2016 GX Technology Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-16, 02:17 PM
jhd331
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 GX Technology Package

Hey Everyone,

Overall, I have been very pleased with my GX I purchased the end of 2015.

However, the entertainment package on the touch screen is a big weird to me and I would love some further information on ways to get some work arounds.

I am looking for help on the following things, so if any of you have any insight on these items please let me know.

1. Typing Lockout. When the car is moving I cannot enter stuff into the GPS and other areas of the entertainment package. Is there any way to get this off of my system?

2. Default Screen Selection. When the car is moving it seems like no matter what buttons you push, it always defaults back to the Navigation screen showing the map. Ideally, I would like the "Home" screen to always be the default screen that always comes up. Not sure if this is even possible, however if so... It would be wonderful.

3. Is there a way to take some of the inputs off of your "Mode" selection when you are going through all of the audio sources. I love having so many audio sources, however I need to scroll through like 10 source selections before I can get back to the beginning of the menu. I know I can re-order them and put them in a new order, however that really doesn't solve the issue of having to scroll through all of them.

Thanks for the insight all!

-Jake
Old 02-21-16, 03:16 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by jhd331
Hey Everyone,

However, the entertainment package on the touch screen is a big weird to me and I would love some further information on ways to get some work arounds.

I am looking for help on the following things, so if any of you have any insight on these items please let me know.

1. Typing Lockout. When the car is moving I cannot enter stuff into the GPS and other areas of the entertainment package. Is there any way to get this off of my system?

2. Default Screen Selection. When the car is moving it seems like no matter what buttons you push, it always defaults back to the Navigation screen showing the map. Ideally, I would like the "Home" screen to always be the default screen that always comes up. Not sure if this is even possible, however if so... It would be wonderful.

3. Is there a way to take some of the inputs off of your "Mode" selection when you are going through all of the audio sources. I love having so many audio sources, however I need to scroll through like 10 source selections before I can get back to the beginning of the menu. I know I can re-order them and put them in a new order, however that really doesn't solve the issue of having to scroll through all of them.

-Jake
You need a bypass module.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...c-install.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...y-install.html
Old 02-22-16, 02:08 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jhd331
Hey Everyone,

-Jake

The default screen can set to maps or left to the last viewed screen.
Old 11-07-16, 07:39 AM
dgi
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Which bypass module is preferred? Beat Sonic or Prestigious Society?