GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

PLease ADVISE on new GX470 - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-05, 07:38 PM
kaloisa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLease ADVISE on new GX470 - HELP

Hi - I am new to this website. I am possibly trading in my 2004 VW Touareg for a new 2005 Lexus GX470. I have had nothing but problems with the VW and finally gave up with it after many attempts to get it fixed. Anyways, can anyone give me some comments on this vehicle good and bad? I am looking at a 2005 GX470, no nav and no DVD. The only options are 3rd row seat, spoiler and hitch. By putting a total of $4900 down, my lease payment would be $562 for 36 months with 18,000 miles a year. Does this sound like a good deal for anyone that is currently leasing? The color is the pine silver with gray leather. Thanks for any feedback. I found that VW had similar site that was very helpful for me when I was having my problems, so i am hoping to get some good feedback.

Thanks!
Old 06-14-05, 07:44 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELCOME!

The GX is an AMAZING machine. Quite possibly one of the best vehicles on the road in my opinion. After suffering from "precise German workmanship," I chose Lexus.

Lexus as a brand is an amazing company. The dealerships are generally the best in the industry (sure there are some questionable ones I'm sure). As for the vehicle itself, there are few defects. You may be reading here about the "clunk," an incident where after stopping, the transmission will "clunk." You may or may not feel this. While this is not supposedly a problem, it has been discussed here a lot since with such a perfect truck, anything that is wrong with it is a big deal. This is NOT a reason to avoid this truck though. It is, according to lexus, built into the system.

The ride on the car is impecable and the interior is so quiet. But, step on the gas and you will soon become addicted to the growl of the 4.7 L V-8 churning away. The vantage point from the GX is pretty tall and commanding, higher than most other trucks on the road.

As for the car in general, I did make a review a while back about the truck and would encourage you to read it. I'll post it right here:

After a terrible experience with a Honda Odyssey (what a tin can), I decided it was a mistake to buy a non-Lexus vehicle after 2 previous ones (1994 ES300, 1999 RX300). If you are looking for Lexus comforts in an unstoppable vehicle or just like SUVs, don't waste your time. BUY ONE NOW. I have had nothing but pleasure and fun in my third lexus [EDIT, I didn't count a few of previous Lexuses in this review for sepeerate reasons]. Read further for my full review of this amazing vehicle:

<b>EXTERIOR</b>
Taking a look at the GX can stir some different emotions. Some feel iffy about its styling, and some absolutely love it. Either way, it has a well-accented exterior with beautiful workmanship and quality. The greatest flaw this car has is how dirty the back can get. The rear window and door can become absolutely DIRTY. However, give your baby a bath and let that masterfully painted exterior shine like it was right off the showroom floor (providing the showroom waxed and washed their cars and the car wasn't covered in fingerprints). One feature about the exterior (I guess this fits in here) is the automatic windshield wipers. I am not sure whether it is standard or optional, but it is an amazingly cool and helpful system. Not only is it effective in providing one less distraction while driving (which it is effective all of the time as long as the moisture hits the sensor [behind the rearview mirror]), it is a great "hey look at this" feature if you ever have friends in the car . While driving, have the windshield-wiper stalk in the first position down and your auto is engaged. When water contacts the sensor, the wipers are instantly activated (it was scary at first when washing the windows and the wipers came on; I wasn’t expecting that!) This also works with snow. The system is so precise I use the speed of the wipers to determine how hard it is raining sometimes. You will notice that the system is computerized to be more reactive to water when the car is in motion than if you are waiting at a traffic light. One issue that some prospective buyers are afraid of is the door-like rear gate. Unlike conventional liftgates that open up, the GX uses a door-type setup that opens from the right side. The advantages include the ability to open the back when there is a trailer attached and for the not-so-tall people and the wives, closing this type of door is much easier than the conventional type which requires reaching and slamming. This type of rear has not proved whatsoever as a pain in the neck for me and it seems pretty unique. Overall, the exterior is beautiful and I recommend the white if you at all like white because it includes a pearlescent finish which makes the color slightly change depending on how the light is reflected causing a dazzling appearance in sunlight.

