Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

GS 350 Jack Points?

Old 02-21-11, 10:06 PM   #1
DftMachine
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default GS 350 Jack Points?

So for the past two days, I've been detailing the Lexus and saw that the rims needed a good cleaning. I was going to clean each one off the car and the rear wheels, I got off after barely fitting my floor jack under the rear diff to lift the back end up. When I got to the front, my floor jack would not fit under the front bumper to get to the Lexus recommended jack point. So I tried going in from the side, which also did not work. I tried looking for an alternative lift point and found what I thought to be a good place at the time to place the jack. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I heard metal bend and immediately lowered the car. I'm usually not this dumb and would look for other solutions before just jacking the car up but I was tired and not thinking.

So I have two questions.
1) What did I put that nice dent into? I removed the rubber plug and felt around and I don't think, or I hope, it didn't hit anything above it. (image is attached below. That is the front passenger side.)

2) Where is a good jack point that a floor jack could access to lift the front up?

Any help would be appreciated
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

Old 02-22-11, 04:22 AM   #2
CAK 500
Lead Lap

Not sure about potential damage, but here is where you need to position jack/jack stands ... http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-t...sitioning.html
'07 GS350 RWD: 35% ceramic tint | LED side mirrors | Seat Clip update | Nav/BT override switch | G2 black calipers | F-Sport springs, sway bars, mats, shift ****, intake | 6000k HID lows and fogs | Putco 360 LED parking lights | DRL off | Aluminum pedals | Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's | Headliner mounted center brake light | Chrome door lock **** update
CAK 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 04:22 AM   #3
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

look at the pinch weld under the car. theres a notch in the pinch weld that you can use to jack the car up.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 06:22 AM   #4
scham21
Driver School Candidate

I did the same thing:/ did you ever get the damage accessed or figure out what that was that got crushed in??
scham21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 08:42 AM   #5
darinmg
Driver

I just had mine on jacks on all four corners and I used the main square frame tubing as the rest points. They seemed a little far toward the middle at first, but they worked fine. I didn't have good confidence in the pinch welds for some reason. Was on them for two days and left no dents on marks.
darinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 09:14 AM   #6
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX

nothing, don't worry about it You didn't damage anything in there.
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 09:14 AM

Tags
2006, 350, av, floor, front, gs, gs300, gs350, jack, jacking, jacks, lexus, located, point, points, put, rx330