GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Code P2445 Air Injection pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-12, 08:10 AM
vchi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P2445 Air Injection pump?

Got a 2006 GX throwing a P2445 code and car goes into limp mode. Is this the Air Injection Pump? Does anybody know where it's located? any help would be great.
Old 04-19-12, 12:34 PM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

Secondary air injection is emissions related. Under hood?
Old 04-22-12, 10:16 AM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

check out yr Sensor 1 and A/F sensor. That is why you go into limp mode becoz the air fuel ratio becomes lean. Finally check the EFI relay fuse in yr fuse box in engine bay.
Old 05-31-13, 07:13 AM
mbhakta
Driver School Candidate

The issue requires checking each of the air injection pump assembly, including the three valves. Does Lexus have the ability to test each of these components separately to find out which one has failed? Replacing the pump and three valves sounds like a smart thing to do, but the parts alone can add up to over $2500. Add the labor to remove the intake manifold to perform the replacement and you got yourself a hafty price tag!!!
Old 04-13-15, 10:37 AM
LexusUSA
Driver School Candidate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-air-pump.html
The second page of this post has a really good DIY of replacing the air injection pump.
Old 03-29-16, 04:38 PM
asudchiman
Driver School Candidate

Default 2011 Lexus GX 460 with p2445 Error Code

I had the much discussed error code P2445 error code.
From this forum and a lot of other Toyota and Lexus websites I was able to see how many owners were faced with this expensive air pump problem. I considered having a local shop install a much cheaper part out of China, but that just felt wrong to me. As a result, I took it to the dealership.

There is no excuse for toyota/lexus to allow a 10 cent piece of foam to cost their customers $2050.46 in repairs (ask me how I know). They also updated the part (in 2013?) so they clearly know there is an issue.

Fortunately, one of my friends use to own a dealership, and he suggested that I contact Lexus HQ or a District Service Manager. I spoke directly with the Lexus HQ and filed a complaint regarding the part being known for failure. I was nice but firm. The reason we buy one of the worlds best vehicles is to avoid this type of problem. I do not expect to pay $60k for a vehicle, have the manufacturer update the part, and leave its current owners stuck paying to repair a clearly deficient part.

I would like to give kudos to the customer satisfaction team. I was told they would respond within 2 days. I let them know I would be highly disappointed if it took 2 days for someone to reach out to me.
Fortunately I received a call this evening (same day) from the resolution team and they offered to cover the cost of the parts. This was basically a 50%/50% cost sharing, and I think that is a fair offer.

Just wanted to pass along that Lexus was fair with the situation, but it did require my taking action for something that I feel based on my research should have been recalled by toyota/lexus. At least they did me right in the end -- IMO.
Old 05-16-16, 07:21 AM
ypatel007
Driver School Candidate

Fixed the issue with my (wife's) 2010 GX 460 (90k miles). Replaced both valve assemblies. Fan was fine. Disconnected battery for code reset. Test drove for 30 miles and so far so good. Bought parts from dealer. Would like to know Lexus HQ contact number so I can inform them and see if they will pay for parts as they did in your case? Thanks in advance.
FYI, I am leaving the outlet hose disconnected for a while until fan blows off any debris still inside. All hoses are cleaned, air pump is cleaned, and valve assembly replaced.
Old 05-17-16, 07:03 AM
asudchiman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ypatel007
Fixed the issue with my (wife's) 2010 GX 460 (90k miles). Replaced both valve assemblies. Fan was fine. Disconnected battery for code reset. Test drove for 30 miles and so far so good. Bought parts from dealer. Would like to know Lexus HQ contact number so I can inform them and see if they will pay for parts as they did in your case? Thanks in advance.
FYI, I am leaving the outlet hose disconnected for a while until fan blows off any debris still inside. All hoses are cleaned, air pump is cleaned, and valve assembly replaced.
Simply go to Lexus.com | contact | Live Chat

Then clearly state your dissatisfaction. They will put you in contact with a representative who will review your situation and work to make you happy.

We don't buy $60k vehicles and expect a $0.10 foam part cause thousands of dollars in repairs.
This is why we buy an elite brand and they should stand behind their brand and protect their reputation.
Old 09-24-16, 07:57 PM
kappasig
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GX460 Secondary Air Injection Pump & Valves (Error Code P2442)

My wife's 2012 GX460 recently experienced the same issue at 78000 miles. I purchased the parts from the Lexus dealer for $1,704 and replaced them myself. Sure enough, the foam filter was sucked into the driver side valve. I also found water inside the pump motor. I contacted Lexus customer service and explained my dissatisfaction. They opened a case number and requested I send them a detailed explanation, a copy of the invoice, and any pictures. I submitted everything and received a phone call a couple of days later to further discuss. A week later, I received a reimbursement check for the full amount of the replacement parts.
Attached Thumbnails Code P2445 Air Injection pump?-lexus-parts-invoice.jpg   Code P2445 Air Injection pump?-old-valve-driver-side-with-foam-filter-removed-from-inside.jpg   Code P2445 Air Injection pump?-old-valve-passenger-side.jpg   Code P2445 Air Injection pump?-air-pump-motor.jpg   Code P2445 Air Injection pump?-air-pump-housing-with-water-inside.jpg  

Code P2445 Air Injection pump?-air-pump.jpg   Code P2445 Air Injection pump?-all-parts-removed-and-replaced.jpg  
Old 09-26-16, 05:01 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

why not just bypass the POS
Old 11-03-16, 09:26 AM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just listed for sale in GX460 classifieds two genuine Toyota /Lexus gaskets for when you need to replace air valves for ( Error code P2442 and P2441 ) for GX460 4.6 L engine
2 Gaskets for AIR SWITCHING , P\N: 1737638030
Gaskets are exactly the same for driver and passenger air valves location sides.
Price for two/both gaskets is $10.