GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New Owner, back to brand

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 03:16 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner, back to brand

Hello Lexus. I'm BACK!!! oh wait. What am I doing in this forum?!?! Oh jeez, I'm back in an SUV!
Sorry, coudln't resist. Well after a a slog away from the brand and into BMW (Shudder) Toyota and Infiniti (as well as Ferrari x5 and Lamborghini and Aston and Audi but that's a different animal all together), I am back to Lexus.
Wife was giving back the Highlander and wanted something similar size but a little more upscale. She HATES flash so wouldn't go near the Benz or the RangeRover. Turned her nose up at the Cayenne and laughed when I suggested the Caddy. Sooooo, GX it is. Great thing is it fits in my garage since it's exactly the same size as the Highlander (an inch or two) and it has the third row. I did take the MDX out for a bit. Ugh, I see how magazines like it because it's definately more sporty but that isn't what I wanted out of this car. This has to be solid and luxurious. If I wanted to throw a car around a bunch of turns or a track, I've got plenty of those. This has to haul kids and groceries and ski stuff and varous sporting goods.
Anyways, as a prior owner of a LS (best car I never loved) an SC430 (just a great car) and a RX400 (hybrid. . . bah) I'm happy to be back.
I will say though, finding this car is an absolute PAIN. The earthquake really made it hard to get these. Right before they went dry I got one pegged for 1k over invoice and almost pulled the trigger. Last week? 6 dealers and the best I could do is 1k under MSRP for one without the options I wanted.
I ended up getting one clear across the country for 59k but with every bell and whistle. Personally, I think what they charge for the DVD player is a rip off but the wife said it was a must for the long trips. Next time I'm going to have one mounted before I bring it home and just say it was OEM.
Glad to be back. I'll be reading through the forum to see if I can't figure out how to change the bulbs. That's usually the first thing I do with new cars.
-trin
-Oh wow, just so my Sig. that needs to be updated
Old 05-10-11, 07:04 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TrinCap
Hello Lexus. I'm BACK!!! oh wait. What am I doing in this forum?!?! Oh jeez, I'm back in an SUV!
Sorry, coudln't resist. Well after a a slog away from the brand and into BMW (Shudder) Toyota and Infiniti (as well as Ferrari x5 and Lamborghini and Aston and Audi but that's a different animal all together), I am back to Lexus.
Wife was giving back the Highlander and wanted something similar size but a little more upscale. She HATES flash so wouldn't go near the Benz or the RangeRover. Turned her nose up at the Cayenne and laughed when I suggested the Caddy. Sooooo, GX it is. Great thing is it fits in my garage since it's exactly the same size as the Highlander (an inch or two) and it has the third row. I did take the MDX out for a bit. Ugh, I see how magazines like it because it's definately more sporty but that isn't what I wanted out of this car. This has to be solid and luxurious. If I wanted to throw a car around a bunch of turns or a track, I've got plenty of those. This has to haul kids and groceries and ski stuff and varous sporting goods.
Anyways, as a prior owner of a LS (best car I never loved) an SC430 (just a great car) and a RX400 (hybrid. . . bah) I'm happy to be back.
I will say though, finding this car is an absolute PAIN. The earthquake really made it hard to get these. Right before they went dry I got one pegged for 1k over invoice and almost pulled the trigger. Last week? 6 dealers and the best I could do is 1k under MSRP for one without the options I wanted.
I ended up getting one clear across the country for 59k but with every bell and whistle. Personally, I think what they charge for the DVD player is a rip off but the wife said it was a must for the long trips. Next time I'm going to have one mounted before I bring it home and just say it was OEM.
Glad to be back. I'll be reading through the forum to see if I can't figure out how to change the bulbs. That's usually the first thing I do with new cars.
-trin
-Oh wow, just so my Sig. that needs to be updated
I have been able to avoid the expensive sports cars through the years by getting sport bikes and putting a little money in them. With approx 185 RWHP I can play with ANY exotic made, including the Veyron. Boy, would I love to meet one on the road (FAT CHANCE!).

Koz