GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

AutoStart installed major problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-14, 10:50 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
yeah it will. The computer is the brain of the car so if it isn't working correctly, it can trigger all types of silly things. Like I said, your situation sounds very similar to mine. Everything was working, installed Viper auto start, then all hell broke loose. They uninstalled everything, but the problems were still there because the damage has been done. You BETTER not leave without having it in writing that these problems started after they installed the equipment. Once you leave, you foot the bill for everything. They have insurance for these types of things.
I have no check engine light all the lights are gone, but I did pop my hood and the alarm is going off it won't turn off with my oem fob, I had to disconnect the battery, I'm getting it all in writing, this is bull****, my alarm won't turn off I'm gonna have to drive home from work later with my alarm going off...
Old 01-09-14, 11:41 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

I know one of the guys down their he works at my work for us also, the alarm disengaged thank god about 20 seconds after I started it, I took it back down to my buddy and told him what's going on, I want it out now!!! It's down the street right now, if they can't take the whole thing out today he said they will disconnect everything like the brains of the autostarter, I told him if I continue to have problems I gotta go to lexus and I'm not paying that bill, the idiot kid who put dozens of these in can't do a lexus I guess, idiots, never again..
Old 01-09-14, 01:09 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by FlockoV8
I know one of the guys down their he works at my work for us also, the alarm disengaged thank god about 20 seconds after I started it, I took it back down to my buddy and told him what's going on, I want it out now!!! It's down the street right now, if they can't take the whole thing out today he said they will disconnect everything like the brains of the autostarter, I told him if I continue to have problems I gotta go to lexus and I'm not paying that bill, the idiot kid who put dozens of these in can't do a lexus I guess, idiots, never again..
Cool MAKE SURE you have it in writing with a manager signature on it. When I say writing, they should give you an incident claim document to fill out. The manager should sign off on this. Tell them that you are going to take it to the dealer and let them run their test to make sure everything is ok and they should foot the bill for that too. The LAST thing that you want is for your system to run ok for a couple of days and then **** hit the fan and YOU'RE liable for any expensive charges afterwards. I honestly didn't pay a dime. BestBuy insurance company was getting upset with me because I told Lexus to check each and every wire to make sure it to current specs and nothing outside of the computer was fried. I didn't want a situation to happen where I'm having electrical issues after it's handed back to me.The final bill was crazy high lol. I didn't mind care at all, they shouldn't have touched my car if they didn't have any idea what they were doing. After that, I backed away from auto start. I live in Houston where it isn't really needed now.
Old 01-09-14, 01:15 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry about that man. You were pretty excited about it too. Sucks when you get amped up to install a part just to find out that it creates nothing but problems. Atleast you're getting your funds back.

FYI, yea Lexus offered auto start on the GS as an option done at the dealer at the time of purchase
Old 01-09-14, 01:24 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by repugnante
Sorry about that man. You were pretty excited about it too. Sucks when you get amped up to install a part just to find out that it creates nothing but problems. Atleast you're getting your funds back.

FYI, yea Lexus offered auto start on the GS as an option done at the dealer at the time of purchase
It's alright man, it is what it is, yea I was very excited, now it's a nightmare...
Old 01-09-14, 01:26 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
Cool MAKE SURE you have it in writing with a manager signature on it. When I say writing, they should give you an incident claim document to fill out. The manager should sign off on this. Tell them that you are going to take it to the dealer and let them run their test to make sure everything is ok and they should foot the bill for that too. The LAST thing that you want is for your system to run ok for a couple of days and then **** hit the fan and YOU'RE liable for any expensive charges afterwards. I honestly didn't pay a dime. BestBuy insurance company was getting upset with me because I told Lexus to check each and every wire to make sure it to current specs and nothing outside of the computer was fried. I didn't want a situation to happen where I'm having electrical issues after it's handed back to me.The final bill was crazy high lol. I didn't mind care at all, they shouldn't have touched my car if they didn't have any idea what they were doing. After that, I backed away from auto start. I live in Houston where it isn't really needed now.
Lol wow, thank god I got no warning lights on, I think my oem fob needs reprogrammed maybe, idk but yea they better give me a claim form...
Old 01-09-14, 01:45 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

My buddy just called me and said that I need a passenger side door ecu? This might make sense cause my center bulb intermittently flashes when I set it to door and the doors are closed..anyone have one for sale?can someone please give me a part number?
Old 01-09-14, 05:12 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Default A headache of electrical problems..

