Interior Color help

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-16, 11:50 AM
airbornm3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Color help

Hi,

Thank you for your help in advance. The trim around the navigation in my 2013 GX 460 has scratches. I am trying to repaint it to match the rest of the trim but am having difficulty matching this color.
My color codes:
C/TR: 077/LA40
A/TM: A01A/A760F

I am attaching the picture of the color which is similar to champagne/goldish silver? Can anyone help with how to match this paint or have a color code? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Interior Color help-index.jpg  
Old 10-03-16, 01:56 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 820 Likes on 570 Posts

Let me know if you find something and I will be the test subject. I did this sliding a ladder in and out of the rear. It's in an inconspicuous area and stays covered up anyway. Your dash is right in your face and needs to be perfect. Probably needs to be professionally matched and sprayed with a quality paint gun.

It would have been nice if Lexus had put the silver in the plastic, but black plastic?

Old 10-04-16, 06:38 AM
airbornm3
Driver School Candidate

I have been playing around with an airbrush and modeling paint. I went to an automotive paint supplier and they were unable to match it. Also, I spoke with Lexus and they do not have a code for the trim paint, makes no sense to me since this is used on other models as well. So far, I am coming very closing mixing the following model paint colors together:

Testors

German Silver Metallic - Gloss -

Flake Gold - Metallic -1542TT

Old 10-04-16, 06:41 AM
airbornm3
Driver School Candidate

I think it is a worthwhile pursuit to get a code or a close match to this color because the paint they use is very fragile and the color is used on many models. Does anyone here work at a paint shop or have a spectrophotometer? Thanks
Old 10-07-16, 08:01 AM
airbornm3
Driver School Candidate

Ok,

Yesterday I painted the rear AC control panel and have come very very close in color, it's only discernible under bright lighting. I bought Duplicolor paint, see attached, and sprayed it in a small cup then I airbrushed the paint on. Clear coat applied afterwards. It looks like new. I'm sure if you were to paint 2 pieces that are butted up against each other you would be able to see a small difference and would have to blend the paint or paint both pieces. However if you painted just your door handle it is far away from another trim piece of similar color and you would not be able to see a difference. Good Luck!
Old 10-07-16, 03:20 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

I will play, I don't have an airbrush and I'm intrigued.

Old 12-07-16, 12:24 PM
kroorda
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm also interested in getting some of these custom colors; for both interior (dash/trim) and scratches on the wheels and even the grill. There are a number of 'touchup paint suppliers' on the internet who say they can supply paint for all these areas. However, it's easier said than done. Going the 'Duplicolor' route seems to be the most reasonable thing to do as they make colors that are very close to the oem colors.
Old 12-07-16, 05:13 PM
Smilesb
Driver School Candidate

Hello,
New to the forum.... Do you have any "after" pics of using the dupli color? I am also wanking to touch up my drivers side interior door handle. Previous owner scratched it up pretty good.
Thank you!
Old 12-07-16, 06:17 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

DupliColor
Too much gold
Sprayed this on a blank wall plate.
Preped and ready to be painted. I played with the air brush and got sidetracked.
Old 12-07-16, 06:45 PM
Smilesb
Driver School Candidate

Thank you!!! The Dupli Color looks great!!!!
Old 07-27-17, 04:38 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,573 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Do you have a picture of how it looks now? Made a small mark on rear door handle I might try to fix.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by tecman
DupliColor
Too much gold
Sprayed this on a blank wall plate.
Preped and ready to be painted. I played with the air brush and got sidetracked.
Old 07-27-17, 05:27 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Never got around to it. This is where my panel is now. The air brush that I bought is frustrating and I put it away for now.

Old 07-27-17, 06:12 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,573 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Mine is just a small single ball point looking dot... have to wonder if I shouldn't just try some kind of silver colored pen. It won't make it go away but might be less noticeable than the standlaone black dot that is there now.
Old 07-27-17, 09:13 PM
User21c
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I tried this on some small 'nicks' on my lower center console... same color as discussed above.
It helped if you just do very small 'dots', and rub it out/smooth after it dries for a day...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ALDZ0G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ALDZ0G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (07-27-17)
Old 07-27-17, 09:30 PM
caesosa
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Cool. I will give it a try in the rear door panel that gets kicked by the baby.

Originally Posted by User21c
I tried this on some small 'nicks' on my lower center console... same color as discussed above.
It helped if you just do very small 'dots', and rub it out/smooth after it dries for a day...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quick Reply: Interior Color help