GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vaistech ML+ Android full system integration

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-12, 09:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Vaistech ML+ Android full system integration

Just saw the folks over at Vaistech posting a video of their new system. This is so nice, talk about full scale integration!

http://www.youtube.com/user/vaistech
Old 06-13-12, 10:26 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! Just wow! First Android integration I've seen. Anymore info on what it's called and when it's going to be released?
Old 06-14-12, 01:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TWong350
Wow! Just wow! First Android integration I've seen. Anymore info on what it's called and when it's going to be released?
i think it's still called ml+ (don't quote me on that).

don't know exact release date but should be very soon. they have been working on this for a long time. they already have a waiting list so i say jump on it before the first batch is gone

i was quite speechless when i watched the video
Old 06-14-12, 01:55 AM
DR-JEKL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that looks trick!

I wonder how much this mod will sell for when its released?
Old 06-14-12, 02:46 AM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A'LKJSDKGJG[AEROIJFG;SKLDGJKLDJGADKJGA;LSDKFJAS;DLKFJA;SDLKJFKL;ADSJF;AKLDSFJDASA;SLDKFJASD;FJAL;KFJA;LKJFA;LSKJF;ADLSKJF;ALSKDJF;AKLDSFJKADLS;JFSDASDFSDFD

god i'm so ****ing tilted i have a 4th gen nav unit which is obv not compatible with this.
grrrrrrrrrrrrr i wish i would have realized this before getting my car i may just have gone with a 2007 just for the 5th gen nav.

i guess i'm going to just have to bite the bullet and swap out my head unit for a 2007+ head unit.

my other option is waiting for the new unit from absolute which is a single din flip up detachable android tablet/radio which looks pretty sweet tho it won't have the OEM look of the ML+.

sigh.
Old 06-14-12, 02:50 AM
tucker21
Pole Position

what is it about the 4th gen nav units that make it so they can't make these units compatible with them???

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease vaistech make it work i beg you.
you'll be my bestest friends ever and i'll name my first born baby "vaistech".
Old 06-14-12, 03:30 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

if your car doesnt have ML it will work with the 4th gens. i talked to Henry about this about a year ago when i was in the same boat with my 06 with ML. something about the amp in the 06s is the problem. i even went as far as trying to source an amp from the 07+
Old 06-14-12, 08:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by DR-JEKL
damn that looks trick!

I wonder how much this mod will sell for when its released?
the current ml+ retails for 500. vaistech is having a GB on that for 400 now. i have no idea how much this one will be, but my guess is (hopefully) somewhat in the same ballpark?

Originally Posted by tucker21
what is it about the 4th gen nav units that make it so they can't make these units compatible with them???

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease vaistech make it work i beg you.
you'll be my bestest friends ever and i'll name my first born baby "vaistech".
maybe vaistech can chime in more, but i know the system itself, gen5 (and 6) has a lot more features and capabilities that vaistech can leverage on to create / display what they have now. stuff that you can't really do with gen4 (even down to the basic sl2i-up). maybe that's the reason

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
if your car doesnt have ML it will work with the 4th gens. i talked to Henry about this about a year ago when i was in the same boat with my 06 with ML. something about the amp in the 06s is the problem. i even went as far as trying to source an amp from the 07+
that's the case for sl2vi, but i doubt on the ml+. iirc, the current ml+ is not compatible with any gen4 already?
Old 06-14-12, 02:07 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
if that was the case i would gladly replace my stock ML amp with an aftermarket amp and then run the ML+ system.

sadly i think romni is right and that would not work

i'm a very sad panda bear, i want this system so bad.
Old 06-14-12, 09:40 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

does anyone know if it would really be as simple as replacing the stock ML amp with an aftermarket amp compatible with the vaistech ML+ unit?

this would be the best news ever if true.
Old 06-14-12, 10:54 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hold up, where is the group buy for the ML+?
Old 06-14-12, 11:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

does anyone know if it would really be as simple as replacing the stock ML amp with an aftermarket amp compatible with the vaistech ML+ unit?

i really don't know the answer to that and if changing the amp is all you need. from what i was told the amp likely has something to do with it, but no details after that

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Hold up, where is the group buy for the ML+?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-day-sale.html
Old 06-15-12, 10:27 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately changing just the amp won't do anything. You need a high res screen in order for this unit to work, so you will need to change the whole audio system, screen, radio, and amp. In this case I think it'll be easier to change the car. Sorry tucker21....
Old 06-15-12, 04:48 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

velcro an Android tablet and it's good. :lol: j/k

Anyway, some of the buttons on this ML are a bit too small for my liking. I prefer Bluetooth streaming + tablet.
Old 06-16-12, 12:04 AM
tucker21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Unfortunately changing just the amp won't do anything. You need a high res screen in order for this unit to work, so you will need to change the whole audio system, screen, radio, and amp. In this case I think it'll be easier to change the car. Sorry tucker21....

i honestly would have got a 2007 instead of the 2006 had i known about this issue before hand.

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML+ Android full system integration