Here are my symptoms, hopefully it's just a door ecu that needs to dry out because of all the snow we had, I've had these problems before but not this bad...can anyone shed any light please..

Power mode/Snow mode don't work
Gas light is flashing
Only my window works from main switch no other windows work unless u hit that switch on that door.
Gauges are brighter than the sun at night
Ac/heat don't work
Key fob don't work unlocking/locking
Pop the trunk/hood alarm goes off
Can't shift without override
Headlights are on but indicator on dash is not on...
Telescoping wheel does not work

Door ecu problems? Is it wet or shot? Anyone know which one it could be that had these problems, the drivers or passenger?

Last edited by DosyBoy; 01-09-14 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-09-14, 05:21 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

dang thats crazy... sorry to hear this didn't go as planned I know u were stoked when u got that voucher. On a side note... I never knew u could get this dealer installed either. Good to know. I just hope this didn't cause any additional damage that you have yet to come accross. Good luck - my SC came with it installed when i picked it up but dont think its a Viper or dealer install and works fine. Although the wiring is a lil diff from your newer GS.
Old 01-09-14, 11:28 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Upon further research I believe it to be a door ecu could of got wet? Passenger or drivers side I'm not sure.. I can't be the only one who experienced this...
Old 01-10-14, 06:11 AM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i would look at the body ecu. there are 2, one for either side. try the driver side body ecu first, you will have to use some diagrams to locate it, but im guessing its somewhere near the driver side fuse box kick panel area.

i would try to do a hard reset (unplugg, wait a big, replug)

if not, take it out, see if there is water damage?

has your windshield ever been replaced? there are stories of ppl replacing the windshield and having it not properly sealed causing water to damage over the body ecu's.

personally, i have a passenger side body ecu electrical issue every time it rains hard. my windshield has been replaced by the original owner. through diagnosis, i have the same issues where my windows dont work, door locks dont work, and strangely enough, something ive always wondered, how to change the F to C on the climate control, due to a electrical short.

but since yours is more driver side related, i would start on the driver side.
Old 01-10-14, 08:17 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
i would look at the body ecu. there are 2, one for either side. try the driver side body ecu first, you will have to use some diagrams to locate it, but im guessing its somewhere near the driver side fuse box kick panel area.

i would try to do a hard reset (unplugg, wait a big, replug)

if not, take it out, see if there is water damage?

has your windshield ever been replaced? there are stories of ppl replacing the windshield and having it not properly sealed causing water to damage over the body ecu's.

personally, i have a passenger side body ecu electrical issue every time it rains hard. my windshield has been replaced by the original owner. through diagnosis, i have the same issues where my windows dont work, door locks dont work, and strangely enough, something ive always wondered, how to change the F to C on the climate control, due to a electrical short.

but since yours is more driver side related, i would start on the driver side.

Thanks for your reply, yes windshield has been replaced, the Celsius Fahrenheit issue u wanna know about is on the passenger side kick panel their is an option for Canadian drivers for Celsius I forget how to do it though, my battery was dead this morning when I went to start it for work, I had to take my finances car to work I'm buying a new battery after work, I gotta get under there and see if anything is wet, I'm not sure what the ecu looks like on the drivers or passenger side, can someone chime in maybe please..

Last edited by DosyBoy; 01-10-14 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-10-14, 09:42 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it was the autostart that started this?
Old 01-10-14, 10:04 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gsean400
I thought it was the autostart that started this?
It was the auto start, I have an appointment to get it removed Monday, I'm praying it's an ecu fuse under the hood, they rarely ever just fry, if mine was fried bad I would have a cel, I don't have any... He could if tripped it while installing the auto start, I'll look after work, anyone know the location? Drivers side right?

Last edited by DosyBoy; 01-10-14 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-10-14, 02:41 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FlockoV8
It was the auto start, I have an appointment to get it removed Monday, I'm praying it's an ecu fuse under the hood, they rarely ever just fry, if mine was fried bad I would have a cel, I don't have any... He could if tripped it while installing the auto start, I'll look after work, anyone know the location? Drivers side right?
Yeah im assuming since our computers are connected to like everything they would have some sort of safety feature to prevent the ecu from getting fried. Btw i like your wheels our sigs look kinda the same. Thinking of painting my chrome 17s black if i dont put 20s on it. Goodluck and i hope u can get it fixed for cheap and get everything working again. this is why i dont trust ANYone

Quick Reply: AutoStart installed major problems