GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 07:39 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Remote Start

Is anyone using the LuxLink Remote Start ??

Looks interesting as you use the OEM remote key to start the vehicle.

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxl...mote_start.php

~ Cap
Old 06-11-05, 09:45 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Cap the only problem with this set up is you don't have that much of a range.
Old 06-11-05, 09:57 AM
john5519
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I am... Works great except for a few things or I should say, steps. Unless they changed something since a few months ago these are the drawbacks on an 05 GX...

Unlike the web site says, you first must press unlock once, then lock three times and it starts. When you walk up to the truck the doors are locked again and you must insert the key in the door lock to maually unlock the door, you can not use the unlock on the remote again. Once you unlock you have to put the key in the ignition and turn to run before you can do anything else, like adjust your seat or hit the unlock button to let your passenger in, if not it will turn off. Not really a big deal once you get used to it and of course the benefit is not having a separate remote.

The range is not that great, but I don't like to use it from too far away because you can't really hear/see the confirmation (it beeps and the parking lights blink every time you push a button)...

By the way it is an invention that Luxury Motorworks designed themselves and had someone build for them. The place is great, they are very Lexus knowledgeable.

Last edited by john5519; 06-11-05 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-12-05, 10:13 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Remote Start

Originally Posted by john5519

Unlike the web site says, you first must press unlock once, then lock three times and it starts.
Hi John.....

Can I assume that you have to have the Air Conditioner set on Automatic before you turn the engine Off ??

Does the same apply to the Seat Warmers ??

~ Cap
Old 06-12-05, 10:51 PM
john5519
Driver School Candidate

Yes, it is set to auto air... I just moved to AZ from L.A. and it comes in handy. I would think it be the same for seat warmers but it looks like I won't be testing that here!
Old 06-13-05, 04:09 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I am... Works great except for a few things or I should say, steps. Unless they changed something since a few months ago these are the drawbacks on an 05 GX...

Unlike the web site says, you first must press unlock once, then lock three times and it starts. When you walk up to the truck the doors are locked again and you must insert the key in the door lock to maually unlock the door, you can not use the unlock on the remote again. Once you unlock you have to put the key in the ignition and turn to run before you can do anything else, like adjust your seat or hit the unlock button to let your passenger in, if not it will turn off. Not really a big deal once you get used to it and of course the benefit is not having a separate remote.

The range is not that great, but I don't like to use it from too far away because you can't really hear/see the confirmation (it beeps and the parking lights blink every time you push a button)...

By the way it is an invention that Luxury Motorworks designed themselves and had someone build for them. The place is great, they are very Lexus knowledgeable.
I've got a similar autostarter. Uses the Lexus remote and has the same limitations whereby you cannot use the unlock lock buttons once you've remotely started the car. Additionally, and I'm sure you have this problem. The wheel doesn't pull out of the way like it normally would when you step into the vehicle.

I'll try to get the manufacturer name.
Old 06-13-05, 06:58 AM
Capirato
Racer

Default Steering Wheel

Originally Posted by looknow12

The wheel doesn't pull out of the way like it normally would when you step into the vehicle.
Hi Looknow.....

I'm really puzzled by what you are saying about the Steering Column not moving out of the way. In my GX the Steering Wheel moves out of the way whenever the key is removed from the Ignition Switch, then moves into a normal position with the insertion of the key.

In other words, the Steering Column is out of the way before I open the door and stays that way until I insert the key into the Ignition Switch.

~ Cap
Old 06-13-05, 08:30 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Capirato
Hi Looknow.....

I'm really puzzled by what you are saying about the Steering Column not moving out of the way. In my GX the Steering Wheel moves out of the way whenever the key is removed from the Ignition Switch, then moves into a normal position with the insertion of the key.

In other words, the Steering Column is out of the way before I open the door and stays that way until I insert the key into the Ignition Switch.

~ Cap
With the remote start I have, it tricks the system into thinking the key is in the ignition. When you get into the GX, it either stays low, or doesn't come down when you insert the key and turn it to on. I can't remember which.
Old 06-13-05, 10:47 AM
john5519
Driver School Candidate

I forgot that part, mine is the same, the steering wheel does not come down when I insert the key. I push the memory button I have set on the door panel for it to go down. Or you can do it by the power button under the steering wheel too...
Old 06-13-05, 06:21 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When I do all my Alarms in all Lexus all these features still work and you don't have to be pressing lock and unlock a bunch of times .https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=angelslex
Old 06-14-05, 05:04 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by angelslex
When I do all my Alarms in all Lexus all these features still work and you don't have to be pressing lock and unlock a bunch of times .https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=angelslex
Right, this will be the case with a separate remote on your key chain. But to use the Lexus vehicle remote, you're stuck with these two limitations:

1) Having to use the key in the door to open the door after the car has been remote started
2) Using the memory button to have the steering wheel settle back into position after inserting the key.

I believe the positives out weigh the negatives and prefer the Lexus remote controlling my autostart.
Old 06-14-05, 01:01 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Remote Start

When you walk up to the truck the doors are locked again and you must insert the key in the door lock to maually unlock the door. You can not use the unlock on the remote again.
Hi John.....

If you want the truck's doors to be unlocked when you walk up to it, you can just press on the unlock button once after you press the lock button three times to start the engine.

There is a few seconds delay that allows you to do that.

~ Cap
Old 06-15-05, 03:05 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Capirato
Hi John.....

If you want the truck's doors to be unlocked when you walk up to it, you can just press on the unlock button once after you press the lock button three times to start the engine.

There is a few seconds delay that allows you to do that.

~ Cap
Hmm, are you sure about that? I remember the whole problem was related to the remote start had to turn off (or turn on) the body control computer in order to fool the system into starting it, because of that there were specific limitations that were just part of the design of the Lexus control system.
Old 06-15-05, 04:29 AM
Capirato
Racer

Default Open Doors

Originally Posted by looknow12

Hmm, are you sure about that?
Yes..... As per Luxury Motor Works.

~ Cap
Old 06-15-05, 04:52 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver