GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Nav Bypass/DVD/etc?: 08 GX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-11, 12:55 PM
zmw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nav Bypass/DVD/etc?: 08 GX?

Man I really hate to post this, but it seems like every post I can find is from 03, or refers to 03-06 models... Yes I've searched and am a long time member on ih8 and supraforums so i try really hard to not ask newb questions...

my GX is an 08, and have had many LX/LCs in the past - however this is the first i've had with the 5th gen nav unit. I want to do several things....

1. Nav bypass for dvd/bluetooth/input on front screen while in motion. I realize this is a sensative subject but my wife and with 2 kids take road trips every year she and the kids watch movies while I drive.. it is what it is. I do NOT have the rear entertainment package, rather I have a dealer installed invision dual headrest setup - I do have the DVD changer in the glove box, but have not tried to see if it actually plays dvd video on the front screen when parked.

2. I would LOVE to have dvd OUTPUT from the factory dvd player piped to my headrest screens - it drives me nuts to not be able to shut off the DVD players in the back. So is it possible to capture the video output going to the front nav screen and splice it to the rear monitors

3. Ipod input - I know I can use a VaisTech unit or a lockpick but again I can't find anyone saying this works or doesn't work on an 08/09 - does the lock3 ultimate still work with the latest nav update?

Again I apologize about asking these questions, I'm sure there are thousands of threads but some of the ones I've found literally go back to posts from 2003 and I know the nav units changed in '07-09 models...

-Z
Old 04-15-11, 04:21 PM
zmw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay so i've verified that the DVD changer in the glove box does output video to the front screen if in park and ebrake is on - there has GOT to be a way to get that video signal somehow to rear screens?