Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2001 GS430 Power Supply & Cigarette Lighter Fuse

Old 05-07-14, 03:18 PM   #1
ichiban310
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default 2001 GS430 Power Supply & Cigarette Lighter Fuse

Hey CL memebers

I have a 2001 Lexus GS430 and the power supply outlet and the cigarette lighter doesn't work at all. Like, if i use a iphone car charger to it, it won't charge my phone. I've been having a tough time looking for the fuse box to check the fuse to see if it needs to be replaced, and I cannot find it.

Can anyone help me by telling where i can look exactly so I can check? and if it is not the fuse. What else could be the problem?

Thanks a lot!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
ichiban310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 03:37 PM   #2
wbmx1981
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban310 View Post
Hey CL memebers

I have a 2001 Lexus GS430 and the power supply outlet and the cigarette lighter doesn't work at all. Like, if i use a iphone car charger to it, it won't charge my phone. I've been having a tough time looking for the fuse box to check the fuse to see if it needs to be replaced, and I cannot find it.

Can anyone help me by telling where i can look exactly so I can check? and if it is not the fuse. What else could be the problem?

Thanks a lot!
Mine was doing the same exact thing. I removed the whole ash tray assembly and removed the tiny nut from behind the lighter. Mine was just dirty. I put it all back and it works great. You'll need to remove the little panel on the back of the ash tray. It's very easy.

Last edited by wbmx1981; 05-07-14 at 03:41 PM..
wbmx1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 04:40 PM   #3
ichiban310
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmx1981 View Post
Mine was doing the same exact thing. I removed the whole ash tray assembly and removed the tiny nut from behind the lighter. Mine was just dirty. I put it all back and it works great. You'll need to remove the little panel on the back of the ash tray. It's very easy.
I'm gonna take a look at it right when I get home.THANKS A LOT!!!
ichiban310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 05:05 PM   #4
wbmx1981
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban310 View Post
I'm gonna take a look at it right when I get home.THANKS A LOT!!!

Remove that nut but be careful because there is a tiny washer there too. I just made sure everything was cleaned.
wbmx1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 05:05 PM