Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

OEM engine mounts vs Megan racing's

Old 03-13-14, 01:31 PM   #1
islexusred
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Default OEM engine mounts vs Megan racing's

Hey again!
Shopping for engine mounts for my gs400 as it still has the original mounts. Debating between OEM and Magan Racing, they both have identical pricing. From my reaches the OEM ones have soft rubber in them compare to Meagan's which are harden rubber. Any advice or suggestion which one should i get?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
islexusred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 01:41 PM   #2
YaKuZa_GS
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (13)

Well with the OEM mounts being softer its definitely a more comfortable ride. The stiffer mounts may cause a little more vibrations. My original mounts are pretty worn so I picked up a set of Megans and am having them installed next week. I'll let you know if I feel anything different if you don't get a response by then.
Old 03-13-14, 02:15 PM   #3
islexusred
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS View Post
Well with the OEM mounts being softer its definitely a more comfortable ride. The stiffer mounts may cause a little more vibrations. My original mounts are pretty worn so I picked up a set of Megans and am having them installed next week. I'll let you know if I feel anything different if you don't get a response by then.
You're doing yourself or talking it to a shop? I heard it's a tough job do to due to minuscule space to work on
islexusred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 02:32 PM   #4
Ava92
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)

For these cars I would stick to OEM. On a more performance oriented car I have gotten rigid mounts before and I liked them, the engine doesn't move when you stomp the throttle, and the vibrations are kind of cool (depends how stiff they are) If you have a 2jzge it's probably not going to transmit vibrations as much as the V8s due to the cyl layout.
Ava92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 02:32 PM