IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

2001 lexus is300 white led interior kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-14, 11:41 PM
Stephen92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2001 lexus is300 white led interior kit

First off I am new here, so hey! I just need some led help...

I am looking and looking everywhere for the exact fitment of a full interior led kit. I got some off of amazon and the map light is not like the original nor the dome light, when set to door mode on the dome light you can see the led is slightly on, not noticable during day. But at night its a very low light emitting. Tried multiple leds only thing i can assume is that its the wrong bulb type.

If anyone can get me the exact led bulbs for the dome and map light. I would be very greatful. The doors and license plates are fine.

I would also like the glove box and vanity mirror lights as well if anyone knows. Thanks a bunch.
Old 10-11-14, 12:13 AM
AiRuss
Driver School Candidate

Stephen92, check this site out. At quick glance I did not see link for 2001. Take a closer look or contact them directly. I am sure some members will chime in soon. Good Luck!

http://www.modifiedlife.com/lexus-re...b-size-charts/
Old 10-11-14, 10:04 AM
ISaL3X
Rookie

I swapped all the lights to LED like 2 years ago and all still work. The amazon kit worked for me, had one extra bulb because I needed one for the map light (if no sunroof then you use both). I do agree about the dome light still working when you lock the car... I have the same issue but so far no problems (and not enough to drain the battery) but I would look for an alternative. I had no problems with it after two years lol. For glove box I think I used a #74 bulb, same that went into cluster.
I feel like any LED bulb will remain slightly lit for the dome unless you find the right resistor... hopefully someone on here can help. Good luck!
Old 10-11-14, 10:07 AM
Stephen92
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISaL3X
I swapped all the lights to LED like 2 years ago and all still work. The amazon kit worked for me, had one extra bulb because I needed one for the map light (if no sunroof then you use both). I do agree about the dome light still working when you lock the car... I have the same issue but so far no problems (and not enough to drain the battery) but I would look for an alternative. I had no problems with it after two years lol. For glove box I think I used a #74 bulb, same that went into cluster.
I feel like any LED bulb will remain slightly lit for the dome unless you find the right resistor... hopefully someone on here can help. Good luck!
So glad to hear im not the only one with the dome issue loi, I was expecting someone to say theres an electrical issue. The kit that received from amazon did not have the correct bulb for the map light. It had 2 tips instead of the screw on one. If anyone has a link to a direct fit kit that would be great.
Old 10-13-14, 07:52 AM
ISaL3X
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stephen92
So glad to hear im not the only one with the dome issue loi, I was expecting someone to say theres an electrical issue. The kit that received from amazon did not have the correct bulb for the map light. It had 2 tips instead of the screw on one. If anyone has a link to a direct fit kit that would be great.
Nope, I also got the amazon kit and had that issue... very very dim but clearly lit. Mine was literally plug and play. I bought this
Amazon.com: Lexus IS300 White Interior LED Package (6 Pieces): Automotive Amazon.com: Lexus IS300 White Interior LED Package (6 Pieces): Automotive
back in 2012 lmao. I'm really not sure though what is causing it to do that (maybe many just don't pay attention).