GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Interior swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-15, 09:55 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior swap

So I was able to get a hold of a complete black interior set and was wondering if anyone knew the compatibility between a seat with seat warmers in a GS that didn't come equipped with that feature. I obviously wouldn't be able to utilize that feature in my car since it didn't come packaged but I was wondering if the rest of the seat adjustments would still work or is the plug completely different? If anyone could chime in who has done the swap, I'd appreciate it. I have a 1999 GS and the interior is from a 2004 GS so I'm wondering what issues I'll run into?
Old 04-28-15, 10:10 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Under my understanding of all vehicles, when it comes to different packages. Its easier and most likely cheaper to just make one set of harnesses for all the model/package cars and for cars without certain features, the complete harness will still there, but will just have plugs hanging there unused. This was the case in my other car with heads up display, some other models didnt have the heads up display, but the wires were still there and people would buy the HUD and install it and have it work 100% like if it came with it. What am I getting at? I believe there is no reason for you not to be able to utilize the seat warmers, all you would have to do is acquire a new center console with the 4 buttons needed to use them. Best way to be sure (before you buy it) is remove yours and see if there is an extra plug not being used. Kinda how you can swap a navi model GS to an after market unit and buy the climate control off a non navi unit GS, its the same plug for the climate control. Its been a while since I've removed mine, but I want to lean towards yes there is an extra harness under there. Also, removing the seat, do the same thing, see if there is an extra plug down there too. The plug for the seat functions should be exactly the same since the only difference between the seats is the one plug for the warmers.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 04-28-15 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-29-15, 12:10 AM
Wrath
Driver

I have a non-seat warmer model, and when I was putting in led's in the VSC/power switch, I really think I saw an extra pair of plugs hiding below the two switches that were unused and meant for seat warmers. I could be wrong be, but in the next week I was going to pry the VSC switch back to fix its led, because it blinks over bumps, so I'll take a pic of what see and post it here.
Old 04-29-15, 12:46 AM
Category5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea wrath good call, he's right there is an extra connection. I remember being kind of confused not knowing where I may have unplugged it from with nowhere for it to go lol
Old 04-29-15, 12:54 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes OP. Seat warmer harness is prewired. It's just missing the switch on center counsel. Hit up member aliga. Chances are he may have one.
Old 04-29-15, 06:54 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Well then! that's good to hear! Especially because I was bummed that it didn't come with the feature and thought it'll be a PIA to add. Thanks everyone for sharing that knowledge, appreciate it! Now I just gotta find time to tackle on this project..
Old 04-30-15, 03:33 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

No its not going to work sell it to me for cheap haha. j/k
Old 05-01-15, 09:04 AM
rbz32
Driver School Candidate

I have 2 extra seat warmer switches but one of the leds don't light up. ill take 20 shipped for both..
Old 05-01-15, 07:39 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rbz32
I have 2 extra seat warmer switches but one of the leds don't light up. ill take 20 shipped for both..
Just the switches or the console?
Old 05-04-15, 06:15 AM
rbz32
Driver School Candidate

I have both.. but the price I gave are just for the switches..
Old 05-05-15, 02:37 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Any chance you'd be willing to part with the leather cover from the bottom section of the passenger side seat? Just the leather, not the whole seat assembly.
Old 05-11-15, 07:48 AM
rbz32
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusK
Any chance you'd be willing to part with the leather cover from the bottom section of the passenger side seat? Just the leather, not the whole seat assembly.
TEXT me at 913-954-2185
Old 11-29-15, 01:17 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Okay so I'm waiting on my new console to come in and I found the plug for the buttons on the new console but also found two additional plugs and was wondering if anyone knew what they were used for? When I searched others have claimed it was just as simple as pluging in the single harness to the new console but seeing the extra two plugs under the storage bin is a bit confusing. anyone?

Console plug:

Two other plugs:

Old 11-29-15, 02:21 PM
GSBeliever
Rookie

If I'm not mistaken the additional plugs are the factory phone connector...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-arm-rest.html
Old 11-29-15, 06:58 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have a heat seat on your car or not? If I'm not mistaken they are for the 2 extra buttons to heat the seats.

Quick Reply: Interior swap