GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

$25.9k a good price for an 07?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-12, 07:43 AM
Muti007
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default $25.9k a good price for an 07?

Black on tan, ML, Nav, rear view, heated seats etc. This would be with no warranty and 73k on the odo but overall the car shows very nicely, overall in beautiful condition. Seem like a good deal? Got them down from about $30k.
Old 01-30-12, 08:34 PM
jafoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought an 07 80K same options for $26K. they advertised for $32K, internet $29K so I would say it is a fair price. Test drive for the clunk in rear end (keep A/C on, easier to notice) if it has it make them install the TSB. Mine does it so I am going to tell them to repair it under the 3,000 mile drivetrain warranty (hopefully).
Old 01-30-12, 09:55 PM
GX470TX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would pass if the serviceing could not be confirmed with records with that many miles.
Old 02-12-12, 07:03 PM
soonerlaw1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re. Price

Originally Posted by Muti007
Black on tan, ML, Nav, rear view, heated seats etc. This would be with no warranty and 73k on the odo but overall the car shows very nicely, overall in beautiful condition. Seem like a good deal? Got them down from about $30k.

Is this certified? If not, if they will throw in a warranty up to 100k. It would be a great price. I paid 31,000 for 40,000 miles that is certified and48months or 100k. Whichever comes first.
I NEEDED ONE so much like new and the low miles , one owner etc.

So I just saw one yesterday while waiting on my oil change (Okc) Lexus. A very nice one owner blizzard 07 white 79,000 miles. A guy was buying it and he told me they had settled on 26,400 but they have him up to 100k on the warranty.
Hope that helps.

Our neighbor has an 06 (he is only owner) he has 168,000 miles on it (he is very picky and says he will drive it until it dies or he dies LOL)
So, we shopped for mine being so impressed with seeing him with his all these years. He drives back and forth to Houston where his kids are at least once a month.

I think if you can really track down the "history" and get them to either certify it or warranty it
In our experience these GX's are just great!

I absolutely love ours!

What state are yiu in? City? We can keep our eyes open. When we got our GS 350, we flew into Austin and drove it home b cuz someone on the forum found it for us.
Good luck. I will keep my eyes open for one
Old 02-12-12, 08:09 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd get a pre-purchase inspection if you're nervous. Couldn't hurt.

I'm surprised at the number of people asking for warranties on a Toyota. On a German car with a six-figure price new, yes. On a Lexus? Save your $.

I appreciate mine so much. It's so smooth, looks good, and just has so much value oozing out of it (when bought used), I can't imagine why people pick-up those domestic POSs.

Mine was an '07 with 80K miles when I bought it. Put 5K miles since. Got it private party for $23.5 or $26K with sales tax. Going to drive it till the wheels fall off.

Last edited by ROK; 02-12-12 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-12-12, 09:26 PM
Muti007
Advanced

I did end up buying the truck for $25.9 but it was more out of impatience, having a really bad day at the office one day, and my salesman catching me on just the right day. Normally, I would have taken more time to find an even better deal, lower miles and a few other things, but all things considered, and having a good feel for the GX market in my area for a few months now, I dont feel I overpayed at all especially for an 07. But I did not get the warranty and I dont agree these trucks dont need one considering all of the potentially expensive, known issues they can encounter with surprising regularity.

But alas, I love my new truck and its not at all meant to be a DD. That duty is faithfully served by my LS430, which I also adore. (Can you tell Im a fan of big Lexus V8 vehicles? ) The GX is only for occasional bad weather days and road trips exceeding 2.5 hours. But anything much over 3-4 hours and I wouldnt drive anyway, ID fly. Plus, I only tend to drive about 10k miles or so a year give or take between all 3 vehicles anyway. So she should have a very pampered existence in my keep as do most of my vehicles. She will get all routine maintenance, only with extreme **** retentiveness, plus my own personal "must haves" for car care that tends to be a little extreme to some, but growing up poor as dirt you learn to appreciate the hell out of your things, cherish and care for them to the best of your abilities. She will also be detailed pretty regularly, I cant tolerate a dirty car but I also cant stand doing that kind of work myself, lol.

So thanks again guys for all of your help and advice and Im glad to be among you all as a newb fellow owner. I think in one of the threads Ive posted a pic or two. If not, heres one of my fleet side by side. Also bought dear ol Mom a Rav 4 a year or so ago which she really wanted and baby sister just bought an 10 IS250AWD. You could say we love our Toyotas and Lexii

Last edited by Muti007; 02-12-12 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-13-12, 01:17 PM
GX470TX
Driver School Candidate

Enjoy!

Great road ride and drive you will find, so you got the right vehicle for your use.
Old 02-13-12, 04:43 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

wow, you sure have good tastes, i have:

gx470 g35coupe jeep

jeep is my dd
Old 02-13-12, 04:45 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Thank you CS! Not exactly a shabby collection youve got there ourself sir
Old 02-14-12, 01:53 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

thanx man, but ur much braver than i am, i lived in connecticut for a while and i would have to say that after having been in the northeast coast i would never ever own a g35 coupe there much less a honda s2000, if i had to move back to the ne.coast i would only take my gx and my jeep haha
Old 02-14-12, 02:58 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Originally Posted by clubsport
thanx man, but ur much braver than i am, i lived in connecticut for a while and i would have to say that after having been in the northeast coast i would never ever own a g35 coupe there much less a honda s2000, if i had to move back to the ne.coast i would only take my gx and my jeep haha
Brave? Youre assuming the S actually gets driven, lol. Shes lucky to see 1000 miles a year. Otherwise she gets oil changes, wash and waxes, and sits covered. I only drive her on perfect warm, sunny top down weather. Thats it. All of last year she saw about 500 miles.

My LS430 is my daily driver. My 4runner was my bad weather, rain/snow vehicle. The GX has now inherited that role along with road tripper which she has taken from the LS.

Thats how their duties are broken down. Different tools for different jobs.
Old 02-14-12, 04:16 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

yeah what a pity about the s2000 man, it's like keep an animal in a zoo, when she should be let free to roam the freeways of california or some of them southern states...
with my g35 coupe, it gets max 3k miles a year... i am startin to wonder if i should keep it cuz i have so little time now to enjoy it... but i been planning for over a year and a half now to sell it so eventually it will happen... hahaha
Old 02-14-12, 04:29 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Well I dont think its a pity, thats how I enjoy it. I think it would be a crime to drive her in rain, sleet or snow or expose her to salt and debris on the road. Not fair to a car like that. When I do enjoy her on the right day, its bloody brilliant. It was a cash purchase so it isnt costing me much to keep her either. If I ever decide I am wasting her or just dont drive it enough, Ill sell it and pocket the $$. No harm no foul. For all the guys in Cali and Fla lucky enough to have better weather than me, there are enough of them out there for them to buy too
Old 02-14-12, 07:23 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Default me baby

same here... cash purchase as well but i just feel so selfish when friends and family wanna borrow an essentially extra car laying about and i have to tell them they are not familiar with sport car type driving so they shouldn't drive it cause i know for sure something bad will happen and so on and so... but man it is a blast when we go to las vegas or somewhere kinda far so i've been over this routine of settin it up for sale but never follow through with it... part of me is like i can still be cool if i keep it cuz as soon as i sell i will be drooling over something stupid like a hyundai tiburon or somethin so who knows... here's a pic of her while we're on the topic
Attached Thumbnails .9k a good price for an 07?-g35.jpg