GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Nav assistance - It doesn't REALLY work this poorly, does it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-04, 08:42 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav assistance - It doesn't REALLY work this poorly, does it?

I am seeking a little guideance from senior NAVI owners here. I already have NAVI in another car so I am coming at this from that point of reference.... (#1) I can't seem to program a POI into the system while moving. This is important because as everyone knows, your destinations CAN change in mid route. In my Acura, I would simply have someone else enter the information. I did (breifly) see that the NAV screen can be brought up in the rear. Can the destination also be selected that way? Can my passenger change/select a route (from the front seat) while I drive? I can do this in my Acura so I expect to be able to do this in this truck. Is this a personal setting? If so, just reply RTFM and I'll do so. (#2) According to my NAVI (version 4.01) there are ABSOLUTELY no Home Depot stores in Charlotte, NC. This CAN'T be accurate (or even a mistake of the system). I figure it HAS to be something I am doing. Is there a specific NAVI section to this forum I should be cruising? BTW - Other than the NAVI headaches, we LOVE this truck!
Old 11-28-04, 07:48 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can change poi's and destinations from the back seat not the front while driving
unless you do the nav hack

and the nav dvd updates sections not the whole us
Old 11-28-04, 10:38 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Default more info?

Is there a thread to the NAV hack? Could one of you try to find a Home depot in Charlotte and see if it's just me? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-04, 11:32 AM
luckylex
Rookie

According to the tutorial at the lexus.com site, you should be able to mark a poi while moving when you are in the map view screen (not destination), by clicking on the poi icon, then information, then mark. However, it says that while in destination screen you cannot enter a "memory point" (i.e., your home) unless you are stopped. I don't know this from actual use, only from the tutorial. However, I don't see how you can change the destination while driving.

On further review, you can also "mark" a location in map view while you are moving, but you have to be stopped to enter information manually (i.e., enter the address of "your home").

Last edited by luckylex; 11-28-04 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-28-04, 12:54 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Home

You can set your NAV to Go Home at any time while moving. Press DEST and then press on the little house at the left hand bottom corner of the screen.

~ Cap