GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Best Led Tail Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-13, 03:38 PM
nGooo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFC89
Looks great. What exhaust is that? And how loud is it? I'm looking for something that sounds deep and smooth but is not loud where it drowns out the whole interior cabin with exhaust growl.
5zigen mega fireballs. these with resonator delete will give it nice deep tone. well depends on if you have a 300 or 400/430 as well.
Old 03-29-13, 04:44 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nGooo
5zigen mega fireballs. these with resonator delete will give it nice deep tone. well depends on if you have a 300 or 400/430 as well.
I have the 430. Do they make them were the factory resonators are still present?
Old 03-29-13, 04:54 PM
nGooo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 430. Do they make them were the factory resonators are still present?
these are just axle backs. so deleting your resonators is your option.
Old 03-29-13, 06:57 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nGooo
these are just axle backs. so deleting your resonators is your option.
Damn they are pricey for just being axle back but probably the best option for looks and for me wanting something more subtle noise wise. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-30-13, 11:36 AM
pmlexus
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn they are pricey for just being axle back but probably the best option for looks and for me wanting something more subtle noise wise. Thanks for the info.
I have the same set up on my GS but I have the universal mufflers and I love the sound. It is deep but not too loud in side the cabin. I love the sound in the morning when I first start her up, and it has the deep tone. I recommend that you get them if you can find them still I know that they are now discontinued, I paid $600 for mine and they were used.
Old 03-30-13, 11:58 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pmlexus
I have the same set up on my GS but I have the universal mufflers and I love the sound. It is deep but not too loud in side the cabin. I love the sound in the morning when I first start her up, and it has the deep tone. I recommend that you get them if you can find them still I know that they are now discontinued, I paid $600 for mine and they were used.
Thanks bro. I've built several cars that were just too loud. Especially my most recent build FC rx7. This is a luxury car and I want to keep it that way. I'm currently trying to source the 5zigen but if I have no success I'll go with the JP Type 3.
Old 04-02-13, 02:30 PM
pmlexus
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks bro. I've built several cars that were just too loud. Especially my most recent build FC rx7. This is a luxury car and I want to keep it that way. I'm currently trying to source the 5zigen but if I have no success I'll go with the JP Type 3.
My exhaust is currently using the factory resinators and the tone is perfect, I have was orginaly going to just have them removed but Im glad I didnt. The key to a good sounding exhaust is the resinators that you use.
Old 04-03-13, 08:55 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Depo before and afters.......................

Old 04-03-13, 08:58 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Also install on the Depo's were very easy. Just pull out factory housing with harness intact. Insert new Light and snap Depo harness in. I also didn't use the resistor boxes as recommended. Simply pulled the gauge cluster and removed the bulb.
Old 04-03-13, 09:10 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Also install on the Depo's were very easy. Just pull out factory housing with harness intact. Insert new Light and snap Depo harness in. I also didn't use the resistor boxes as recommended. Simply pulled the gauge cluster and removed the bulb.
Did you do the tailight mod for your Depo's?
Old 04-03-13, 09:22 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Did you do the tailight mod for your Depo's?
Mod? .................
Old 04-03-13, 09:49 AM
pdxgs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mod? .................
Those depos look so clean on a white car. The taillight mod consists of cutting a resister in the taillight sending unit so the light-out bulb in the dash doesn't light with LED tails. Easier than pulling the dash bulb.

Here it is: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...l?ref=esp-link
Old 04-03-13, 10:39 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pdxgs
Those depos look so clean on a white car. The taillight mod consists of cutting a resister in the taillight sending unit so the light-out bulb in the dash doesn't light with LED tails. Easier than pulling the dash bulb.

Thank you. I beg to differ on pulling the left side of the trunk apart and cutting the wire being easier. It took me about 5 minutes to pull the bulb. The gauge cluster comes out quite easily.
Old 04-03-13, 12:39 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Mod? .................
Originally Posted by pdxgs

Actually I meant ****-ADKT's thread... it works with the DEPO tails too:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6929573-post9.html

I just put a piece of electrical tape to cover the "light-out" indicator on the cluster since I'm not running resistors either.
Old 04-03-13, 01:39 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Actually I meant ****-ADKT's thread... it works with the DEPO tails too:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6929573-post9.html

I just put a piece of electrical tape to cover the "light-out" indicator on the cluster since I'm not running resistors either.
Its so easy to remove the cluster. Just pull 3 circle plastic outer piece straight out. Disconnect the odometer reset wire and put it aside. There are 2 top and 2 bottom screws holding the gauge cluster in place. Remove them and pull cluster out and lay it on its back on the steering column without undoing any wire. The brake light bulb is the second one from the left on the bottom. Take a phillips screw driver and remove the bulb and reassemble. It takes no more then 5 minutes.

Quick Reply: Best Led Tail Light