autorelock feature

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-13, 09:18 PM
danwguys
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autorelock feature

Hello,

In vehicle settings, there is auto relock feature, i set it up to 60 seconds, the guy who did a walk through with us said, if we leave the car unlocked for 60 seconds it will automatically relock itself. Left the car in the garage for about 5 minutes and still didnt unlock. Is auto relock supposed to relock the car when we walk away?
Old 07-25-13, 05:52 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

The key word is "re-lock". This means, if the door was locked and you hit the unlock button on the remote (AND YOU DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR) the system will time out and re-lock! The system does not automatically lock the doors.

Koz
The following users liked this post:
RXgolfer (04-13-21)
Old 07-25-13, 07:17 AM
danwguys
Driver School Candidate

Default huh

thank you, i had doubts on what that guy was saying. I asked him if we can unlock the car with out pressing the key he said (yes), how about lock it without pressing the key (he said yes) and he showed this setting. So i assume you have to press the key to lock the car (bmw has lock feature if they key is in the proximity and press certain spot on the handle)
Old 07-25-13, 08:03 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by danwguys
thank you, i had doubts on what that guy was saying. I asked him if we can unlock the car with out pressing the key he said (yes), how about lock it without pressing the key (he said yes) and he showed this setting. So i assume you have to press the key to lock the car (bmw has lock feature if they key is in the proximity and press certain spot on the handle)
There is a spot on the top of the door handle to touch if you have your key close by, you don't need to use the remote to lock the vehicle.
Old 07-25-13, 08:28 AM
Koz

There are also black buttons on the back door to lock/unlock the vehicle. You can also open the rear window by pushing the black botton located on the lower left side of the back window. You can open all the windows and sunroof by pressing and holding the door open button on the remote. You can program the door lock/unlock system to unlock all the doors or just the driver's door.

Koz
Old 07-25-13, 08:53 AM
danwguys
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks

thanks for helping the newbie out...i will test few things after work today
Old 07-25-13, 12:25 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

As long as you have the electronic key on your person, you can forget about how it works. Grasping either front door handle unlocks and 'pinching' the front of either handle locks. That's it!

If you need further reassurance, listen for the beeps or look for the flashes on the side rear-view mirrors. One beep/flash means it is locked and two means it is unlocked ... one syllable or two syllables ... lock or unlock.

It works with two keys as readily as one. My wife and I swap driving every day at lunch. As long as both of us have our electronic keys on our person, there's no problem. Even if one of us inadvertently presses the unlock button on our electronic key, the GX will relock within whatever time interval you have set so you can forget about worrying if your vehicle is still locked ... if it was and no one opened a door ... it still is!
Regards,

SaniDel

Last edited by SaniDel; 07-25-13 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-25-13, 12:40 PM
Koz

Also, each remote can be linked to your personal memory settings. When you open the door the seats, steering wheel, mirrors, etc. adjust to your settings. I'm 6'1" and the little women is 5'3". SWEET feature!

Koz
Old 07-25-13, 12:53 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
Also, each remote can be linked to your personal memory settings. When you open the door the seats, steering wheel, mirrors, etc. adjust to your settings. I'm 6'1" and the little women is 5'3". SWEET feature!

Koz
Just learned something ... thanks, Koz!

However, this only works for one driver or the other, but not both. My wife and I are usually in the vehicle together, have very different seat, steering wheel and mirror settings and use the memory buttons on the driver's door to memorize those settings. The GX 'recognizes' both of us by our electronic keys, but can't tell which one is the driver!

The few times that only one of us is in the vehicle it works as you describe, but not when we are both in the vehicle. Since we usually are, as a courtesy we select each other's memory button at the end of each "driving shift"!
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 07-26-13, 07:29 AM
Koz

The memory is linked to the remote (two different memory settings). The system will use the remote linked memory from whoever's remote unlocks the driver's door. If the passenger door is opened first there may be a problem.

Koz