<b>INTERIOR</b>
The interior of the GX makes a huge statement. First, you smell the fine smell of Lexus-grade leather. Next, you see the elegant wood trim which provides an "airy" and uber-luxo feel. Thirdly, you sit in the comfortable heated seat which practically hugs you like your momma. Finally, from high atop your SUV perch, you look down on those poor sedan-driving commoners. You can't help but feel better than everyone else on the road (except of course other Lexus drivers) and for good reason. Not only are you in one of the finest vehicles on the planet, you have an army of technology at your command making every microsecond as pleasurable as...(I'll leave that up to your own imaginations). The GX comes basically fully equipped with the most influential option being the Navigation (3rd row wasn't really an option because almost every dealer had all GXs with the 3rd row). <i><b>If you are debating over whether to get the Nav, maybe you shouldn't be looking into luxury vehicles in the first place.</b></i> It was a no-brainer for me; the Navigation just <b>belongs</b> in the car. A GX without navigation is like the Mona Lisa without the woman in the picture. As for the navigation system, not only are you getting the easy guidance system (which by the way talks to you [In English and even French if you speak French or want a good laugh] and receives voice commands), but it is the centerpiece of almost every function in the car. The Navigation screen is used for

-guidance
-back-up camera
-settings of the car
-audio, climate control
-maintenance reminders
-a helpful calendar for marking appointments (when you start up the car your message will appear onscreen as a reminder).

The climate system is great especially for warming up and it is very intuitive. One of the most ignored but helpful part of the car is the backup camera. Providing a color image of what is behind the car from a perspective unattainable from the rear-view mirror, this nifty device allows for confidence backing out of crowded parking lots, driveways, and parking in metropolis(also great for backing up to a trailer hitch). The front seats are very comfortable and all power moving/reclining and heated. The sunglass holder if you have the Nav(the sunglass holder is the location of the microphone ) is basically useless however providing space enough for only clip-ons or very very slim sunglasses. The moonroof is well orchestrated and large. It is both sliding and tilting. Lexus made the moonroof also very intuitive: at higher speeds, the wind-deflector raises higher automatically to adjust as to divert the wind from making a huge riot of noise. With all of the windows closed, at speeds of up to around 45-50 mph, the car is absolutely whisper quiet providing sanctity when the unwelcome noise pollution of Suburbia or "Urbia" becomes too much for you. This silence is great for listening to your favorite CD on the Mark Levinson <b>(ML)</b> system. The ML is pretty impressive providing for an experience that is close to that of my home theater(audiophile paradise). FM is good and AM is marginal as in all cars. Meanwhile, the CD player is amazing and the tape player, if not for your antiquated tapes, is a great interface for more twenty-first century formats such as the iPod which I have an amazing setup( see below the review for a cool tip on setup for an iPod). The backseat is, in my car, one of the best places to be(see "backseat amenities" below). The backseat as for comfort is very fine in my opinion. I think it is a fine seat with good support and great quality leather and cushioning. The armrest folds out of the center to reveal a soft leather armrest with retractable cup-holders which do a fine job holding everything including McDonalds sodas right up to Fiji water (square bottles). The backseat is also provided with an accesory outlet that is just like a house outlet which means there is no need to use a power converter from DC to AC. This is great for laptops and other necessities (iPods). The third row is great for small children (12-) but not a "Lexus experience" for anyone older/bigger. Removing the third row creates a spacious cavern of a trunk capable of fitting massive luggage. Removing the seats is a breeze and if you don't intend on using one of them, they make good seats for junior to watch TV or play Nintendo on

