GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Ordered My New 2010 GX

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-10, 11:43 AM
Resident
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to my observations ECO function works only when gear shift only in AUTO. It doesn't functions in MANUAL mode
Old 05-06-10, 11:52 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, I had it in auto mode. I will take a good look when I get home tonight. Now I am really curious I know my park assist was off so I had enable that.
I will respond with my findings this evening.
Old 05-06-10, 12:07 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
Yes, I had it in auto mode. I will take a good look when I get home tonight. Now I am really curious I know my park assist was off so I had enable that.
I will respond with my findings this evening.
Can you check also when you first start up the car?

The green ECO light should come on briefly at startup.
Old 05-06-10, 12:37 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Will do, Thanks!

Originally Posted by antonio98
Can you check also when you first start up the car?

The green ECO light should come on briefly at startup.
Old 05-06-10, 01:59 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does the ECO system do anyways, other than to warn you that your right foot's too heavy on the gas!
Old 05-06-10, 05:42 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Well friends I just spent 30 minutes in the car and I do not have the eco green light? I only have the P for park assist in the area of the speedo section. Every light comes on with the exception of that. When I click on the menu button on the steering wheel, I only see the Eco function showing me my fuel efficieny range. I also turned the ignition on and no Eco green light whatsoever?? I called the dealer and was told Lexus may have made some changes?? no difinitive answer??

Does anyone else have a GX with a March 2010 build date?

On a good note I got my clear bra done and windows tinted. 3M film 50% in the rears and 35% on the front. I did not tint the back window. It is a perfect match all around! I went with a 3M film for the bra and came back 24" from the edge of the hood. The cut is called a bikini cut Looks really good. I will post some pics this weekend.

Now I have to work on getting some wheels. Because the GX is a 6 lug truck it makes it even more of a challenge finding a set I like..
Old 05-07-10, 07:50 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Correction. I do have the Eco Light I guess it was hard to see at night. I drove the truck this morning and sure enought the sun hit the dash at an angle and I was able to see it. Now I guess I have to figure how and when it comes on?? Sorry about the earlier confusion.

For those of you with ML/NAV and 3 AC Zones, did we lose the "dual" ac feature? How do I get it on my climate screen?

Well friends I just spent 30 minutes in the car and I do not have the eco green light? I only have the P for park assist in the area of the speedo section. Every light comes on with the exception of that. When I click on the menu button on the steering wheel, I only see the Eco function showing me my fuel efficieny range. I also turned the ignition on and no Eco green light whatsoever?? I called the dealer and was told Lexus may have made some changes?? no difinitive answer??

Does anyone else have a GX with a March 2010 build date?

On a good note I got my clear bra done and windows tinted. 3M film 50% in the rears and 35% on the front. I did not tint the back window. It is a perfect match all around! I went with a 3M film for the bra and came back 24" from the edge of the hood. The cut is called a bikini cut Looks really good. I will post some pics this weekend.

Now I have to work on getting some wheels. Because the GX is a 6 lug truck it makes it even more of a challenge finding a set I like..
Old 05-07-10, 08:29 AM
akfd
Pole Position

For those of you with ML/NAV and 3 AC Zones, did we lose the "dual" ac feature? How do I get it on my climate screen?
I believe the 3-Zone has replaced the Dual Zone, so there is no "Dual" button on the center console. If you press the gray "Climate" button beside the nav screen you will see the 3-Zone button, and if you push it you can adjust the ventilation in the rear as well.
Old 05-09-10, 04:08 AM
wannaGX
Driver

Correction. I do have the Eco Light I guess it was hard to see at night. I drove the truck this morning and sure enought the sun hit the dash at an angle and I was able to see it. Now I guess I have to figure how and when it comes on?? Sorry about the earlier confusion.
The eco light is bright green and very prominent . . . You should have no problem seeing it, especially at night. Just sayin. You might mention it to the dealer if you have to go back.

This is not a scientific answer at all but it comes on when you're driving in a calm manner. It's not on when the car is not moving and it does not come on when you accelerate fast but if you take it easy and allow the car to speed up normally it can stay on all the way to max speed. When you gun it it turns off. When you take your foot off and car is coasting it's on. I guess it's just a way to let you know when you're wasting gas. Does that help at all? Mine's rarely on sadly . . . I should probably read that manual and see what it's really supposed to tell you.
Old 05-09-10, 10:35 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

I took the truck to the dealer and they had to turn on the Eco feature. For some reason it was not turned on when the truck was PDI. All is great now

Originally Posted by wannaGX
The eco light is bright green and very prominent . . . You should have no problem seeing it, especially at night. Just sayin. You might mention it to the dealer if you have to go back.

This is not a scientific answer at all but it comes on when you're driving in a calm manner. It's not on when the car is not moving and it does not come on when you accelerate fast but if you take it easy and allow the car to speed up normally it can stay on all the way to max speed. When you gun it it turns off. When you take your foot off and car is coasting it's on. I guess it's just a way to let you know when you're wasting gas. Does that help at all? Mine's rarely on sadly . . . I should probably read that manual and see what it's really supposed to tell you.
Old 05-21-10, 03:06 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

I took the truck to the dealer and they had to turn on the Eco feature. For some reason it was not turned on when the truck was PDI.
This ECO indicator can be turned on/off by the driver through the settings in the multi-information display.

Yes, it should have been set to On initially.
Old 05-21-10, 07:54 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by antonio98
This ECO indicator can be turned on/off by the driver through the settings in the multi-information display.

Yes, it should have been set to On initially.
I turned mine off because I find the system is of no use to me; the system doesn't make the engine save fuel, it's just there to warn the driver that he/she is not driving "environmentally conscious" enough.
Old 05-22-10, 05:51 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by akfd
I turned mine off because I find the system is of no use to me; the system doesn't make the engine save fuel, it's just there to warn the driver that he/she is not driving "environmentally conscious" enough.
I did the same. The novelty has worn off.

I find the ECO range on the multi-information display to be more useful.