GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Which Vaistech Model?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-14, 09:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ARISTOh
What it needs is a auxiliary port or a 3.5mm port. How does this unit compare to the Audiovox/DICE Mediabridge?
but other phones will likely have BT as well, why not just connect and play through BT?
Old 03-13-14, 12:08 AM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never buy anything again from vaistech! I was completely misled and given the wrong info on my ML+, even after clearly saying what I wanted to do with it. Never never again. I would not recommend to anyone.
Old 03-13-14, 08:11 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
but other phones will likely have BT as well, why not just connect and play through BT?
Not sure about anybody else but I've been on drives and when using my tape adapter have given it to a passenger to play music as well..now if BT is my only option that means every passenger who gets into my car who will want to share their playlist will have to pair to my car...I'd rather give them a 3.5mm jack and keep the BT connection to myself.
Old 03-13-14, 10:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Not sure about anybody else but I've been on drives and when using my tape adapter have given it to a passenger to play music as well..now if BT is my only option that means every passenger who gets into my car who will want to share their playlist will have to pair to my car...I'd rather give them a 3.5mm jack and keep the BT connection to myself.
they pair to the vaistech unit, not your car. so the car phone system is still connected to your phone. i would assume the biggest inconvenience would be to connect your phone to the vaistech BT unit again when passengers are out of the car. it's really hard for me to consider that a big problem
Old 03-14-14, 03:19 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twylie
Looking forward to your review. I spoke to VAIS support the other day to make sure it would still allow my phone to pair to the car. Looks like you can pair multiple BT devices to the phone although it can only use one profile at a time and as long as the car is paired as "Integrated Handsfree" and the VAIS is as an audio device, it should work fine.

I have a Gen 4 Nav system and can't take advantage of the MML, but will replace my Sl2i with the new SL3B unit soon.
Right, up to 7 BT connections at once. A practical limit is 3 or 4 is Apple saying.
Old 03-14-14, 09:30 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Is there any sound quality difference between this BT unit and let's say the Audiovox Mediabridge or the iSimple or the Grom? If so.. Why?
Old 03-15-14, 05:11 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Is there any sound quality difference between this BT unit and let's say the Audiovox Mediabridge or the iSimple or the Grom? If so.. Why?
Is there any quality difference between American and Japanese cars. If so...why?
Old 03-17-14, 07:51 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Is there any quality difference between American and Japanese cars. If so...why?
Im not asking about cars I am asking about Bluetooth technology which unlike you I do not have a college degree in sir/madam. I asked a simple question if you know the answer please enlighten me.

Thank You

Last edited by ARISTOh; 03-17-14 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-18-14, 12:12 PM
hanuman
Rookie

Well I can comment on the i simple installed first, Vais tech which I have installed now. The audio quality seems very similar on both the sound is very crisp and clear, CD quality. My ears at least don't hear the difference.

I considered the Grom unit however I did not like the interface. There is another unit out there called GTA look it up on you tube it maybe something to consider also.

I hope that helps.
Old 03-18-14, 03:05 PM
d6lc
Driver School Candidate

Hanuman,

Do you have the hardwired or BT unit?
Old 03-18-14, 04:40 PM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hanuman
Well I can comment on the i simple installed first, Vais tech which I have installed now. The audio quality seems very similar on both the sound is very crisp and clear, CD quality. My ears at least don't hear the difference.

I considered the Grom unit however I did not like the interface. There is another unit out there called GTA look it up on you tube it maybe something to consider also.

I hope that helps.
Was this the bluetooth or wired module?
Old 03-19-14, 05:51 AM
hanuman
Rookie

Guys the i simple had BT it was ok. You could do both wire, USB or bt, The Vais is hardwired via USB. I can use my ipod or flash drive. Full ipod controls.
Old 03-19-14, 07:48 AM
Stoodo
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

The Grom Audio stuff gets overlooked in this forum a lot. I have this BT adapter and it is ~$100 cheaper than the Vaistech and you can have an Aux or Ipad cable.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/bt3_a...e_adapter.html

Old 03-19-14, 09:22 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stoodo
The Grom Audio stuff gets overlooked in this forum a lot. I have this BT adapter and it is ~$100 cheaper than the Vaistech and you can have an Aux or Ipad cable.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/bt3_a...e_adapter.html

It is mostly the same story: Comparison by price and buying the cheaper one. In many cases, especially when the difference is huge, there is either not the same quality or the same functionality. Only those can compare who are buying the cheap one and in case of failure a better solution. For the others here is the differentiator why I highly recommend to buy a Vaistech:

- Browsing for iOS devices with full text display
- Text Info is displayed
- Basic controls from the radio are present
- SL3b has is a charging port to charge also other devices

Just my 2c to help comparing Apples with Apples and not with Oranges.
Old 03-19-14, 09:32 AM
Stoodo
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by whitetooth
- Browsing for iOS devices with full text display
- Text Info is displayed
- Basic controls from the radio are present
- SL3b has is a charging port to charge also other devices

Just my 2c to help comparing Apples with Apples and not with Oranges.
Another maker's bluetooth audio adapter is apples to apples. You are pointing out feature differences.

1. Perhaps handy for those using IOS.
2. Text info would be nice, but not necessarily worth $100
3. I don't know what you mean by basic controls of the radio. The Grom adapter does use the steering wheel controls.
4. What is the amperage on the charging port? Likely it is not the 2.1a needed to get a fast charge out of a tablet or Note3 type devices. A simple $10 device will do this properly.

Quick Reply: Which Vaistech Model?