HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Chronic Alignment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-14, 03:25 PM
charly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chronic Alignment Issues

My HS250 has gone through almost two full sets of tires and only has 40K miles. This current set, which I'm about to replace has abnormal tire wear. The inside shoulder is severely worn which suggests an alignment issue, however I got the car aligned immeadiately after the installation of the current tires and again 3 weeks ago after hitting some road kill. I took the car to the dealer this week to have them reinspect the suspension arm due to the recall, because I suspected it might have something to do with my tires wearing prematurely. They checked the alignment and sure enough the toe was out of alignment AGAIN after only 3 weeks. I've compared the three alignment reports I've gotten in the last 15 months, and it seems my toe has been the issue each time. So despite getting alignments and getting the rotations done on schedule, I'm having to replace my tires once again. I'm not hitting any potholes or curbs, don't drive on unpaved roads, so what gives? I don't feel any pulling or shaking when driving the car even when it's apparantly out of alignment, so I'm at a loss on how to prevent making the same mistake on this third set of tires. Anyone else have an issue with their HS250 having chronic alignment issues? Could this have anything to do with the suspension arm recall even if the dealer says it's fine?
Old 01-16-14, 05:16 PM
Engineer
Driver School Candidate

Just to be clear, were all of the alignments done at the same place?
Old 01-17-14, 09:02 AM
charly
Driver School Candidate

No, the first one was done at a shop Discount Tire recommended, the second one was done out of town because I hit some roadkill while on a roadtrip and knew it would need an alignment, and the third was done at the dealership. Crazy thing is, the one at the dealership was only three weeks after the out of town one. I was very surprised when the dealer told me my car was out of alignment again because I had JUST gotten one done three weeks prior and had done very little driving in that time. I've gotten the digital reports each time I've had it done and every time it's my toe that is the issue.