HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lexus HS250h

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-09, 01:15 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Argelius
Evidently you cant even select individual ipod songs while the car is in motion.
Seriously? Wow. These types of things would definately deter me from buying the car.

This leaves crashing on purpose as the only way to stop a really bad/annoying song.
Old 08-19-09, 01:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faymester
This leaves crashing on purpose as the only way to stop a really bad/annoying song.
You can simply press a button for the next song, or switch playlist. Easy as pie.
Old 08-19-09, 01:46 PM
LexFather

I missed a preview event at my dealer......could be something the G/F might like...she thinks it looks okay in pics... She already loves the IS and ES, funny there will be 3 choices at around the same price!
Old 08-19-09, 04:20 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Wow $41k car for something that looks like across between Yaris and Echo. Yuck!
Old 08-19-09, 05:50 PM
aceyou
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the car reminds me of the old infiniti g20 and a stretched, elongated toyota echo (as someone mentioned).
Old 08-19-09, 08:48 PM
CurryPot
Driver

Went to the launch at Lexus of Seattle on Monday. They had three of them there, two of them were driven up from California - west coast launch stopping off at dealers.

The cars were fully loaded with every option. And that takes you to $45k.

I got the impression that there will be no base models available and in the NW the two configurations would be the 39K and 45k option - ouch

No test drive at this time.

It looks better in person. Trunk space is good but seats do not fold down. FYI, I am a previous Prius owner and I really like the folding down seats. Miss that in the IS.

I regret to say that I think Lexus is going to score another miss with this hybrid unless people really want the badge. It's just too expensive. Oh, the front is a Ford Fusion and the back looks like a Subaru Impreza. That comment did not go down too well.

The technology with the HUD etc is impressive but I could have enough tech toys in the Fusion Hybrid or the 2010 Prius for 13k less.

If the fully loaded came in at 38k I would consider it.
Old 08-19-09, 09:57 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just saw an HS250h with 19" F-Sport wheels. NICE!!!
Old 08-19-09, 10:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by CurryPot
Went to the launch at Lexus of Seattle on Monday. They had three of them there, two of them were driven up from California - west coast launch stopping off at dealers.

The cars were fully loaded with every option. And that takes you to $45k.

I got the impression that there will be no base models available and in the NW the two configurations would be the 39K and 45k option - ouch

No test drive at this time.

It looks better in person. Trunk space is good but seats do not fold down. FYI, I am a previous Prius owner and I really like the folding down seats. Miss that in the IS.

I regret to say that I think Lexus is going to score another miss with this hybrid unless people really want the badge. It's just too expensive. Oh, the front is a Ford Fusion and the back looks like a Subaru Impreza. That comment did not go down too well.

The technology with the HUD etc is impressive but I could have enough tech toys in the Fusion Hybrid or the 2010 Prius for 13k less.

A HS250h Premium (18" wheels) NAV and etc MSRP's at 39k. I think it's a great bargain for what you get.

Fusion hybrid is nice, but it doesn't have a warranty to match...and does not have a loaner car available during a service visit. Just a few things to ponder.
Old 08-19-09, 10:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I just saw an HS250h with 19" F-Sport wheels. NICE!!!
Man, pics! pics! pics!
Old 08-20-09, 06:57 AM
LexFather

Yes pics Phil!
Old 08-20-09, 08:23 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CurryPot

In fairness, I haven't driven the Fusion but at least on paper there's an awful lot of technology (HUD, remote touch, etc.) available on the HS that isn't available on the Ford.

I have driven the new Prius and there's a huge difference in the way the HS and the Prius drive. From acceleration, to handling, and solidity. The Lexus feels like it's worth every penny more than the Prius. That being said, if ultimate MPG is your goal then it's no contest.

Personally, I can't get comfortable behind the wheel of the Prius. The driving position is too weird and the visibility out absolutely blows. The idea of 50mpg is extremely, extremely tempting but not if I can't even get comfortable behind the wheel.
Old 08-20-09, 09:23 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

FYI My Audi A4's iPod integration is quite good. You can scroll through lists based on Genre, Artist, Album, Songs & Playlists. Within each of those categories you can scroll continuously (it doesn't start playing any song until you select it). You can't search by letter, but the speed of scrolling speeds up with repeated turning of the **** so you can get to the middle or end of the list faster.

http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/32031692-2-440-DT3.jpg

http://ucarmagazine.com/wp-content/u...mmi4_media.jpg

And the song title is also displayed between the speedometer and tach (there's a secondary LCD display there).

All of this wasn't meant to praise Audi and bash Lexus, but just to say Lexus has really fallen behind the curve on this one.

(Same to be said of the Nav system. Here's a snapshot of Audi's current eye candy)
Old 08-20-09, 10:08 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by flipside909
Man, pics! pics! pics!
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yes pics Phil!
I was on my motorcycle when I saw it. No pics available...
Old 08-21-09, 11:06 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

I just came across this. Notice Lexus isn't in the list (but Ford and Kia are!)

The Five Best Connected Auto Brands
Old 08-21-09, 11:53 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by Argelius
I just came across this. Notice Lexus isn't in the list (but Ford and Kia are!)

Yeah, that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread...

Quick Reply: Lexus HS250h