GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

proud owner of 2 lexus babies

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-04, 01:46 PM
amwendwa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proud owner of 2 lexus babies

Hi fellow lexos,

I currently own a 2002 GS300 and love it. My wife had a 2005 C230K, which she loved but, since our family is growing we needed a bigger car that offered the 3rd row seat. We looked at the Cadillac SRX V8, MB ML350 and GX 470. I couldn't believe how cheap the SRX looked inside. Aside from the ergonomics the car handled extremely well. I haggled on the price and brought the SRX down to about $45K, it had everything else but the nav. As for the ML 350 I got that down to $38K. Overall the truck sucks, I hope I don't offend anyone. Finally we decided to look at the GX, since we have had nothing but great experience dealing the the Lexus family (dealership service and product). All it took was sitting in the car, Good God! This is one beautiful machine. I could not pull my wife out. Our objective was to get something in the low 40's, yeah right. Anyway, I got an '04 GX 470, Blue Ash Mica with tan interior, 3rd row seat, tow hitch etc. for $48K even. Talk about service, I was able to get the ding protection for our 2002 GS300. Now that's service.

Old 10-28-04, 03:28 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious. Did you purchase from a Lexus dealer in the area? I bought my wife an `04 GX470 (Silver Pine Metallic/Ivory leather) from Lexus of Silver Spring 2 weeks ago. It has the Mark Levinson system, voice-activated nav, back-up camera, roof rack, tow hitch, rear spoiler, heated front seats, and third-row seats; the sticker was $49,700, and the dealer took $3,000 off the sticker price. My wife ADORES this truck! I also have an `04 SC430. I like riding in her GX 470 more than in my SC. I had a clear bra installed on the GX; it covers everything in the front - bumper, hood, lights, and side mirrors. I have one on my SC as well and I highly recommend this protection (it's a 3M product and it's the same materal that's used to cover helicopter and airplane propeller blades).
Old 10-28-04, 06:02 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Clear bra

LeslieRC if you don't mine how much was the clearbra (install) ? We getting our GX tomorrow and we think about doing the clearbra. but not the 3M is the product from Llumar . anybody got this on their car or truck ? Thanks.
Old 10-28-04, 06:10 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

congrats!
Old 10-28-04, 08:21 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Clear bra

Originally posted by angelslex
LeslieRC if you don't mine how much was the clearbra (install) ? We getting our GX tomorrow and we think about doing the clearbra. but not the 3M is the product from Llumar . anybody got this on their car or truck ? Thanks.
I did some research before I installed the bra on my SC and what I learned was that the material is made by 3M, but may go by different names depending on the name of the company that is distributing/installing. The company that did my SC and GX is called "Proform". They are located in Ellicot City, Maryland and they also are one of the Team Lexus sponsors. To cover the entire front of the GX470 cost $1,000; that includes a lifetime warranty. I've heard that the price for this type of work can vary, so it may be cheaper in your area. BTW, Lexus will be offering a clear bra on the `05 SC430 as an option, but it will only cover a small part of the hood with a 4yr./50K mile warranty.
Old 10-29-04, 05:36 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Thanks LeslieRC. how you ever seen some with the product from Llumar?

Last edited by angelslex; 10-29-04 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-29-04, 06:00 AM
amwendwa
Rookie

LeslieRC, are you saying you got the GX for $46,700. I purchased from Lexus of Rockville. I heard lexus was throwing in the 3rd row seat at no charge. My wifes GX has everything but the rear entertainment system.
Old 10-29-04, 07:54 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by amwendwa
LeslieRC, are you saying you got the GX for $46,700. I purchased from Lexus of Rockville. I heard lexus was throwing in the 3rd row seat at no charge. My wifes GX has everything but the rear entertainment system.
Yes, $3,000 off the sticker; that discount did not include the shipping fee of $650 and about $2,600 for Md. taxes and tags. Have to add-in those charges. So, total to me (vehicle, shipping, taxes and tags) to drive off the lot was $49,950. My 3rd-row seats were no-cost as well. Sounds like yours and mine are about the same.
Old 10-29-04, 07:59 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by angelslex
Thanks LeslieRC. how you ever seen some with the product from Llumar?
I'm not familiar with "Llumar", but it's probably the same type of material. Does it come with a warranty? I've had the Proform on the SC since May, and besides protecting the front-end the Proform has not discolored or dried-out. Whatever product you decide upon, make certain that you cover the lights, bumper, and side mirrors in addition to the hood. Also, make certain that your product and installation is warranted.
Old 10-29-04, 03:11 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Default Understanding price

Originally posted by amwendwa
I guess part of the confusion is in the term "everything". Yours doesn't have KDSS, does it?

Last edited by bunka; 10-29-04 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-29-04, 05:08 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Understanding price

Originally posted by bunka
I guess part of the confusion is in the term "everything". Yours doesn't have KDSS, does it?
I guess I'm not up-to-date. What's "KDSS"?
Old 10-29-04, 05:22 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You're joking, right?
Old 10-29-04, 06:09 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Thanks LeslieRC.
Old 11-01-04, 12:44 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gs400jon
You're joking, right?
Wasn't joking, just not familiar with the acronym KDSS - Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System. Yes, my GX did come equipped with KDSS. I believe that the only feature that wasn't on the vehile was the rear entertainment system.
Old 11-01-04, 02:06 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by LeslieRC
Wasn't joking, just not familiar with the acronym KDSS - Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System. Yes, my GX did come equipped with KDSS. I believe that the only feature that wasn't on the vehile was the rear entertainment system.
You're not sure if you have the rear entertainment system? The window sticker will tell you what's on the truck. Hard to believe you would pay for KDSS and not even know what it is and not know if you have the DVD player or not. Out this way, all the KDSS optioned trucks are fully loaded.

Quick Reply: proud owner of 2 lexus babies