GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Cheaper alternative to Prestigious Society Nav bypass module? (review starting #50)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-10, 09:58 PM
bolido
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cheaper alternative to Prestigious Society Nav bypass module? (review starting #50)

Edit: We have started posting reviews on page 4 of the Beat-sonic kit.

http://beatsonicusa.com/nav-dvd-bypa...ss-module.html

This is the link for the Japanese website:

http://www.world-beatsonic.com/tvnavi/?bland_id=1

Edit: Bought the kit already. Took some pics on pg 3.

Last edited by bolido; 01-14-11 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-29-10, 10:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

from my understanding, with beatsonic stuff you will still need to cut wires. if that's true, then it's a pretty stupid product imho, coz' you are doing more or less the same mod as others who cut wires but a lot more expensive
Old 12-29-10, 10:50 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
from my understanding, with beatsonic stuff you will still need to cut wires. if that's true, then it's a pretty stupid product imho, coz' you are doing more or less the same mod as others who cut wires but a lot more expensive
Just by looking at the pics its both plugs, I don't see how you would need to cut a wire. To the OP keep us updated as soon as you get more info. GREAT FIND
Old 12-29-10, 11:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Just by looking at the pics its both plugs, I don't see how you would need to cut a wire. To the OP keep us updated as soon as you get more info. GREAT FIND
i didn't say you have to cut all wires, but last i learned about it, cutting wire was still part of the game. maybe they improved it now that i can't say for sure. why not go try
Old 12-29-10, 11:27 PM
MizikeTSK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is there 2 different modules? Both have same description. Def keep us posted. I'm to much of a woos to hack my GS, not so much my IS.
Old 12-30-10, 04:19 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

someone posted a while back about a cheaper product than the PS kit. i believe they bought it on ebay for about $200. imo id go with the PS kit. it may be pricey but its well worth it imo.
Old 12-30-10, 07:33 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
someone posted a while back about a cheaper product than the PS kit. i believe they bought it on ebay for about $200. imo id go with the PS kit. it may be pricey but its well worth it imo.
I bought the Datasystems Japan kit for $200. But that is the same product as the PS kit. PS is the official US dealer for Datasystems.
Old 12-30-10, 10:33 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is no such thing as PS Kit

Datasystem is the MFG of this kit and always has been. If PS was selling this under there name then I could see why everyone calls it the PS kit. PS is only a distributor of the product. I have never dealt with them so I have nothing bad to say about them. They did a great job marketing this product since everyone thinks its truly a PS Kit.

You can buy this off eBay or from PS either way its the same kit.
Old 12-30-10, 11:06 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I dont think you can play DVD's with this kit.
Old 12-30-10, 11:09 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the mod can be done for a price of a switch and some wires.....2 bucks at most
Old 12-30-10, 12:03 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I dont think you can play DVD's with this kit.
My understanding is the more expensive kit supports nav/phone and dvd, the other one is just nav/phone
Old 12-30-10, 12:04 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin
the mod can be done for a price of a switch and some wires.....2 bucks at most
If you don't care about being turned away from warranty service if you have any future problems with the head-unit, bluetooth phone, navigation, etc.
Old 12-30-10, 12:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I would play it safe and go with the PS set up. In cars like this . I am considering a override on my LS460 but would only do it through PS/datasystems . I dont like my 50-75k cars being used as a guinea pig. LOL.

Good luck and keep us posted. As far as splicing and cutting wires I say hell no
Old 12-30-10, 03:43 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

The description of this device on their website suggests it doesn't require splicing any wires. That it is plug and play just like the PS kit.

I think its worth trying.

I have been looking at the stuff on their website and they have some very cool stuff which a lot of people have been asking for.

Obviously I have no idea how good these products are, but here is a list:
1) Automated door mirror retracting system. A circuit which you can add on which links the door mirror retraction to the door locks or ignition (there are 3 preset settings).
2) Multi-camera backup system which allows you to add side-view cameras to the backup camera display.
3) Rear view backup camera with guide. Worthwhile for those who have cameras, but the guides are static so its not a worthwhile upgrade for those who already have it.
4) Hidden switches. You can place these behind the dash to avoid drilling a hole for the switch. It can turn a small patch on your dash into a touch switch.
5) Nav override and Nav/TV override which we have been discussing.

I think if anyone is considering the nave bypass they should ask them to email you the manual so you can check there is not wire-cutting. if no wirecutting I would go for it. The $350 price for the Datasystems/PS kit is ridiculous.

Last edited by *Batman*; 12-30-10 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-30-10, 03:50 PM
bolido
Rookie

I called the US phone number and left them a VM (it was a google voice number). From the description the unit is supposed to be completely plug n play. Here is an extract from the JP website:

These plug and play module kits allow override of the lock out system equipped in your factory TV or Navigation/DVD system when the vehicle is in motion.
The NVK kits are equipped with manual functionality button where the override of the navigation lock out may be enabled simply by pressing the button included in with the kit.
The TVK kits are also equipped with manual functionality switch where the override of the TV/DVD lockout may be enabled simply by toggling the switch to "TV"
I also sent an email to beat-sonic japan with some questions. Will keep you guys updated

BTW, beat-sonic also has an Amazon and Ebay shops although they don't list the nav bypass modules. Not sure if they are all the same owner selling this stuff.

Last edited by bolido; 12-30-10 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Cheaper alternative to Prestigious Society Nav bypass module? (review starting #50)