GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GX460 15000 mile service

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-16, 11:25 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't think we are disagreeing with each other. We are just going about making our points coming from different directions.
Old 04-15-16, 07:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,762 Likes on 1,972 Posts

How about this. This is the largest Lexus forum on the planet. Why don't you find us one instance, one time when Lexus denied a warranty claim because the owner had their service done either by another shop or themselves. If this were happening; it would be here.

Even in the case of the 3.0L engine gelling when they extended the warranty because of seized engines due to lack of oil changes, they did not try and deny claims because the oil was changed elsewhere than the dealer. In fact, formally they wanted to see one oil change per year, regardless of mileage and didn't deny claims even if they couldn't get evidence of that.

If you're going to do your own maintenance keep logs, keep receipts for the oil, Etc. I use the dealer sometimes, sometimes not. When I don't use the dealer I enter the service I did in the online Lexus owners portal, and scan and save my receipts. If there's ever an issue, it won't be an issue.

FYI the reason I don't use the dealer is partly due to cost but also due to the fact that every time they get my car they screw it up in some way. They scratch a console by carelessly dropping the key on it, they scratch a wheel, they screw it up washing it even though I tell them not to. They scuff the dash by throwing all their paperwork up there. My independent doesn't do any of that, he does a better job and it's cheaper. Hard to argue with that.

I would pay more if I got more. But, what you get is all window dressing.
Old 04-15-16, 05:47 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
How about this. This is the largest Lexus forum on the planet. Why don't you find us one instance, one time when Lexus denied a warranty claim because the owner had their service done either by another shop or themselves. If this were happening; it would be here.

Even in the case of the 3.0L engine gelling when they extended the warranty because of seized engines due to lack of oil changes, they did not try and deny claims because the oil was changed elsewhere than the dealer. In fact, formally they wanted to see one oil change per year, regardless of mileage and didn't deny claims even if they couldn't get evidence of that.

If you're going to do your own maintenance keep logs, keep receipts for the oil, Etc. I use the dealer sometimes, sometimes not. When I don't use the dealer I enter the service I did in the online Lexus owners portal, and scan and save my receipts. If there's ever an issue, it won't be an issue.

FYI the reason I don't use the dealer is partly due to cost but also due to the fact that every time they get my car they screw it up in some way. They scratch a console by carelessly dropping the key on it, they scratch a wheel, they screw it up washing it even though I tell them not to. They scuff the dash by throwing all their paperwork up there. My independent doesn't do any of that, he does a better job and it's cheaper. Hard to argue with that.

I would pay more if I got more. But, what you get is all window dressing.
Did you get lost and wind up on the GX section?

Always good to see you post and your input
Old 04-15-16, 07:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,762 Likes on 1,972 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Did you get lost and wind up on the GX section?

Always good to see you post and your input
I'm everywhere! LOL