good luck w/ the ultimate on the IS so far. I have started tuning a couple other boosted cars on the ultimate though. Let me know if i can help.

and i do love her car... i just read the 29 page thread the other day on it .. very clean work!
Thanks for the help bro. I will definitely check out your threads on the Ultimate. The guys who are boosting are currently hitting some problems with injector mapping. Some kind of firmware problem. I am very close to selling my ultimate and going with another set up.
Old 08-15-05, 07:24 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

see i have heard that from someone w/ a 1JZ MKIII Supra, but he said he only had problems above 14lbs. What kind of problems are you guys having? ... and what set up are you running? the cars i have been working w/ this on are:

02 IS300 NA
96 Civic SOHC AUTO Turbo
2003(ish?) Mazdaspeed protege turbo
and soon a 1995 3000GT VR-4

the IS has been the easiest of the bunch so far, but of course i expected it to be since i wasn't trying to tune bigger injectors or anything like that.

The Protege was the second car, and came to a halt very quickly when we couldn't use half of the features because we had no setting for the MAF or cam/ crank w/ it.

Civic it seems to be working very well in this application, but he has had so many other problems (built the car himself or someone other than us built it) that we have had to sort out the emanage is the easiest part here. i have only pushed it to 13lbs so far though. also i have gone back to stock injectors in it, and have been using his secondaries more so.

I would like to hear more about the problems people are having w/ this, i think it could be a very nice "piggy back" once all of the problems are sorted out w/ it, just seems like GReddy may have released it a little sooner than they should have.
Old 08-15-05, 08:46 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

My setup is this:

1995 Soarer 1JZGTE

GReddy T78 Turbo kit including 3" downpipe connected to 3" exhaust
GReddy 1.4 mm metal headgasket
Sard FPR
Sard 800cc high impedence
Walbro 255 LPH pump

Thing is that I have not installed the GReddy Ultimate due to problems that other ppl are having right now. I am very hesitent on it actually. I want to be able to tune my car up to 24 psi without having map programming issues.
Old 08-15-05, 09:41 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

Hmmm ..... i will of course know more next week after the new turbo set up is in the VR4 and we are dialing that in, but i'm still wondering what problems people are running into ... do you have any links etc to people describing these problems.
Old 08-15-05, 09:58 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fstrnldr
Hmmm ..... i will of course know more next week after the new turbo set up is in the VR4 and we are dialing that in, but i'm still wondering what problems people are running into ... do you have any links etc to people describing these problems.
check out this thread over at the supra forums. The MKIII 1JZ guys:

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301070

There is a problem with the injectors on it. I'm having problems of it breaking up at 14 psi. I was talking to Mohd (the guy i bought it from) and he is having the same problem. He's supposed to be calling Japan and talking with them about the problem, hopfully they'll have a new firmware that'll come out to fix it soon..
and

The injector duty cycle jumps all over the place.. goes from ~75% or so to 100% then down to 40% up to 100% to 0% to 20% all in less then a second... Its not just the output duty, its also the input duty... So something in th emanage isn't working right... They said its just a firmware problem, and I guess they wern't aware of it. Hopfully soon itll be fixed though. its just an overpirced afc without it :/
Old 08-15-05, 11:20 PM
fstrnldr
Driver

Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.
if i ever was registered for it, i'm not now ... .. kinda sad since i have a MKIII, and have had one for like 9 years now lol ....

anyway my civic hits the dyno tomorrow, right now its at 13 PSI, but i will probabbly push it farther tomorrow when i am on the dyno w/ the dying auto tranny, rather than on the street. i wonder if this is just something w/ the toyota thing or w/ the just the 1JZ, or if everybody is having this problem. I have had some issues w/ the ignition timing tracking getting crazy on the Honda, but it hasn't effected the way it runs, and you can see w/ out boost on my IS the injectors track perfect.
Old 08-16-05, 07:56 AM
fstrnldr
Driver

My other question is ... what settings are people using? the one thing that stands out on the 1JZ from the supra is that it's set up for batch fire injectors, and a different crank angle sensor setting than the later 1jz's and the turbo 2jz's. I know i am running the 2JZGTE (VVTi) setting on my IS well it started that way then defaulted to the 1MZ-fe when i changed the ignition over to wasted spark. I just heard back from an eclipse owner that is boosting 22PSI on his w/ out problems, so it almost has to be specific to the 1JZ. I am wonder what setting people are using and have any of them changed to a sequential injection like you can w/ the ultimate.