<b>BACKSEAT AMENITIES</b>
My backseat is one of the most desired places to be. To understand what I mean, go to : http://www.yaro1.com/home/gx470.html What you are now looking at is a picture of my very nice headrest monitors. Before I purchased the car, I intended on this setup so I opted to not get the Lexus DVD player. First off, even without the Lexus system or my system, the car has a Rear Seat Audio System (RSAS) which is wonderful. What that provides is a separate audio system for the rear passengers via remote control and a headliner-mounted LCD screen which displays the source (FM, AM, Tape, CD) and receives the IR signal from the remote and broadcasts audio for wireless headphones. Even without the wireless headphones, there are two headphone jacks and separate volume controls on the center console in the backseat right below the rear seat air-conditioning controls(yes, as if my backseat passengers aren’t pampered enough, in hot weather they can activate a fully independent automatic climate control system which uses 4 ceiling-mounted vents to disperse fresh cool air throughout the monstrous cabin to ensure every passenger is content). The advantages of my after-market system are awesome. First, there is no need to "crane" your neck up to look at a small screen. Instead, you look straight forward as you naturally would to a screen perfectly at your head-height. Each outboard passenger has their own monitor capable of watching different sources on each monitor. The left passenger can watch a DVD while the right passenger can play the PS2. The next modification that came as a result of this is configuring the car to play the audio thought the miraculous ML system without sacrificing quality thought FM modulation. The solution is in a Colorado-based company called Vais-tech: http://www.vaistech.com That company offers products that integrate seamlessly into the factory navigation screen and ML system such that I can view whatever is on the rear screens on the Navigation screen while listening to the audio through the ML at full-DVD quality. On top of that, they are offering a system that integrates Sirius (or XM) satellite radio into the package that is completely controlled by the navigation screen such that no extra display device is needed: all channel selection uses the navigation buttons and the Lexus system recognizes it as just another CD player. Using a certain mode also, the navigation will display channel number, artist, track name, and other info right on the same navigation screen. My next modification will be satellite TV, however that will be very expensive. However, as you can see, there are many options for making your Lexus very fine indeed.

<b>SUV CHARACTERISTICS</b>
Since this is an SUV you can expect some serious off-roading capability and surefootedness in rain and snow as well as fording the occasional parking-lot pot-holes. This Lexus employs more technology than I can name so all I can say is that there is no way to get stuck in this vehicle in any terrain unless the driver is very careless or a nincompoop. If nature dropped 4 feet of snow, you would be able to just travel over it like driving on a sunny spring day. Traction is well maintained with a computer and sensors enough to launch a space shuttle. While taking your GX recreationally off-roading would be a walk in the park for your GX, you have to take into consideration how much you like your illuminated running boards because chances are that will be the first thing to get ruined. However, none of us will really experience any such situations, but it is always good to know that whatever happens your Lexus can drive over it. For one quick story, one day in September/October, my family and I went down to an Oceanside restaurant in Sandy Hook (On the Jersey Shore) which is situated literally on the water even next to a yacht club and boat launch. Some storms were off the coast causing an extremely high-tide. Well, in about 1 hour after a relaxing dinner, unbeknownst to everyone inside, the ocean had engulfed the parking lot by about 1 foot. The poor people with sedans were not going to be happy; most of their cars were under water enough that I can imagine that water may have leaked into the interiors of some. However, having the GX, I used plastic bags around my shoes and walked over to my car. I got in, set the adjustable ride height to high (just for good luck/good measure even though I had plenty of water-clearance) and drove over to the door of the restaurant to pick up the rest of my family. I also served as the parking lot jitney service transporting the flooded-car owners to their savaged cars for a little while. As I drove through the parking lot nonchalantly, which was covered in a little over 1 foot by now, it was an eerie but reassuring feeling seeing all these cars that were about to almost float away. As I drove past them my wake was hitting the doors of these cars! It was sure an experience I will never forget.

As a final thought, if you can afford this car and are considering this one against other cars of similar type, make sure you seriously consider the Lexus or even better yet: just go buy one. As you may be able to tell, I love my Lexus!

I can't say much about the lease since I bought mine, but if you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend you get the nav.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Last edited by yaro1; 06-14-05 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-14-05, 11:32 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Welcome kaloisa
I think yaro said eveything already

If you want reliability, you've come to the right place looking for a Lexus.
I have 7 toyotas and 2 Lexus in the family (1 sold with 60k, and 6 with over 100k miles with no problems). All bought new and NEVER has there been a problem that I had to fix back to back to back to back........just the general maintenance.
My 99 Lexus GS had a bad throttle position sensor at 60k, replaced under good will gesture, and till this day at 120k , I've had no problems......whoops, sorry about the rambling

I am leasing an 05 GX, ALL options except rear dvd and no KDSS which is available through the sports package. I leased back in Jan 05 (when they barely came out), $1500 down, $648/month including tax for 36 months for
12k miles/year. I believe the price was about $47,400 for the GX. I think you're paying a little too much for a basic GX, with no navigation, more than me. I could be wrong b/c of different factors, the extra 6k per year, depending how fast the GX is going off the lot.........

