Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

How Long For Special Order RX450h From Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-15, 05:33 AM
rxgs2011
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Ordering a 2015 RX450h from Beginning to End

Originally Posted by Plumlaker
Would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has special ordered an RX450h from Japan. I would mainly like to know how long it was from the time the order was placed until you took delivery of the vehicle. Additionally if you would like to provide any info about the process you experienced from the dealer that would be great too- things like were you provided any updates on your order status. Thanks for the input!
Sat with a salesman in Alexandria, Virginia U.S.A., on the afternoon of April 7th, 2015 to custom order a new 2015 Lexus RX450h. The paper order was signed that day, and $1,000 dollar deposit placed with the order.
The salesman informed me that orders were processed by the local dealerships contact person, and electronically sent to Lexus on a, once a month schedule. Received confirmation on April 28th that my order was sent electronically to Lexus that day. Received confirmation June 1st that my car was scheduled to be built, but no date for manufacturing. Tuesday June 30th received confirmation that my car had been built over the weekend of June 25th or 26th, and would be scheduled for shipment soon. Received notice Friday July 31st that my vehicle would be arriving at port in New York the week of August 7th, and could take up to 10 days to get to Virginia by truck. Was informed Thursday August 13th that the car had arrived and I could take delivery Friday August 14th. Can report the vehicle is absolutely perfect! Exactly the car I wanted, with the color and equipment I desired. 17 week 3 day wait for perfection, built in the Kyushu plant in Japan. Details: Starfire Pearl/Parchment, Luxury PKG, Comfort Pkg, Navigation, Park assist, H.U.D., Radar Cruise, Mark Levinson, Blind Spot Monitoring, L.E.D. headlamps, A/C outlet. Didn't want the rear seat entertainment. I'll be sitting in the front seat! Won't be towing a trailer! Love the car. Replaces a 2010 RX450h same colors.
Old 09-02-15, 08:58 PM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we ordered our 15 450h last October, it came from Canada. At first they said it would come from Japan, but when we found out it was coming from Canada, our dealer said they no longer build the 450h's in Japan. Guess they were wrong.
Old 09-03-15, 10:14 AM
rxgs2011
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SeventyGTX
When we ordered our 15 450h last October, it came from Canada. At first they said it would come from Japan, but when we found out it was coming from Canada, our dealer said they no longer build the 450h's in Japan. Guess they were wrong.
I had read that the Canadian Lexus assembly plant would be starting to produce the hybrid version of the RX sometime soon, but I had not heard that the production had begun. Formerly only the RX350 was produced in Canada. I guess your vehicle, made in Canada, verifies that Canadian production of the RX450h has indeed begun. I wonder if those cars made in Canada have equal or better quality. I can report my Japanese made RX450h is absolutely perfect. Not one seam or feature out of place. No technical issues at all. I have only put 400 miles on the car in the three short weeks I have owned this car, but I can report I only had one single problem with my 2010 RX450h. The heat recovery system that extracts heat from the exhaust system sprung a leak in the second year I owned the car. The coolant was leaking inside the exhaust system, so there was no evidence of the leak. The water was vaporized by the heat inside the exhaust system and left the tailpipe as vapor. I never saw it. I only knew there was a problem when the air conditioning got progressively colder every time the engine shut down. The low water level in the radiator did not allow the electric water pump, that feeds warm coolant to the heat exchanger for passenger heat, to have enough water. The A/C got very cold every time the engine shut down. Then when the engine started there was heat again, while the engine stayed normal temperature. The warranty repair went well, with only a day to fix. The technicians told me I shouldn't ever have a problem with that again. I don't know if my cars problem was fixed with a new designed part or not. I never had any other problems. Just traded the car in for my NEW 2015 model after 51,000 miles of pleasure driving the 2010 450h. What a wonderful car, the RX450h.
Has anyone ever heard of anyone else having a leak in the heat recovery system of the hybrid RX? Maybe mine, an early 2010, was the only one. I'm assuming after 6 model years, if there was an issue, it has long since been fixed. I noticed the redesign of the gas pedal and drivers floor mat anchor clips on the 2015, to address the fools who claimed the gas pedal got stuck. I've never understood why someone wouldn't just slip the car into neutral and slow down to a stop, instead of letting the car race forward into disaster.
Old 09-04-15, 02:27 PM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, ours has a 10/14 production date and says Made in Canada. We got it in early December and it has had a whooping 3,800 miles put on it in nine months. At this rate it will be another two years before it needs its first oil change.........lol.