GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

General Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-12, 03:15 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General Question

I was wondering if any 3GS owners have tried to make the headlamps come on when you Unlock the car with the Key. Like this happens on my other car when i unlock the car the headlamps come on at night automatically and if you dont open the door for a few seconds they would go back off and it would turn on again when you open the door so i was wondering if the same could be done to my 3GS where the lights would come on when unlocking the car with the key and also while opening the door.

Another thing i wanted to know was i have seen that most of the new cars the windows and Sun roof would open by keeping the unlock button pressed for a few seconds, so was wondering if there is a way to program the key fob to do that also. On my car i did it with the actual key from the Fob and when i turned it to the unlock position while in the key hole the windows and Sun roof opened and rolled back up when i turned it back to the lock position. I was wondering if the unlock button could be programed to do it by just keeping the unlock button pressed. If someone could help me out with these two things it would be a great help!!!

Thank you,
1SloGS
Old 09-27-12, 05:27 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Read your owners manual - it tells you how to retract the windows and sunroof by holding the unlock button on your key fob.
They aren't auto retracting, so as soon as you release the button before all the way down/back, they'll stop in that position.
Same for closing them from being left opened when you exit the car or if you accidentally retract them whilst the key is in your pocket, for example.

As for headlights coming on at unlock - sorry, but a stupid idea as it drains the battery for no intrinsic benefit.
Brighter door mirror lights (LED) would maybe be an option that's easily doable.
Old 09-27-12, 05:46 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boron
Read your owners manual - it tells you how to retract the windows and sunroof by holding the unlock button on your key fob.
They aren't auto retracting, so as soon as you release the button before all the way down/back, they'll stop in that position.
Same for closing them from being left opened when you exit the car or if you accidentally retract them whilst the key is in your pocket, for example.

As for headlights coming on at unlock - sorry, but a stupid idea as it drains the battery for no intrinsic benefit.
Brighter door mirror lights (LED) would maybe be an option that's easily doable.
Thanks for the help man and ill surely look into the manual and check out how its done.