GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-05, 07:42 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth Question

I also posted this on the LX board since I know the system in my LC is the same as that. I know I own a Land Cruiser, but I'm hoping the systems are similar.

Is there a way to "quickly" bypass the Bluetooth handsfree option for a particular call?

I have the Motorola V551. I successfully made the connections, and downloaded the address books to the Land Cruiser from both my phone and my wife's. The system seems to work flawlessly.

I just want to know if I can quickly transition to a handset, let's say for privacy if I have someone else in the car or if it get's too noisy.

I know I can turn off Bluetooth on the phone, but while on a call it would take a couple of steps.

I did look through the setup menus on the truck and nothing stands out. I'm going to comb through the trucks owner's manual again to see if I missed something.

THoughts?
Old 04-21-05, 08:39 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Have been using bluetooth for at least two years before I had my GX, same problem with the BLUETOOTH headset (Phone and Headset matching Sony Ericsson) and unfortunately the answer is no...

Maybe the Motorola is different but I doubt it, as by default BLUETOOTH protocol is set for "active" scanning for incoming signel...

I usually just ask the caller to call back later... or I hang up and redial with bluetooth off, ambient noise (kids, traffic, "spouse" , other instances) will affect BLUETOOTH operation...
Old 04-21-05, 11:00 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Have been using bluetooth for at least two years before I had my GX, same problem with the BLUETOOTH headset (Phone and Headset matching Sony Ericsson) and unfortunately the answer is no...

Maybe the Motorola is different but I doubt it, as by default BLUETOOTH protocol is set for "active" scanning for incoming signel...

I usually just ask the caller to call back later... or I hang up and redial with bluetooth off, ambient noise (kids, traffic, "spouse" , other instances) will affect BLUETOOTH operation...
I think I figured out a work around. I just set up a shortcut to turn on/off the Bluetooth feature on my phone.

"Menu"+"2" = On
"Menu"+"3" = Off

So while I'm on the call and if I hit Menu 3, it should terminate the connection and ask me if I want to continue the call. I'll try it out and let you know.
Old 04-21-05, 12:39 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gohawks63
I also posted this on the LX board since I know the system in my LC is the same as that. I know I own a Land Cruiser, but I'm hoping the systems are similar.

Is there a way to "quickly" bypass the Bluetooth handsfree option for a particular call?

I have the Motorola V551. I successfully made the connections, and downloaded the address books to the Land Cruiser from both my phone and my wife's. The system seems to work flawlessly.

I just want to know if I can quickly transition to a handset, let's say for privacy if I have someone else in the car or if it get's too noisy.

I know I can turn off Bluetooth on the phone, but while on a call it would take a couple of steps.

I did look through the setup menus on the truck and nothing stands out. I'm going to comb through the trucks owner's manual again to see if I missed something.

THoughts?
I actually have a MUCH faster method for you. I don't know if this works on the Lexus system (my GX is an 04 without BT) but on my Acura TL all I have to do is push the voice recognition button and say "transfer". The Acura NAVI/Handsfree then shuts down the BT session to the phone and I can then continue to talk/listen "privately" on the phone itself. At that point, you cannot use any of the handsfree headsets as the transfer function essentially is transferring off the bluetooth ports but it works great for privacy. It does take about 5 seconds to complete the transfer though. Maybe you could try this on your system and let us know if it works.
Old 04-22-05, 03:51 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gohawks63
I think I figured out a work around. I just set up a shortcut to turn on/off the Bluetooth feature on my phone.

"Menu"+"2" = On
"Menu"+"3" = Off

So while I'm on the call and if I hit Menu 3, it should terminate the connection and ask me if I want to continue the call. I'll try it out and let you know.

FYI. This method works perfectly.