Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Extended warrnaty/ Ext.paint protection

Old 04-09-14, 11:21 AM   #16
Capirato
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Capirato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post

If you want an extended warrranty, check with these people...

Troy Dietrich Greenfield Toyota 413-772-0231

Jerry Johnson Midwest Toyota 1-800-530-5789

They sell the same warranties, I have a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty on mine...
Craig, I just bought from Troy a 7 year/100,000 mile warrantee, as mine was ready to expire.

~ Cap
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
'06 MINI S | Pepper White

Last edited by Capirato; 04-09-14 at 01:06 PM..
Capirato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 12:46 PM   #17
patgilm
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capirato View Post
Craig, is there a difference between the Original and Extended as far as coverage ??

~ Cap
There is a difference, the extended is not a comprehensive as the original warranty but it still covers a lot. For example any trim defects would not be covered under the extended but would be covered under the original warranty. Also remember that any TSBs are not covered after the original warranty so before your warranty is up, take a look at the TSBs and get them fixed if it applies to you. I got a couple TSBs fixed on my LS but didn't get the glove box fixed because I didn't think I had the issue but I do and now it bothers the crap out of me and I am past the original warranty period so they won't fix it.
2013 GTR Premium White/Black
1997 Viper GTS Blue/White Stripes (sold)
patgilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 01:25 PM   #18
Capirato
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgilm View Post

There is a difference, the extended is not a comprehensive as the original warranty but it still covers a lot. For example any trim defects would not be covered under the extended but would be covered under the original warranty. Also remember that any TSBs are not covered after the original warranty so before your warranty is up, take a look at the TSBs and get them fixed if it applies to you. I got a couple TSBs fixed on my LS but didn't get the glove box fixed because I didn't think I had the issue but I do and now it bothers the crap out of me and I am past the original warranty period so they won't fix it.
I guess it makes a difference whether we bought the GOLD or PLATINUM plan. I don't know which one I bought.

~ Cap
Old 04-09-14, 04:00 PM   #19
Craig B

Even the Platinum isn't as comprehensive as the factory bumper to bumper warranty.

2007 LS 460
2014 GX 460 Luxury
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 04:25 PM   #20
SaniDel
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
Even the Platinum isn't as comprehensive as the factory bumper to bumper warranty.
An example of this towing. The original warranty includes towing your disabled Lexus to the nearest dealership, but even the Platinum plan does not cover this. Fortunately, we also are AAA members.
Regards,

SaniDel
SaniDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 11:58 AM   #21
Max707
Lexus Test Driver

I am sure that guys that wear suspenders and a belt to keep their pants from falling down buy extended warranties on Lexus vehicles . If you do some era search you will find that most owner have "no" problems with their Lexus for several hundred thousand miles and if you were one of the small minority that had a problem it would cost less then you paid for the extended warranty. If you go to www.ih8mud.com you will see owners of 100 series Lexus/toyotas that beat on their vehicles off road and have 200-300-400k miles with only normal maintance.
Old 04-10-14, 01:39 PM   #22
Capirato
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max707 View Post

I am sure that guys that wear suspenders and a belt to keep their pants from falling down buy extended warranties on Lexus vehicles . If you do some era search you will find that most owner have "no" problems with their Lexus for several hundred thousand miles and if you were one of the small minority that had a problem it would cost less then you paid for the extended warranty. If you go to www.ih8mud.com you will see owners of 100 series Lexus/toyotas that beat on their vehicles off road and have 200-300-400k miles with only normal maintance.
You're probably right, but I hate to pay for parts and labor if anything goes wrong. With a warrantee I feel that I'm getting the problem fixed for nothing. Its a me thing. I just bought a Lexus 7year/100,000 mile warrantee for $2,039.

~ Cap
Old 04-11-14, 07:01 PM   #23
Kdash106
Pole Position

kdash106
Send a message via AIM to Kdash106 Send a message via Skype™ to Kdash106

I might buy extended warranty later down the road. I did how ever bought unlimited door ding repair, replacement key fob and unlimited oem windshield replacement for 700 bucks. My 2 week old gx already have a chip on the windshield.

Last edited by Kdash106; 04-11-14 at 10:30 PM..
Kdash106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 07:01 PM

Tags
car, club, coverage, extended, johnson, lexus, offered, paint, plastic, protect, protectant, protection, protector, repaint, swirls, warranty, worth