My wife and I LOVE this truck. V8 is very smooth, no clunking whatsoever. The only thing I don't like is the rear gate window doesn't roll down when I was carrying a small palm tree home

You will have no regrets b/c for around this price, I couldn't find a better SUV, especially with 3rd
row.

Try to read up a little more in this forum and you will find out the only problems are what wheels to buy, what wires to hack to bypass the dvd, where's a good trail to take the GX offroading........
The only bad reading is regarding the "clunk" in some of the 03's and 04's. That's about it.

Last edited by GS3Tek; 06-14-05 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-15-05, 12:03 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by kaloisa
Hi - I am new to this website. I am possibly trading in my 2004 VW Touareg for a new 2005 Lexus GX470. I have had nothing but problems with the VW and finally gave up with it after many attempts to get it fixed. Anyways, can anyone give me some comments on this vehicle good and bad? I am looking at a 2005 GX470, no nav and no DVD. The only options are 3rd row seat, spoiler and hitch. By putting a total of $4900 down, my lease payment would be $562 for 36 months with 18,000 miles a year. Does this sound like a good deal for anyone that is currently leasing? The color is the pine silver with gray leather. Thanks for any feedback. I found that VW had similar site that was very helpful for me when I was having my problems, so i am hoping to get some good feedback.

Thanks!
Welcome to Clublexus. I believe we have more than a couple members who traded in their problematic Tourag for a GX. Good luck!
Old 06-15-05, 07:36 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Default Flame restardant pants on...

Hi Kaloisa,

Welcome to Clublexus! I too am a brand new GX470 owner and I just love my vehicle. However, (I have my FLAME resistant pants on!!!), the GX470 are NOT without it's problems too. I would hate for you to jump off the VW bandwagon and think that the Lexus is 100% problem free.

I have not personally experienced ANY of the problems listed here (knock on wood...) and I hope never to have the pleasure of experiencing them, BUT they have been documented:

*Thump - After coming to a stop (eg, Red Light..) you would hear and FEEL a THUMP like getting bump by the car behind you, FIX is available from Lexus, documented.
*Mirrors - Power mirrors on the GX470 sometimes stick. Hitting the memorized settings doesn't bring the mirror back to the proper position
*Climate control - A little on noisy side and not "intelligent" some claim that it is too noisy and doesn't seem to keep the temp consistent
*Xenon lights - Not available, only 3rd party aftermarket kit available
*Vibration on Steering - users have noticed VIBRATION while driving on steering wheel

Off the top of my head this is all I can remember, but please keep in mind I'm not telling you this to scare you. These are the most SERIOUS problems that have been culled by 6 months of research before and after purchasing my vehicle and I'm proud to say, I couldn't be happier!!!

I've been hearing some HORROR stories on the Mercedes Benz, BMW and VW sites about their SUVs and if a little thump and mirrors not going back to original positions are all I have to face, instead of tranny and engine problems, I'm a WAY, WAY happy camper!!!!

Read through the threads and decide for yourself, best of luck to you! (Hopefully you'll be a proud new GX470 owner too!!!)

Last edited by lonewolf69; 06-15-05 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-15-05, 09:14 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Hi Kaloisa,

Welcome to Clublexus! I too am a brand new GX470 owner and I just love my vehicle. However, (I have my FLAME resistant pants on!!!), the GX470 are NOT without it's problems too. I would hate for you to jump off the VW bandwagon and think that the Lexus is 100% problem free.

I have not personally experienced ANY of the problems listed here (knock on wood...) and I hope never to have the pleasure of experiencing them, BUT they have been documented:

*Thump - After coming to a stop (eg, Red Light..) you would hear and FEEL a THUMP like getting bump by the car behind you, FIX is available from Lexus, documented.
*Mirrors - Power mirrors on the GX470 sometimes stick. Hitting the memorized settings doesn't bring the mirror back to the proper position
*Climate control - A little on noisy side and not "intelligent" some claim that it is too noisy and doesn't seem to keep the temp consistent
*Xenon lights - Not available, only 3rd party aftermarket kit available
*Vibration on Steering - users have noticed VIBRATION while driving on steering wheel

Off the top of my head this is all I can remember, but please keep in mind I'm not telling you this to scare you. These are the most SERIOUS problems that have been culled by 6 months of research before and after purchasing my vehicle and I'm proud to say, I couldn't be happier!!!

