GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 08:25 PM
tresvatos
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line

I hit a small patch of small jagged rocks in EL PAso TX last week, and caused two left side blowouts and knocked what I believe to be my control arm and a main arm under the strut back causing a slight bend. The two wheels on the left side were bent, so new wheels will be a must.
if you can tell very vaguely in the pic that the front tire is back from where it should be a little. I will take more pics and try to get suggestions from the forum members. This sucks because the day before someone knocked off my driver's side mirror and I was upset about having to have to pay 200+ for a new mirror shell, but now I have this problem to contend with! New wheel suggestions will be asked for from forum members too, but I think i will start a new thread for those! I think the focus now will be where I can get the control arm and the other pieces that were bent in the front impact. Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Attached Thumbnails Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line-lexus-wheel-bent-back.jpg  
Old 03-06-12, 12:30 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

That sucks, when it rains it pours.

Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 03-06-12, 09:13 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

what part of miss you in OP? i may have the parts you need...depending on what on the suspension you fubared.
Old 03-06-12, 01:53 PM
tresvatos
Driver

Thanks for the help. let me get the wheel off and I will keep you updated ASAP. Right now i am busy as he77 trying to put an intake on my big gas guzzler truck so that I can use it and not get in a hurry with my GS. I am not sure which arm is bent right now.. It will probably be either 1, 2, or 3 though if i had to guess. Those seem to be the main arms holding the wheels caster position on the driver's side. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line-gs430-susp-arm1.jpg   Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line-gs-430-suspension-arm-2.jpg  
Old 03-06-12, 02:48 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

again.....what part of MS are you in?
Old 03-06-12, 11:25 PM
tresvatos
Driver

sakataJ--- i apologize, I was in a rush earlier an thought you were talking about what parts am I missing instead of Mississippi. I am in N. Mississippi, about 45 min from Tenn Line. near Corinth, Miss, but not far from Memphis either. thnx
Old 03-07-12, 08:14 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tresvatos
sakataJ--- i apologize, I was in a rush earlier an thought you were talking about what parts am I missing instead of Mississippi. I am in N. Mississippi, about 45 min from Tenn Line. near Corinth, Miss, but not far from Memphis either. thnx
all good man....i know people from corinth. yeah about a hour from me. let me know what parts you need and i can see if i can help
Old 03-07-12, 12:55 PM
tresvatos
Driver

Thanks- give me a second to get my truck back on the road, and i will disect the Lexus wheel support and let you know what I find out. Also I need to start looking at some wheels .. i have seen some nice GS430-400 wuth Black wheels that look very nice, so may try and go that route.
Old 03-07-12, 01:07 PM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You most likely bent the lca#1.

You can tell if its bent just by looking at it.
Old 03-07-12, 04:40 PM
LexiBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that
Old 03-10-12, 12:58 PM
tresvatos
Driver

Thanks for suggestions-hopefully can take a look at supports this weekend behind wheel and get pics.
Old 03-10-12, 01:27 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

why is your car red inside?
Old 03-14-12, 08:10 PM
tresvatos
Driver

Oh - to the above post, I have been busy as he77 and did my damage in El paso , TX . I have been trying to get my truck up and running, so not much time to take my wheel off on Lexus- I saw the damage when I had new tires put on. I used some pics off of this forum in the Lexus DIY section to try and show what I thought might be wrong- Not my Car- used pics from this forum - hope that clears that up - thanks for getting that question out of the way! Oh I work for Uncle Sam, so not driving a Chop Shop car if that was even a thought.
Old 03-27-12, 02:03 PM
tresvatos
Driver

Default photos of damage during curb impact

These are the photos i was able to get that show what happened during curb impact. I really can't tell anything by just looking, although alignment shop says that wheel was knocked back. which is noticeable in comparison to the opposite pas. side wheel. The control arm shows 14" back from the front fender liner, just for reference. I would imagine the Lower control arm would be the only crucial component making the wheel caster rear of spec. The upper control arm appears the same as the pass. side, so unsure if it is bent at all. I also took a pic of the ball joint behind the fender well, which I am not positive if this suffered impact sufficient to bend or damage or not. Any comments would be welcome to maybe find a starting point on realigning the front driver's wheel centric components. i tried to get my pics vertical , but I am not having any luck, so please excuse that glitch. Thanks, greg
Attached Thumbnails Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line-photo-3.jpg   Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line-photo-1.jpg   Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line-photo-2.jpg  
Old 03-27-12, 02:26 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

so im wondering why a competent alignment shop cant tell you whats bent?

Quick Reply: Slight wreck GS430 front L suspension_wheels_out of line