IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

I might give up my IS for a Celica GT--read why

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-01, 04:09 PM
Wing Zero

Looks like I'm going to have to re-finance the car now. I was just about to do the deal on the honda but the sales manager said that there was a problem. Lexus is offering another rebate on the car and now mine is worth alot less than what it was just a few days ago. I owe more than what my car is worth.

So it was either sell it privately and hope to get as much as I can or re-finance. I went to the lexus dealership where I got it and they say they can make it happen. I don't have to give any money down but I will anyway just to get the payments as low as possible.

I'm looking at $860/mth, which I can afford, I'm just going to have cut back on some other expenses right now. I'm kinda happy though because I can keep my IS300, and none of the other cars I was looking at could compare to it and I don't think I would have been happy driving one of those other cars. Plus if I were to get a higher paying job soon I would be kicking myself for not keeping the IS.
As for moving out, well, the way I see it I won't be moving out until I had a better job anyway. I'll just put up with dad a little while longer and just re-finance so that I am making the payments and he can't tell me what to do.
Old 07-23-01, 12:18 AM
Francis K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default okay okay okay

i have to get in on this. I'm chaldean, i come from an ethnic family as well. I have this girl that changed my life completely that I loved with all my heart and soul and my dad never met her because that was not our style but that doesn't matter anymore cause she broke my heart. Anyway, I know all these people who live in a huge house and drive expensive cars but they don't even have money to feed themselves and there in great debt. You can't do that to your dad, be humble a little. Your making good cash from what you say, you have a car that people are willing to kill for, you have a girlfriend that you care for, a family that wants good for you (masters degree) and a roof over your head. There isn't much left, cheer up!

P.S. it might have been to late for me to make these comments but i had to get them in anyway, because I care about my ClubLex people!

Old 07-23-01, 08:18 AM
SeattleSheila
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you found some kind of solution. That sounds like a lot of money...it's a little better when converted to US$....but it's still more than I'm paying. Good luck on landing a better job. That will be the big help. Have patience! Life is ever-changing.
Old 07-26-01, 12:31 AM
ari1856

Default I would look for a better paying job

In my experience a better paying job is just looking and being confident. Work your way up to something big, and if your job does not allow for that. look for one that that does. In a year or two you will be moving out with your IS!