GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Driver Support Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-14, 07:29 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't see any games from what your explained, all truth. Dealer is telling you the truth about how they sell their vehicles. I know the same about GM, Northeast dealers won't stock the "Texas" edition, or whatever it used to be called because nobody wants then up here but in Texas they move. Just because you can't get what you want, when you want it, don't be mad at the dealer, find or order what you want, buy it from a dealer and have them ship it to your home, really not a big deal. Patients.
Old 09-24-14, 08:43 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Are you kidding me? Have you EVER gone to Lexus.com and build one yourself?

Do it. Go build one yourself THEN there is a link called "Vehicle Inventory" on the summary page. Click there and it will take you to http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/ which has filtered your vehicle already (or you can go there directly). I saw at least 20 Luxury (msrp $67k +) from there. Tell your dealer to find the one(s) listed on that list.

The WORST case is a NO. Good luck.
Old 09-24-14, 08:49 AM
redbrick
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hang in there and wait if you can... this car is worth it. One would think there's a "car waiting anonymous" group for these situations.... made me itch just thinking about it.
Old 11-03-15, 03:41 PM
YashK
Driver School Candidate

Default Camera in front of rear view mirror

Hi I have a 2010 Lexus GX 460 and I've noticed something that looks like a camera on the rear view mirror. When you look at it from the front of the car you can see it. Here is a picture. If anyone knows what this is please let me know. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Driver Support Package-img_5607.jpg   Driver Support Package-img_5608.jpg   Driver Support Package-img_5609.jpg  
Old 11-05-15, 12:36 PM
jaleels
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That is part of the lane departure alert system. The camera reads the white stripes in the road, and when the system is activated it will notify you.
Old 11-05-15, 05:28 PM
YashK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jaleels
That is part of the lane departure alert system. The camera reads the white stripes in the road, and when the system is activated it will notify you.
How do you activate this?
Old 11-05-15, 05:48 PM
jaleels
Pit Crew

When you engage the cruise control there is a button on the steering wheel on the right-hand side that says LDA. Two white lines on the either side of the vehicle in the display will illuminate.

Last edited by jaleels; 11-05-15 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-05-15, 05:55 PM
jaleels
Pit Crew

Old 11-05-15, 06:20 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by YashK
Hi I have a 2010 Lexus GX 460 and I've noticed something that looks like a camera on the rear view mirror. When you look at it from the front of the car you can see it. Here is a picture. If anyone knows what this is please let me know. Thanks.
That's the auto high beam headlamp camera. The Lane Departure Alert Camera is higher up to driver's side of the rain sensor on the windshield. See picture. The LDA camera is at the roof line.

Randy B
Attached Thumbnails Driver Support Package-forumrunner_20151105_212002.png  
Old 12-29-15, 06:25 AM
Lou19
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2016 Luxury Driver Support Questions

Just picked up my new GX Luxury with driver support, have a couple questions:

1. Can someone explain what the "3" & "2" icons actually do when viewing the front and side cameras? I actually get 3 views with the 2 icon activated. (front, side, & close front curb)
2. Can the rear camera been seen with the front & side?
3. Nav icon is jumping all over the screen when I first start driving, any fix for this?

Thanks in advance,
Lou
Old 12-29-15, 07:33 AM
bodagetta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lou19
Just picked up my new GX Luxury with driver support, have a couple questions:

1. Can someone explain what the "3" & "2" icons actually do when viewing the front and side cameras? I actually get 3 views with the 2 icon activated. (front, side, & close front curb)
2. Can the rear camera been seen with the front & side?
3. Nav icon is jumping all over the screen when I first start driving, any fix for this?

Thanks in advance,
Lou
I don't have scientific answers for you, but I can possibly provide some guidance based on my wife's 2015 with driver support (also, I don't believe any of your questions are specific to the driver support package so you may want to drop that from your title so more people will read / comment):

1. It just changes the views as you noted. I may have these backwards, but I believe what the difference is if you put it in 3, you can toggle into a wide-view camera angle by pressing the front camera button again (while it is still active). The first screen it takes you to is always the same regardless of which mode it's in. Browse around 290-320 in your manual for the info on all the camera features.

2. Not sure I understand that question so I can't really provide any help there. If you're asking if you can put both the front and back camera on the display at the same time, no, I do not believe you can.

3. You may have a faulty GPS. There's actually a Lexus service technical service bulletin (I believe that's what they are called) on this issue for 2014-2015 models. We had a similar issue and our dealer just ran a firmware update pursuant to that bulletin about a month ago and we haven't had any issues since. If it does persist, she said they're told to just swap out the entire GPS unit under warranty so it's no big deal either way, but I would go ahead and mention that to your dealer and see if they can run that for you soon to see if it takes care of the issue. I've got the actual service bulletin number in the glovebox of my wife's car that I can get later this evening if they're not familiar with what I'm talking about.

Hope that helps a little and enjoy the truck! These things are great!
Old 07-28-17, 04:10 PM
aniladitya
Driver School Candidate

Default Driver Support Package

Hello Fellow Gx'ers

Just purchased a 17 GX with premium package. I am interested in getting a Driver support package. Do dealers do this as a post purchase installation?

Cheers!
Old 07-28-17, 04:22 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,332 Posts

IMO: This would be a hugely cost prohibitive upgrade. I imagine parts and labor alone to make it happen might be 2-3x the factory cost of package. Not likely to find a dealer who would undertake. In years of past it's like retrofitting a nav system into a car that didn't have it. I'm looking into options to add crawl control but I think parts alone will run $1500-$2k for that feature alone. Appears I would need a new master cylinder and BCM.

Of course... with enough money anything can be made to work. Even with it being a new '17 It would probably be cheaper to trade up for one with package.
Old 07-29-17, 07:06 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by aniladitya
Hello Fellow Gx'ers

Just purchased a 17 GX with premium package. I am interested in getting a Driver support package. Do dealers do this as a post purchase installation?

Cheers!
Its a special order option with Luxury model. Not a dealer installed option.
Old 12-03-17, 02:17 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,332 Posts
Default Driver Support Package

I wonder if they will start to trickle this one down to Premium model once current model is in the final model year or two? It brings a lot of modern features to the table even if some are dated at this point like a lack of full speed adaptive cruise. I have a similar adaptive cruise in my old '07 G35x that doesn't work below 20MPH or so.... on the Infiniti line it dates back even further to the '02 Q45.

Last edited by Acrad; 12-03-17 at 04:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Driver Support Package