GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hearing noise from passenger front side

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-13, 03:25 PM
vlogs300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hearing noise from passenger front side

Sup CL, I just had new lower ball joints installed this Monday, and after getting it installed, I hear some time of clicking/creaking (metal to metal) noise coming from my passenger front side. I can't seem to figure out what that noise is coming from...I don't think it can be the ball joints because I JUST got it installed...so now I'm thinking it can be a bad wheel bearing, tie rod, tension rod, etc....if you guys experienced this noise before let me know as I'm trying to figure it out. Thanks!
Old 08-03-13, 12:31 PM
BBLexus
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe I have heard a similar noise coming from my vehicle but I didn't have work done...I just started to notice the noise. The Lexus Expert shop I go to checked it out and found it to be the front brakes. I noticed the issue when I back out of the garage in the morning and then again when I am going forward, I will hear it once the first time I apply the brakes. The sound doesn't appear again until I back up and then the cycle repeats. The pads shift and create a click. Does your vehicle experience the same?
Old 08-03-13, 01:37 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vlogs300
Sup CL, I just had new lower ball joints installed this Monday, and after getting it installed, I hear some time of clicking/creaking (metal to metal) noise coming from my passenger front side. I can't seem to figure out what that noise is coming from...I don't think it can be the ball joints because I JUST got it installed...so now I'm thinking it can be a bad wheel bearing, tie rod, tension rod, etc....if you guys experienced this noise before let me know as I'm trying to figure it out. Thanks!
Join the club....
Old 08-03-13, 08:44 PM
vlogs300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBLexus
I believe I have heard a similar noise coming from my vehicle but I didn't have work done...I just started to notice the noise. The Lexus Expert shop I go to checked it out and found it to be the front brakes. I noticed the issue when I back out of the garage in the morning and then again when I am going forward, I will hear it once the first time I apply the brakes. The sound doesn't appear again until I back up and then the cycle repeats. The pads shift and create a click. Does your vehicle experience the same?
Yeah man it sounds like what you experienced.. it only clicks when rolling and when im at a low speed..i'll double check the brakes and see what's going on