Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

gs300 with bmw wheels.

Old 08-02-11, 05:06 AM   #1
trickz
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Default gs300 with bmw wheels.

hi i have a question. i seen the posts up for the gs300 with 745i rims on them but didnt get a good answer from the posts. if i redrill the 745i rims will i still need a spacer? if so what size spacer?

Also if i was to get an adapter does it really have to be 19mm? i dont want them to stick out like crazy but i do have UAS airbags

please let me a good answer
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
trickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 07:59 AM   #2
Debonair
iModerate
Trader Score: (0)

I am far from an expert on this subject but if you use an adapter it needs to be thick enough that the wheel does not make contact with the original studs. If the original studs are 19mm the you will probably need a equivalent adapter.
Old 08-02-11, 08:53 PM   #3
trickz
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
I am far from an expert on this subject but if you use an adapter it needs to be thick enough that the wheel does not make contact with the original studs. If the original studs are 19mm the you will probably need a equivalent adapter.
yea i spoke to someone on here he just redrilled the holes and slapped them on with no problem.. i need a place that can redrill rims. but i dunno if it will affect my balance
trickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 11:22 PM   #4
Debonair
iModerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickz View Post
yea i spoke to someone on here he just redrilled the holes and slapped them on with no problem.. i need a place that can redrill rims. but i dunno if it will affect my balance
Wheels and tires are balanced from the center, not the lug holes so they should balance fine. As long as whatever shop does the re-drill for you knows what they are doing you should not have any issues.
Old 09-20-11, 10:50 PM   #5
Slydewayz
Driver School Candidate

Any luck fitting the 745i wheels on the GS?
Slydewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 04:04 PM   #6
chuydiaz
Driver School Candidate

i would like to know if u had any luck installing those rims in ur ride because i am interesteed in the same setup
thanks in advance.
chuydiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 07:40 PM   #7
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Redrill you don't need adapters unless you meant Spacers? Depending how flush you want it to look or how far you want it to stick out. I'm using adapters from 5x114.3 to 5x120 from Adaptec since I'm not redrilling. Front is 20mm and rear is 25mm. I'm running 20x9/10.5 +25 all around on bags. Fender work done? Yes. Hope this helps. And as far as stock style 95 wheels, redrill and slap them on. I had the style 95 redrilled And slapped them on with no issues. Oh yea, hub rings is a must. For me at least.
YxUxMADDDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 10:21 PM   #8
cruisinvip
Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Cruisinvip

mine are redrilled and it looks and works just fine. My fenders arent even rolled. but thats with at 235 tire in the back.
cruisinvip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 10:25 PM   #9
WLGS01
Pole Position

Like said above, you wont need a spacer if your wheels are redrilled unless you want the wheels to stick out more, but then again getting adapters in the first place might be cheaper. As far as having the wheels cleared from studs, I believe a 19mm spacer will do.
WLGS01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 08:36 PM   #10
chuydiaz
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YxUxMADDDD View Post
Redrill you don't need adapters unless you meant Spacers? Depending how flush you want it to look or how far you want it to stick out. I'm using adapters from 5x114.3 to 5x120 from Adaptec since I'm not redrilling. Front is 20mm and rear is 25mm. I'm running 20x9/10.5 +25 all around on bags. Fender work done? Yes. Hope this helps. And as far as stock style 95 wheels, redrill and slap them on. I had the style 95 redrilled And slapped them on with no issues. Oh yea, hub rings is a must. For me at least.
can u post some pics of ur ride to see how it looks before i take further steps please

thanks
chuydiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 08:36 PM

Tags
2nd, 745, affect, bmw, bronx, generation, good, gs, gs300, lexus, redrilling, rims, strength, wheel, wheels