GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

SPC Product!!! Bad mechanic !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-14, 01:35 AM
jclove1688
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPC Product!!! Bad mechanic !!!

Does anybody know what going on with spc ball joint .. took it to the motorsport shop lowered my gs 450h on tanabe spring nf 210 couple week ago.. look perfect .. after done.. went to alignment shop.. and they told me to get camber kit on it cause it running on the toe...negative.."Stock spring also give me negative eating my tire from inside toe"... so they did whatever they can just to help me... So i order spc product that i heard on this lexus forum is good for my car ...camber kit front and back... but went back to the motorsport shop they installed the spc camber on my gs 450... Done..and guess what happen!!!ONE Front Passenger went up 3/4 of inch like and one inch... or so.. can see the difference and feeling it went back up the rest look real good... talk to my mechanic told him this is a mickey mouse ***** when installing camber kit on my car.. He said it perfectly fine Normal just tell my alignment guy to put weight on the passenger suspension im like... huh?? O.K. But i know it couldn't be done ...So that why im stuck on 1 leg suspension... I'm in Los angeles area i need really good mechanic guy to fix this problem...Or help me solve this problem... It can help me...Oh one more thing is that the mechanic guy work on my front had a very had time taking apart my suspension both front .. bang.. "hammer " on my suspension just to take the old ball joint . also i paid 120 american dollar just to be install all.. i know it not the spc product it my damn mechanic !!!

Last edited by jclove1688; 06-21-14 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-19-14, 05:09 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

he probably didn't install the ball joint properly cause one of the sides to be higher than the other.

also check and make sure you don't have spring spacers in there.

everything is supposed to be in nice and tight and the spc ball joint in the front slide into the upper control arm.

the rears you can only get an alignment so much because of the links. you need more than just a camber kit to get the rears straight. im towing in because i don't have the the other arms. just the camber kit.
Old 06-19-14, 09:19 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
he probably didn't install the ball joint properly cause one of the sides to be higher than the other.

also check and make sure you don't have spring spacers in there.

everything is supposed to be in nice and tight and the spc ball joint in the front slide into the upper control arm.

the rears you can only get an alignment so much because of the links. you need more than just a camber kit to get the rears straight. im towing in because i don't have the the other arms. just the camber kit.
Theres plenty of rear toe adjustment on the GS. Just the chamber isnt, so makes it more difficult to correct toe.
Old 06-20-14, 10:00 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Theres plenty of rear toe adjustment on the GS. Just the chamber isnt, so makes it more difficult to correct toe.
? how without the arms?

I know theres a toe adjustment but the arms are preventing them from towing straight.
Old 06-20-14, 10:32 AM
On3racing
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GS is built with the driver side higher than the passenger side. You will need coilovers to make both sides even. When I installed my SPC ball joint it did rise it back up alittle. I had to adjust my coilovers to lower it back down.
Old 06-20-14, 01:24 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

I would remove the front ball joints and just run OEM, your springs are ok with OEM.
Old 06-21-14, 12:20 AM
jclove1688
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by uberEJ
? how without the arms?

I know theres a toe adjustment but the arms are preventing them from towing straight.
yes that alsolute true....
Old 06-21-14, 12:25 AM
jclove1688
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by On3racing
The GS is built with the driver side higher than the passenger side. You will need coilovers to make both sides even. When I installed my SPC ball joint it did rise it back up alittle. I had to adjust my coilovers to lower it back down.
but that dont true.... why driver side is good and passenger is bad the same measure for all front and back should be the same... 25 1/2 inch same all in one front and all back the same measure but the passenger side is 26 1/4.. .... huh.... mmmmm that weird ... when i check that ball joint is put in correctly.....
Old 06-21-14, 12:27 AM
jclove1688
Driver School Candidate

I would remove the front ball joints and just run OEM, your springs are ok with OEM.
oem ball joint no .. cause im lower... im eating toe when im in stock spring...
Old 06-21-14, 03:06 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jclove1688
oem ball joint no .. cause im lower... im eating toe when im in stock spring...
Your eating toe in the front or rear? GS's some have issues with the rear, which is what I had. SPC rear chamber bars cured my rear toe issue.

Tanabe NF (Nice Feel) is hardly a drop, if you were on the DF then maybe justifiable. NF oem is fine, theres plenty of people running them with out any issues.

I think you have one of two issues

A: Your car was in an accident that has tweaked your suspension
B: Your alignment guy doesnt know what he is doing
Old 06-21-14, 11:31 AM
On3racing
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jclove1688
but that dont true.... why driver side is good and passenger is bad the same measure for all front and back should be the same... 25 1/2 inch same all in one front and all back the same measure but the passenger side is 26 1/4.. .... huh.... mmmmm that weird ... when i check that ball joint is put in correctly.....
Make sure the ball joint is sitting correctly. Also, Check the spring if it is sitting correctly too.
Old 06-21-14, 05:40 PM
jclove1688
Driver School Candidate

Your eating toe in the front or rear? GS's some have issues with the rear, which is what I had. SPC rear chamber bars cured my rear toe issue.

Tanabe NF (Nice Feel) is hardly a drop, if you were on the DF then maybe justifiable. NF oem is fine, theres plenty of people running them with out any issues.

I think you have one of two issues

A: Your car was in an accident that has tweaked your suspension
B: Your alignment guy doesnt know what he is doing
all side eating toe front and back....
check the spring nothing wrong...i think it the arm that hold the suspension ...