I've been hearing some HORROR stories on the Mercedes Benz, BMW and VW sites about their SUVs and if a little thump and mirrors not going back to original positions are all I have to face, instead of tranny and engine problems, I'm a WAY, WAY happy camper!!!!

Read through the threads and decide for yourself, best of luck to you! (Hopefully you'll be a proud new GX470 owner too!!!)
Well said lonewolf
I forgot, no XENON on the GX

I have no vibrations when I drive *cough* a little fast *cough* for a good pace and didn't realize that I was driving that fast Obviously if it was shaking, then I would've looked down at the speedo.
Actually this year, there was a recall on all/most Toyota/Lexus trucks and suvs up to 2004 regarding something? Sorry I forgot, somebody will chime in, I have a 2005 and kind of brushed it off.
Do read on in this forum and you can get the feel of the GX pros and cons.
Old 06-15-05, 11:26 AM
98Nav400
Driver

Thanks!
Not sure about your Lease questions...But in regards to the vehicle I can relate:

I had a 2004 Touareg that was repurchased by VW shortly into my ownership (you can read between the lines here). Coming from a GS400 I decided to go back into a Lexus. The GX fit both my personality and pocket book the best from the Lexus line up. I got a fully loaded Pine Silver/Gray minus KDSS and have been very happy with it. In direct comparison with the GX to Touareg:

GX ++ = It seems to do everything well with little effort. The Navigation is LIGHT YEARS better than the VW model. Reliability has been impecable and the service departments treat you very well -- unlike VW. Status--My GX and Touareg cost virtually the same; I get five times more compliments on the GX to the effect of my business must be going well etc--which can be good and bad.

VW ++ = Much more personality and sport. Even with my horrible VW experience I still give credit to the VW for being very entertaining to drive spirited through the mountains. The GX w/o KDSS doesn't handle nearly as well and is frankly a little boring on long commutes. The Bi-Xenons on my VW were phenominal, the GX's halogens don't even come close. The VW had many more gadgets to play with (often the source of reliability problems).

With the above being said, I am glad I made the switch and will continue to drive this rig for sometime. It is hard for me to imagine that I will be considering any other vehicle than a Lexus in the future given my VW experience. If I were you, I would consider the lease cost difference with the GX having Nav; I think without it you are driving a different vehicle.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 06-15-05, 11:31 AM
allisonb1013
Driver

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I leased back in Jan 05 (when they barely came out), $1500 down, $648/month including tax for 36 months for
12k miles/year. I believe the price was about $47,400 for the GX. I think you're paying a little too much for a basic GX, with no navigation, more than me. I could be wrong b/c of different factors, the extra 6k per year, depending how fast the GX is going off the lot.........
don't forget the region you are in. i'm from CT too, and our GX prices are pretty close to sticker with no wiggle room. i know at Hoffman the GXs are 99% sold before they reach the lot!!

i have and 04 with only the 3rd row seat, and spoiler. i'll look at what i paid for it, the price will obviously be different, but it might give you a good ballpark to work with.
Old 06-17-05, 02:12 PM
LongoLexus
Driver School Candidate

I am the internet sales manager at longo lexus. I can run some figures for you to see if you actually have a good deal or not. All i need is your zip and your credit score.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-05, 05:13 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks!
HOLY SMOKES!! that's a great lease rate. there are some problems with the GX, but there are more good things about it than bad things. and especially that it's been out for 2 years now, the newer ones shouldn't be THAT problematic.
Old 06-20-05, 05:29 AM
Quant
Driver School Candidate

What are some of the "many more gadgets to play" that VW has?

When comparing the GX to other luxury cars in the range, I was surprised how weak the Lexus feature-set was. For a truck worth this much, I expected it to have almost all the stuff you'd want, at least as an option. Maybe this is just the first gen GX; even the RX has more.

