Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Matador red plus parchment interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 11:28 AM
Redthumb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matador red plus parchment interior

My dealer has a 2010 RX450h that is equipped the way I want it but it has parchment interior. I could probably love the red but I'm scared of the parchment leather showing dirt and abuse. I'd like to hear from anyone who has a parchment interior if this is a bad idea for a "utility" vehicle.
Old 02-02-10, 04:11 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Redthumb
My dealer has a 2010 RX450h that is equipped the way I want it but it has parchment interior. I could probably love the red but I'm scared of the parchment leather showing dirt and abuse. I'd like to hear from anyone who has a parchment interior if this is a bad idea for a "utility" vehicle.
It's what I have in my Starfire Pearl and very similar to my 03 RX. No problems at all. Easy on the eyes.
Old 02-02-10, 05:27 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

parchment leather does get dirty easier, but I like the look much better than gray. Black was my first, but not available for white ext. at least not in the States.
Old 02-02-10, 07:34 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I love the two tone parchment interior. but I would not get it because I do not condition nor clean by leather seats often, and over time, it can get really horrible. You will begin to noice creases in the left thigh support over time (from sliding in and out of the driver's seat) and these creases will attract dirt, so that it will look like you have black lines of dirt.

Black leather just hides everything well.

with that said, if you regularly clean and condition your leather, you should be fine.
Old 02-02-10, 09:37 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I absolutely could not live with an ivory parchment interior. I had a beige interior exactly ONCE on my first car, and it was destroyed by the time I sold it, no matter how much I cleaned.

So I ordered the Matador Red exterior with the black interior. I'm very pleased.

Sandi
Old 02-03-10, 05:12 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
I absolutely could not live with an ivory parchment interior. I had a beige interior exactly ONCE on my first car, and it was destroyed by the time I sold it, no matter how much I cleaned.

So I ordered the Matador Red exterior with the black interior. I'm very pleased.

Sandi
Me too. I sat in the 'yellow' (I call it) interior and just couldn't see myself driving to work looking at that. You'll get sick of it. It will eventually look tired.
I also went with the black. Much classier. Awesome colors, the red and black. Sit it in for awhile and picture, day after day of that color.
Old 02-03-10, 06:58 AM
sleepysurf
Driver

I beg to differ! I have been driving my Black RX300, with tan interior, for 10 yrs, and while the tan leather has "aged" with wrinkles, some dirt, etc, it STILL looks great overall. I only clean it once a year. I live in Florida, and didn't want black leather, so I just ordered a Matador Red 450h with the Parchment interior! I expect it to hold up just as well as in my RX300!
Old 02-03-10, 11:58 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Redthumb, the best way to tell how the interior will look is to check out at a loaner/test drive car at the dealer. See how it held up to numerous people in and out with their dirty shoes and 'I don't care' attitude (not me!). It'll show what wears and scuffs up easily. Good luck.

(I have the black interior, by the way)

Last edited by kitlz; 02-03-10 at 11:59 AM. Reason: more info
Old 02-03-10, 02:52 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Here's a pic of my 10+ yr old tan leather drivers seat. The exterior wear and tear is much worse!
Attached Thumbnails Matador red plus parchment interior-tanleather-small-.jpg  
Old 02-03-10, 03:38 PM
RXSF

While the above picture isnt that bad, you obviously can see some black areas. A black interior would fix this problem instantly.

also be aware that with the new leather leather seats, your jeans will bleed onto them.
Old 02-03-10, 07:09 PM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by RXSF
While the above picture isnt that bad, you obviously can see some black areas. A black interior would fix this problem instantly.

also be aware that with the new leather leather seats, your jeans will bleed onto them.
I'm retired and except for Sunday mornings, I wear jeans nearly 100% of the time. Either Lee or Levi's. Not one hint of bleeding so you're either wrong or wear inferior jeans.

BTW, the photo from Sleepysurf's car showed pretty much the same condition of interior as my 03RX w/beige interior. It held up well. That's why I chose parchment. Not nearly as hot as dark colors. When necessary, I cleaned it and it returned to normal.
Old 02-03-10, 09:02 PM
RXSF

Im not speaking from personal experience with the jeans, but many people on this forum face this problem. I just avoid all issues by buying a black interior car. For all I know, my jeans are bleeding onto my seats, but I wouldnt know it.

these are just some pictures from other users on here:

Old 02-04-10, 04:17 AM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by RXSF
Im not speaking from personal experience with the jeans, but many people on this forum face this problem. I just avoid all issues by buying a black interior car. For all I know, my jeans are bleeding onto my seats, but I wouldnt know it.

these are just some pictures from other users on here:

Judging from the photos alone I'm thinking they weren't too picky about where or who they bought clothes from. And can you imagine what their home furniture looked like after the staining ??? Not to mention their underwear
Old 02-05-10, 05:07 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I drove an HS250h loaner today with the parchment interior. It had 5,350 miles on the odometer since it was added to their fleet in November. And it was showing the normal wear and tear by people who really could give, well, you know what. Unless you're **** or buy the right jeans like Jim said, this is what can happen.

I can imagine how much worse it could be if our butts weren't covered by jackets because of the cold
Attached Thumbnails Matador red plus parchment interior-get-attachment-4.aspx.jpg   Matador red plus parchment interior-get-attachment-5.aspx.jpg  
Old 02-05-10, 06:22 PM
Redthumb
Driver School Candidate

Wow, great feedback here!! I didn't realize there were so many replies as I didn't get email notifications.

As it turns out, the matador red / parchment hybrid isn't at the dealer and it's not AWD so I'm looking for another candidate. I'll post update in a new thread.