GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
Old 12-16-14, 12:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

Aggressive sounding exhaust, not many options for my GS350!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 07:54 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
Sick on an AWD. I was thinking of doing that.. (the true dual exhaust pipes) and intake. What intake did you choose? There are not many options for the 3gs gs300. I've been looking for something but never find any in the classifieds. Also around much does that pipe set up run.
The intake is a DC Sports SRI4601 Short Ram Intake that i purchased on Amazon.com. Unless you want something used that's the only option for this car.

I posted a clip of what the intake sounds like with the stock exhaust below..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...kes-gs300.html

The exhaust work and mufflers were $400 however I underestimated what it would sound like inside of the car. I made the first post right after getting the exhaust and hadn't spent much time driving the car.

It sounds excellent when you start the car and driving around town is bearable because the RPM's are changing. On the expressway however its out right annoying, since the car stays at 2k - 2.5k RPM's the constant growl that bad boy makes will give you a headache. Also if you get on the gas to quick its a little on the raspy side.

I did some research and found that an X-Pipe will help with the raspy sound so I'm adding that and a resonator to each pipe this weekend. So all together I've spent $400 last week, $92 for a Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, $120 for two resonators and I'll probably have to spend another $100 in labor this weekend for a grand total of $712. (I'm glad my wife isn't on this site)

If I could do it again i would have left the exhaust alone but as long as the X-Pipe and resonators do their job I think ill be happy with the outcome.

There is however a noticeable power difference and my miles per gallon increased by 2-4 depending on how much I'm on the gas.

I'll post a pic after I get the rest of the work done this weekend.
Old 07-10-13, 10:44 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn sorry to hear you feel like you should of not done anything. I am happy with my top speed exhaust, sounds good and fitment is good enough. As far as that DC Sports SRI4601 Short Ram, it sounds good in the vid you linked!
Old 07-12-13, 11:16 AM
redb202
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm working with GThaus here in Chicago to get an ISx50 Meisterschaft exhaust to fit on a 3GS... We are just waiting for the exhaust to come in then the work will start.. IMO, it sounds pretty awesome. As soon as we get it done, I will definitely post a video here on this thread. I think the exhaust is gonna take a month to get since they're out of stock for that particular model. So we'll just have to wait.
Old 07-14-13, 02:44 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I did the x-pipe and resonators, I still have some droning inside the car but it's not bad now. The sound outside of the car is more refined but it feels like I cut my power gain in half. It still feels faster than stock but nothing like it did without the resonators. I've herd good things about Vibrant resonators so I'm going to have them switched with the cheap resonators the muffler shop put in.
Old 11-13-16, 04:58 PM
TJHouston
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YaMomma
The intake is a DC Sports SRI4601 Short Ram Intake that i purchased on Amazon.com. Unless you want something used that's the only option for this car.

I posted a clip of what the intake sounds like with the stock exhaust below..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...kes-gs300.html

The exhaust work and mufflers were $400 however I underestimated what it would sound like inside of the car. I made the first post right after getting the exhaust and hadn't spent much time driving the car.

It sounds excellent when you start the car and driving around town is bearable because the RPM's are changing. On the expressway however its out right annoying, since the car stays at 2k - 2.5k RPM's the constant growl that bad boy makes will give you a headache. Also if you get on the gas to quick its a little on the raspy side.

I did some research and found that an X-Pipe will help with the raspy sound so I'm adding that and a resonator to each pipe this weekend. So all together I've spent $400 last week, $92 for a Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, $120 for two resonators and I'll probably have to spend another $100 in labor this weekend for a grand total of $712. (I'm glad my wife isn't on this site)

If I could do it again i would have left the exhaust alone but as long as the X-Pipe and resonators do their job I think ill be happy with the outcome.

There is however a noticeable power difference and my miles per gallon increased by 2-4 depending on how much I'm on the gas.

I'll post a pic after I get the rest of the work done this weekend.
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here but my setup is identical to yours except my intake is the retain stage 2 by Takeda and it sounds great when cruising. You can hear a nice low exhaust note but it is far from a nuisance. It is like a constant reminder of all the power just waiting to be unleashed. I actually use the exhaust sounds to gauge the responsiveness of the car in the different drive modes since it isn't always apparent during normal driving.
Old 08-07-24, 05:31 PM
Zahur
1st Gear

Default I really like want to see your exhaust setup. Can you post a video

I really like want to see your exhaust setup. Can you post a video

Originally Posted by YaMomma
I did the x-pipe and resonators, I still have some droning inside the car but it's not bad now. The sound outside of the car is more refined but it feels like I cut my power gain in half. It still feels faster than stock but nothing like it did without the resonators. I've herd good things about Vibrant resonators so I'm going to have them switched with the cheap resonators the muffler shop put in.