That said, I'm a not dissatisfied customer. The reliability more than compensates for the lack of features.
Old 06-20-05, 10:21 AM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Quant
What are some of the "many more gadgets to play" that VW has?

When comparing the GX to other luxury cars in the range, I was surprised how weak the Lexus feature-set was. For a truck worth this much, I expected it to have almost all the stuff you'd want, at least as an option. Maybe this is just the first gen GX; even the RX has more.

That said, I'm a not dissatisfied customer. The reliability more than compensates for the lack of features.
What do you mean? The only thing I can think of is the headlamps (xenon w/ AFS). What else is the GX missing?
Old 06-20-05, 12:57 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

*XM Satelite Radio
*Turning/Blinking side mirrors
*Lighted door sills on ala RX330 (*Nice* effect to see LEXUS brightly lit when door is open)
*Lift Gate (automatic) like the RX330, didn't like the side opening door, LOVED the AUTO on RX330
*Self cleaning headlamps (washer system) wipers would be a PLUS instead of just spray
*Night Vision (LX470)
*COOLING seats, in addition to our already FINE heated seats
*CD player should have CD-TEXT enabled to show the name of the CD and Title of song
*External/user accessible A/V input on so it is easier to add IPOD and/or PS2/XBOX
*Driver/Passenger "swing" open storage compartments on door, my Acura has them, oversight on GX
*Emergency collision detection system - RADAR in front senses if/when crash in imminent and uses abs and traction control to TRY to save driver and vehicle from crash
*Parking sensors (yes I know we have rear camera) but this would a welcome addtional on my part
*XENON headlights standard (Although Xenon Depot's kit is OUT OF THIS world GREAT!!!!)*
*Keyless AND Remote engine start
***Auxiliary GENERATOR to POWER all of these gadgets***

Whew, with all this said, I still LOVE my GX....

I would just happen to LOVE it even more with all these additional gadgets. Speaking as a gadget freak who just has to have the latest and greatest toys....

-BTW, please do NOT take this a complaint list for the GX, rather think of this a ADDITIONAL options to purchase for the GX

PS PS.... Hybrid GX470!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm, I would buy one in a HEARTBEAT!!!!
Old 06-21-05, 07:56 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Default ALL dealers will reduce prices...

Originally Posted by allisonb1013
don't forget the region you are in. i'm from CT too, and our GX prices are pretty close to sticker with no wiggle room. i know at Hoffman the GXs are 99% sold before they reach the lot!!

i have and 04 with only the 3rd row seat, and spoiler. i'll look at what i paid for it, the price will obviously be different, but it might give you a good ballpark to work with.
Your post is a common mis-conception. All dealers WILL negotiate downward to "get a sale". Your observance is a common selling technique of "taking the high road" and placing a premium on the brand. This has been the core of Lexus since it's inception.... "Customers will be happy to pay a little more to get a quality product" and for the most part this is accurate. However, the limit is variable and based on knowledge of the current marketplace. You are setting your knowledge against theirs and they sell cars everyday whereas we normally only do it every few years so naturally they have the edge. That's one of the great things about these public forums is that anyone can come on here and find out exactly how much negotiation is available around the country. In my case (Dec 04), the local dealer said they would not come much off sticker simply "because they were hot and flying off the lots". Essentially the same "no discount" policy line your dealer gave you. However, after researching I discovered that I could get not just hundreds off, but rather thousands off as well as a FREE 3rd row option (not a $2k bump as some dealers were trying to say). In the end I paid $46,700 for a $52,300 vechicle in one of the most popular colors on the market (Blizzard White) during one of the hotest periods of the year (business deduction applicable to 6100+ lbs vehicles) so YES, I think the original poster is getting charged FAR too much. Also placing money down on a lease is NEVER a good idea (Leasing 101). Thing about it, a lease is essentially a long term rental agreement because you have ZERO value at the end of the lease. If he DOES pay $4900 down, it's simply puire profit for the dealer. The ONLY way the original posters lease makes ANY sense is if they "waive" that $4,900 downpayment and essentially change it into a zero down offer IMHO

Last edited by bunka; 06-21-05 at 08:01 PM.