GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Switching Cars during a lease

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-05, 04:36 PM
SilvahGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching Cars during a lease

Hey Everyone,
A friend of mine currently has an '04 ES and he's been leasing it for about a year and a half. Recently, his wife gave birth to a third child. Since the ES is hers, it's pretty hard to carry around three kids( 10, 7, 3 months) in an ES. His other car is an E500( his second E-Class), and Mercedes approached him with an offer of adjusting the lease after the new E-Class came out in 2003, just 1 3/4 years after his lease. They've seen my GX and like the space and ride of it. Not to mention the great price. Does anyone know if Lexus does this towards the middle of the lease, as does Mercedes?

Thanks.
Old 06-12-05, 06:56 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Default No such thing...

Originally Posted by SilvahGX
Hey Everyone,
A friend of mine currently has an '04 ES and he's been leasing it for about a year and a half. Recently, his wife gave birth to a third child. Since the ES is hers, it's pretty hard to carry around three kids( 10, 7, 3 months) in an ES. His other car is an E500( his second E-Class), and Mercedes approached him with an offer of adjusting the lease after the new E-Class came out in 2003, just 1 3/4 years after his lease. They've seen my GX and like the space and ride of it. Not to mention the great price. Does anyone know if Lexus does this towards the middle of the lease, as does Mercedes?

Thanks.
There is no such thing as "Switching cars on a lease" but the dealers DO have ways of getting you out of a lease early (IF the first lease was done through the MFG). All you do is commute the first lease to the duration until now. There may well be additional $'s owed (as original contract states that even if you do turn in the car early, you still owe for the balanace of the payments) but if the dealership can make good $'s on it, they mnight be able to make the change happen for your buddy. One thing though, he is 110% at the mercy ofthe dealership so don't expect any discounts. He should also be willing to take (almost ANY GX that is on the dealers lot) for the consessions as well. He doesn't like red yet they've been trying to "unload" the red one for over three months... Congratulations on you new red GX... Nothing in this world is free...(It only "seems" that way to the un-educated).
Old 06-13-05, 05:19 PM
SilvahGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bunka
There is no such thing as "Switching cars on a lease" but the dealers DO have ways of getting you out of a lease early (IF the first lease was done through the MFG). All you do is commute the first lease to the duration until now. There may well be additional $'s owed (as original contract states that even if you do turn in the car early, you still owe for the balanace of the payments) but if the dealership can make good $'s on it, they mnight be able to make the change happen for your buddy. One thing though, he is 110% at the mercy ofthe dealership so don't expect any discounts. He should also be willing to take (almost ANY GX that is on the dealers lot) for the consessions as well. He doesn't like red yet they've been trying to "unload" the red one for over three months... Congratulations on you new red GX... Nothing in this world is free...(It only "seems" that way to the un-educated).
Thanks for the reply, in that case, I think he should just try to manage with the ES. The GX is certainly a superb beast and is a great value!
Old 06-16-05, 05:34 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Couple of things

Lexus ENCORE customers are sometimes offered the opportunity to terminate their lease early and get into a new Lexus vehicle lease. I think there is one going on right now for leases ending by Dec 31 of this year (but I could be wrong about the date - I knew my lease didn't meet the criteria)

The other thing that he can try is www.swapalease.com - my brother just did this to get by for another 10 months (at which point he will be leasing/buying a new IS) It costs like $50 to get registered, but then you can post your car to transfer the lease to someone and it can be done via auction style bidding, or straight up. It works pretty good from what I can tell...they don't do any of the paperwork for you though, they just connect buyers and sellers.
Old 07-25-05, 11:39 PM
SilvahGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Johnny Mo
Lexus ENCORE customers are sometimes offered the opportunity to terminate their lease early and get into a new Lexus vehicle lease. I think there is one going on right now for leases ending by Dec 31 of this year (but I could be wrong about the date - I knew my lease didn't meet the criteria)

The other thing that he can try is www.swapalease.com - my brother just did this to get by for another 10 months (at which point he will be leasing/buying a new IS) It costs like $50 to get registered, but then you can post your car to transfer the lease to someone and it can be done via auction style bidding, or straight up. It works pretty good from what I can tell...they don't do any of the paperwork for you though, they just connect buyers and sellers.
I am EXTREMELY sorry for the late late late reply! I just totally forgot about this thread, and I haven't really been on this forum much recently because I've been really busy this month! Thank you so much for the website, it seems quite helpful. I'll definitely show it to him, but I think he's fine with the ES for now. However, this website might become useful for me later on in the future, seems good! Thanks again!