GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Guess this is good bye Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-13, 04:09 PM
Skiime
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Guess this is good bye Lexus

So I just got back from the dealer...they have a silver and a grey GX on the lot. I was so looking forward to the new design, but I am completely disappointed. Talk about getting hit with a snaggletooth ugly stick! I love the look of the front of the LX, but Lexus went waaaay overboard with the new GX grill, I just can't get over how out of proportioned it looks. I certainly had no intention of bashing Lexus in any way, but I feel like I just lost my only choice for a mid size true off road SUV. First they ruined the 4runner and now this. I guess it's time to start saving for the Land Cruiser now. I'm sorry to be so negative, but I have been waiting to buy for the last year or so hoping the redesign would be as great looking as the other Lexus models, but I feel completely let down by Lexus. Thanks for all the info this forum has given me...I guess I'll be reluctantly moving on.
Old 10-05-13, 04:13 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you saying it's actually looks worse in person than on pictures?

I agree it was much better integrated in the LX - LX did not get this huge sticking out nose as a result!
Old 10-05-13, 06:39 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Wow I am surprised you feel this way, it looks like a mini LX from the pics. Does it look that much different in person?
Old 10-05-13, 06:48 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Skiime
So I just got back from the dealer...they have a silver and a grey GX on the lot. I was so looking forward to the new design, but I am completely disappointed. Talk about getting hit with a snaggletooth ugly stick! I love the look of the front of the LX, but Lexus went waaaay overboard with the new GX grill, I just can't get over how out of proportioned it looks. I certainly had no intention of bashing Lexus in any way, but I feel like I just lost my only choice for a mid size true off road SUV. First they ruined the 4runner and now this. I guess it's time to start saving for the Land Cruiser now. I'm sorry to be so negative, but I have been waiting to buy for the last year or so hoping the redesign would be as great looking as the other Lexus models, but I feel completely let down by Lexus. Thanks for all the info this forum has given me...I guess I'll be reluctantly moving on.

I guess getting a 13 is out?
Old 10-05-13, 07:10 PM
FrigginFGO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR
I guess getting a 13 is out?
Yeah, you didn't like the 2010-2013s?
Old 10-07-13, 06:28 AM
Skiime
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I really thought it would look better in person, but there's just something that doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but maybe it's one of those things that grows on you in time. The grill hangs really low and just looks kind of awkward. Please don't think I'm bashing, I'm really just more disappointed. I wouldn't say a '13 is completely out, but if I'm going to buy a new car, I'd like it to be the current model. I only spent a few minutes looking at it, so I'll give it a test drive this week and see if I feel any differently.
Old 10-07-13, 09:10 AM
FrigginFGO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skiime
Yeah, I really thought it would look better in person, but there's just something that doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but maybe it's one of those things that grows on you in time. The grill hangs really low and just looks kind of awkward. Please don't think I'm bashing, I'm really just more disappointed. I wouldn't say a '13 is completely out, but if I'm going to buy a new car, I'd like it to be the current model. I only spent a few minutes looking at it, so I'll give it a test drive this week and see if I feel any differently.
We appreciate your honest opinion. Let is know how it drives.
Old 10-07-13, 09:58 AM
tmldds
Driver School Candidate

Taste is personal and you should not apologize for it. There are "better" looking SUV's out there, but I would rather have a Lexus for the other qualities. There are no perfect vehicles, just settle for what satisfy you the most. Mine is supposed to arrive early this week and I cannot wait.
Old 10-07-13, 10:13 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I have not seen one yet in person but the picture that was just posted recently did make me wonder if they did go a little too far with the grill.

Koz
Old 10-07-13, 10:17 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tmldds
Taste is personal and you should not apologize for it. There are "better" looking SUV's out there, but I would rather have a Lexus for the other qualities. There are no perfect vehicles, just settle for what satisfy you the most. Mine is supposed to arrive early this week and I cannot wait.
Please take some pictures and I'm also curious what tires come on it. I hope mine comes with Michelins. If not, I'm going to have them swapped out. Mine should arrive by the middle of the month. They have to send my wheels out to be chrome plated and that's a 2 week turnaround, so I should have mine by the end of the month. What color and options? Mine is silver/black luxury with Mark Levinson.
Old 10-07-13, 11:29 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Though I bet the redesigned LX will come out with the same aggressive outlook in a couple years from now.
Old 10-07-13, 12:37 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Even though the GX is polarizing, nothing could get me out of the Toyota stable of products. So its never goodbye for me.
Old 10-07-13, 03:50 PM
tmldds
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Craig B
Please take some pictures and I'm also curious what tires come on it. I hope mine comes with Michelins. If not, I'm going to have them swapped out. Mine should arrive by the middle of the month. They have to send my wheels out to be chrome plated and that's a 2 week turnaround, so I should have mine by the end of the month. What color and options? Mine is silver/black luxury with Mark Levinson.
Mine is the luxury model with ML and dealer-installed rear-seat DVD's. It is black with sepia. I will post some photos once I have it.
Old 10-07-13, 04:13 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tmldds
Mine is the luxury model with ML and dealer-installed rear-seat DVD's. It is black with sepia. I will post some photos once I have it.
Sounds nice, please post some pictures...