GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2003 GX Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-14, 03:45 PM
PatrickM23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 GX Running Boards

Hello everyone!
I just took the running boards off my GX and will not be needing them ever again. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in purchasing them. I don't know what the rate would be, maybe some of you could help me out in that department. Let me know if you are interested and we could work something out. Thanks
-Patrick
Old 05-08-14, 01:26 AM
Fluid
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be removing mine before my next offroad trip with buddies (the kinds with rocks that will break them off). Just curious, how long did it take for the complete removal? Just want an idea so I can carve out a weekend slot in between family time.
Old 05-08-14, 01:04 PM
470reasons
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fluid
I'll be removing mine before my next offroad trip with buddies (the kinds with rocks that will break them off). Just curious, how long did it take for the complete removal? Just want an idea so I can carve out a weekend slot in between family time.
Figure about an hour.

Remove the power connector.
Open front and rear doors.
Remove all the snap fasteners at the bottom of the door frames.
I think there's a Phillips head screw at the front end of the board that has to come out (can't remember for sure).
Remove the bolts from the "L" brackets - the one's holding the board to the brackets. Leave the chassis ones on. Pull the board off. Remove the "L" brackets.
Weather-proof the connector and cable tie the wires up out of the way.
Repeat on other side.

Getting the snap fasteners out is the hardest part! (I now have a tool to do it.) Don't bother with plastic trim removal tools. The snaps will break them. METAL screwdriver and needle nose pliers work.
Old 05-14-14, 12:08 AM
Fluid
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 470reasons
Figure about an hour.

Remove the power connector.
Open front and rear doors.
Remove all the snap fasteners at the bottom of the door frames.
I think there's a Phillips head screw at the front end of the board that has to come out (can't remember for sure).
Remove the bolts from the "L" brackets - the one's holding the board to the brackets. Leave the chassis ones on. Pull the board off. Remove the "L" brackets.
Weather-proof the connector and cable tie the wires up out of the way.
Repeat on other side.

Getting the snap fasteners out is the hardest part! (I now have a tool to do it.) Don't bother with plastic trim removal tools. The snaps will break them. METAL screwdriver and needle nose pliers work.
Great - won't take much from weekend time. Thx for summary.