Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Wiper Defroster

Old 12-13-10, 07:53 AM   #1
Koz
Trader Score: (0)

Default Wiper Defroster

I did a little investigating and found out that the windshield wiper defroster feature is exactly what I hoped it would be. If you are driving in a winter storm and as the wipers are on their down stroke, ice and snow will accumulate at the base of the windshield where the wipers rest or stop and go back up. It is real inconvenient after some time that snow/ice will gradually build up and the wiper can not go all the way down and you have to get out of the vehicle and clear it. If you look at the base of the windshield (from the outside) you will see where the wipers rest there is a heater grid (similar to the rear window defogger) that will keep that whole area heated. Looks like it would be VERY effective. Time will tell!

Note; the switch to control the wiper defroster is located in the climate display on the nav screen (bottom right).

Koz
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 12-13-10, 02:53 PM   #2
Craig B

Yeah, we had our first snow of the season. We had about 4", but I haven't used the heated wipers yet. We might have freezing rain on Thursday and I'm sure if we get it, I will use the heated wipers...

2007 LS 460
2014 GX 460 Luxury
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 09:31 AM   #3
Koz

Had a little snow this morning but not enough to use the feature.

Koz
Old 12-14-10, 09:31 AM